Taormina Restaurants

• Sea bream, fishcake, saute potatoes and salad
    Sea bream, fishcake, saute potatoes and...
    Arancini (rice balls)
    Cheese carpaccio

Most Recent Restaurants in Taormina

Il Delfino: Lunch at the beach

by SallyM Written Oct 24, 2012
    Lido Delfino, Taormina

Taormina is not the place for vast, sandy beaches. The beach is quite small and rocky, but has nice views. I think the best way to enjoy the sea at Taormina is to have lunch at one of the beach-side restaurants.

Il Delfino is a private lido with sun loungers and pedaloes for hire, as well as a snack bar and a restaurant.

Favorite Dish: We went for seafood options (spaghetti alla vongole for me and seafood risotto for my husband). Both were good

• Beaches

Arancini In Corso: Cheap lunch option

by SallyM Updated Oct 24, 2012

Arancini In Corso

If you just want a snack for lunch, you can get an arancino (Sicilian rice ball) and a soft drink here for 4 euros 50. They come with a range of fillings, from the traditional meat and peas, to tuna or sausage.

Favorite Dish: Arancini, obviously! They do sell other snacks,such as pizza, but I didn't try those. The arancini, however, are the best we had in Taormina.

I had the ‘Tradizionale’ (rice, meat, peas, parmesan), my husband had ‘Porcellino’ (mushroom, tomato, sausage, peppers).

• SallyM's Profile Photo

O'sciality: Best ice-cream in Taormina?

by SallyM Updated Oct 24, 2012

Osciality Gelateria

After in-depth research, my husband declared that this was the best gelateria in Taormina (which is an accolade indeed - I have to say that all the ice-cream I ate in Taormina was delicious).

His favourite was the strawberry. I can recommend the coffee ice-cream, but they do a huge range of flavours. If you can't face a cloying ice-cream, they sell granitas as well. The peach flavour is very good.

Favorite Dish: Strawberry ice-cream.

Ristorante Pizzeria Mirage: Etna Sunset

by SallyM Updated Aug 6, 2012

Spaghetti with chillies and garlic

This restaurant is on via Roma. The outdoor seating area is next to the tennis court entrance to the Giardino Pubblico, and has a wonderful view over the bay and Mount Etna. It's one of the more reasonably-priced restaurants in Taormina, but the food is good. Just watch out for the fish-loving wasps, which are a hazard when eating outside anywhere in Taormina.

Favorite Dish: I had a starter of a very simple dish of spaghetti with olive oil, chillies and garlic, which was excellent, followed by grilled swordfish (which they do well everywhere in Taormina). My husband went for spaghetti with mussels followed by swordfish with prawns.

The pizzas I saw going to other tables looked good, too.

• School Holidays

La Botte: Delicious

by SallyM Updated Aug 5, 2012

Sarde beccafico

The night we visited this restaurant they were catering for a christening party, so it seems to be somewhere the locals go. Certainly the food was excellent.

I had ravioli with ricotta in a pistachio sauce, followed by sarde beccafico (sardines stuffed to resemble small birds), both of which were absolutely delicious. The creme caramel I had for dessert was also good, but my husband's enormous helping of tiramisu was definitely 'historic'.

La Grotta Azzura: Good -but be careful of fish sold by weight

by SallyM Updated Aug 5, 2012

The fresh fish display

This restaurant specialises in fish and seafood, and has a very impressive display of fresh fish and a very enthusiastic owner.

This is very tempting, but do be aware that a lot of the fish is charged by weight. (They will weigh the fish and tell you the weight and cost before they cook it for you, but if you get carried away, it can be an expensive option). If you want to keep an eye on costs, stick to regular menu options rather than the speciality of the day! [The fish here isn't really any more expensive than at other restaurants - fish by weight is sold elsewhere for similar prices. It's just that this restaurant is somehow more tempting]

Favorite Dish: We had whitebait, which was excellent, followed by sea bass. All very good, but rather expensive, as the sea bass, which we shared, weighed 900g at 6 euros per 100g!

Ristorante Pizzeria Taormina: Great View

by SallyM Written Aug 1, 2012

View from the terrace Pizzeria Ristorante Taormina

This is one of several restaurants on Corso Umberto which has a terrace with great views. The entrance is down a short alley off the Corso.

We visited an lunchtime and just had a pasta dish each. Both were traditional Sicilian dishes and delicious. Pasta alla Norma is with tomatoes and aubergines, pasta con le sarde is with sardines, sultanas and breadcrumbs.

The bill for two, with coperto and water, was 28 euros.

• Archeology

• Il Sareceno: food andbest view from the entire area

by genebeans Written Jul 27, 2012

We went twice last month and took a taxi who also brought us back to Taormina and with tip that was 20 euro
    The Restaurant is way above Taormina on the way to Castelmola and we sat outdoors on the patio and shared great pasta dishes and also each of us had seafood dinners.
    Desserts are also excellent and do yourself a favor and go here if you are in Taormina as it is worth it just for the view--Gene

Favorite Dish: Main course Tuna with onions grilled from Tropea- Also we loved the Pasta with clsms which we split both times. The onions are the best maybe world wide coming from Tropea--

• Wine Tasting

Ristorante Le Naumachie: Creative and Delicious

by SallyM Written Jul 25, 2012
    Sea bream, fishcake, saute potatoes and salad

This restaurant is named after the nearby ruins of the ancient Greco-Roman Naumachia. The food and its presentation is however very modern (though one or two dishes are what Michael Winner might term 'historic').

Bread comes with olive oil for dipping and an assortment of different salts (plain, orange and sage.

A 'carpaccio' of local cheeses was an interesting starter, served with orange slices, almonds and a pear 'jelly' (more like a sauce). My other half opted for the more traditional arancini. We both selected fish for the main course: sea bream in white wine sauce for him, and a 'fishcake' of sea bass for me. The latter was unlike any fishcake I have ever seen. No potato, no breadcrumbs, no frying - just a delicious concoction of sea bass, covered in slivers of zucchini and an orange sauce.

For dessert, I had a small, but perfectly executed creme caramel - one of the best I have ever tasted. My husband went for the restaurant's interpretation of the local speciality cannolo. It turned out to be a deconstructed version, with the pastry in slices, rather than a tube, but it tasted very good.

Favorite Dish: The fishcake was excellent, and the creme caramel was also delicious.

The bread, which had tomato inside was also delicious.

• Photography
    • Archeology

• Granduca: More than just Food!

by eryxman Updated Mar 16, 2012

This was a happy surprise. The door is on the main thoroughfare in Taormina and we simply took a chance. Well, it was a lot of fun...good food and a delightful staff! The host and desk guy were very gay (but the restaurant isn't) and very upbeat and attentive. Judging from the families and married couples all over the place, I don't think it was an issue. In the warmer weather try for a table in the garden...fantastic views over the Ionian Sea and to Mt. Etna. Seafood specialties and pizza on the menu.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Da Angelina: Bad & more bad touristy menu

by croisbeauty Written Sep 15, 2011

Ristorante&Pizzeria

Thanks to our guide we had a "magnificent" lunch at the reastaurant & pizzeria called Da Angelina. The guide was forcing us to leave Taormina, rushing like hell, because we had to reach on time at this restaurant. It was big disappointment for the whole gruop because lunch was literaly pathetic and barely eatable. The restaurant is located at the nice place, in fact pretty much attractive, but the ambient in the restaurant is forgetable.
    I bet our guide got very good provvision for taking nas here.

Favorite Dish: It is hard to remember when I had such a bad food, we paid it 25 euros but it was thrown money. The first dish was suppose to be some kind of fish soup but all I could remember is tepid and light brown coloured "something", milles away of what fish soup should be alike. The second dish I barely remember, we got some grilled fish which tasted fish alike but was too cold for eating.

• aquatic's Profile Photo

Grotta Azzura: Nice cozy little restaurant

by aquatic Written Mar 16, 2010

We were refered to this restaurant by our hotel staff.

It is a very cozy homelike restaurant (sort of a boushon style of Lyon in France ) with a little display of fresh fish outside by the entrance. While we ate we could watch how the chief prepares our food. We chose fresh local fish from the displayand also ordered pasta for everybody. It was our fist meal in Sicily . We found out that it is too much to eat, especially in an evening after 7. But we are healthy eaters; you may consider it is just enough because everything in Sicily is soooooo tasty, soooo fresh! I could not resist to overeat!

Everything was very good, simple and tasty. The wine was a little overpriced, I was not happy about the quality of that specific bottle. Fish was very expensive, but since it was our first meal, I did not know how to react to that bill.

Now I do understand that Taormina is the most expensive town of all I visited. Everything is expensive there.

Grotta Azzura has nice selection of dishes and pasta is just great there.

• Wine Tasting

• johnaalex's Profile Photo

Ristorante Baronessa: Greatt food and lovely view

by johnaalex Updated May 17, 2008

This is rated as one the best places to eat in Taormina and I can see why. Even though we were only staying 4 nights in Taormina we ate here twice - and there is no shortage of other places. The food was really of the highest quality and the service was impeccable. It is advisable to book in advance to secure a table close to the window so that you can enjoy the panoramic view while you dine.

Favorite Dish: The fillet of beef in thin pastry with procini mushrooms and parmesan cheese served in a rich red wine sauce. Top quality meat cooked perfectly, a very tasty dish.

• Grotta Azzurra: Beware, you could be faced with a large bill

by het Written Oct 8, 2006

Whilst I cannot fault the food, you MUST get a price for fish and seafood before they cook it for you if you are to avoid a nasty shock.

I tried asking 3 times for the price and 3 times they refused to tell me. I then told myself it cannot be that expensive, but I was wrong!

If you cannot get a price beforehand, walk out of the restaurant.

• mortica's Profile Photo

Texicana: TEX MEX

by mortica Written Aug 17, 2006

This is a nice option to all the italian restaurants in Taormina, although they also have pizza. First day we eat there, the food was great and we were happy, but the next day I was very disappointed. I ordered fajitas with chicken, and got a plate with lots of salty chicken with cheese and peppers (paprika), and only ONE small fajita (taco) to eat with it. This is NOT the way to serve fajitaS!! Where are the fajitas? And we did'n bother to complain, because then the italians typically would say: "Non capisco". But

Favorite Dish: Order the taco vegeratian - and you will be happy.

Instant Answers: Taormina

Comments

Taormina Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Taormina restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Taormina sightseeing.