Siracusa Tourist Traps

by Nobbe

Most Recent Tourist Traps in Siracusa

• Siracusa puppet show

by samples2go Updated Jul 29, 2009

Just came back from an 18 day trip to Sicily and spent a week exploring the streets of Siracusa.
    Everywhere I went I saw advertisement for the puppet show and puppet workshop. After a few days of seeing all the ads and reading some posts we decided to go. I called ahead and made a reservation. Sorry I did!

First off I counted 50 people in a room that could only seat 20-25. They crammed us in a bench towards the back and took our kids to the front of the show to sit with other adults and kids. Their reason was for a good view, but my children who are 5 and 7 didn't want to sit next to strangers and they wouldn't let them sit with us. When we tried to change seat we were told that we couldn't move.

The people running the show have a clip board that is a seating chart and use zero common sense when seating. The show was dark and violent and the puppet masters yelled in Itilian the entire time to make the show more intense. Save your 20-30 Eruos and go to a nice dinner instead.

Fun Alternatives: Go to Dinner and walk the streets. Don't waster your time with the show, unless your ok with a dark story and you speak Italian.

• Theater Travel

• Alice-Kees's Profile Photo

Greek Theatre completely covered

by Alice-Kees Updated Jul 19, 2003

We went to "Neapolis Parco Archeologico", which was not difficult to find, as long as you follow the tour buses and continue walking through a corridor of souvenir stalls. What we got to see was quite disappointing, as the Greek Theatre, the main attraction of the site, was completely covered under pieces that belonged to a theatre play to be held here every evening in summer. Still they let us pay the full entrance fee of € 4,00 at the entrance.

Unique Suggestions: Make sure there is no theatre play on that same evening.

Fun Alternatives: Alternatively, try to get a reduction on the entrance fee and hang around in the other, less dramatic places of the ancient city.

• Archeology

• davidcross's Profile Photo

La Finanziera restaurant in...

by davidcross Written Aug 26, 2002

La Finanziera restaurant in Via Epicarno. The Rough Guide [which on the whole was accurate and helpful] calls it inexpensive. Unfortunately I had not been in Sicily long enough to know how monstrous was the price of my meal.

• Nobbe's Profile Photo

Visit one of the many Santa...

by Nobbe Written Aug 24, 2002

Visit one of the many Santa Lucia churches. This one can be found in the center of the old town. There are plenty of Santa Lucia Churches, so if you're going to check them all out it will take plenty of time....

Instant Answers: Siracusa

Comments

Siracusa Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Siracusa tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Siracusa sightseeing.