Know about this? Rate It!
Uomini d'onore sugnu
With all the money that the European Union has poured into Sicily, it is now easy to speed around the island on good, modern roads. But when old Cliffie lived there, aging Fiat buses were trundling along narrow hillside roads on their slow journeys into the interior. Sweltering in the Sicilian heat, keeping a watchful eye on the dark-suited men with a 'lupara' (shotgun) casually draped over a shoulder, you could take a bus to Corleone, home town of the fictional Corleone clan in Coppola's Godfather trilogy. In the old days, a hundred silent eyes would watch as you got off the bus, the click of the dominoes would stop as you parted the bead curtains of a bar, the collective intake of breath would be let out only when your accent gave you away as a foreigner.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Palermo Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Horseshoe Beach Hotels
- Laguindingan Hotels
- Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
- Saint Julian's
- Florence Hotels
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Venice Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path