Know about this? Rate It!
Markets are always fascinating
We wandered around the market for a while but it was near the end of the morning so traders were starting to pack up.
Compared with the little shops we had used in Cefalu, the quality of fruit and vegetables was excellent and the prices were cheap.
- Food and Dining
- Women's Travel
You will find some street markets in Palermo, as well as in almost al other Italian cities. Two of them are the most known and large: Vucciria and Ballaro'; not very far one from the other. Vucciria is on the sea-side of via Roma and Ballaro lies in the corner between Vittorio Emmanuele and Maqueda streets.
Don't worry: you are welcome to walk amid the stalls!
Palermo, Vucciria with the...
Palermo, Vucciria with the Market and Kalsa. It´s normaly very dangerous because these are very poor parts of Palermo, but if You get the possibility go there and you´ll see Palermo with different eyes.
It´s better to hide your camera and don´t walk like a tourist with your guide book in the hands
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Palermo Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Chennai (Madras) Hotels
- Pasay City Hotels
- Zimbabwe Hotels
- Bergen op Zoom
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Kinzua Bridge State Park Hotels
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Chicago Off The Beaten Path
- Venice Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- Washington State Off The Beaten Path
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Rome
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Mackinac Island Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path