Lago di Molveno Travel Guide

First glimpses of the lake
    Grape vines en route
    by iandsmith
    The mountains come into view

Lago di Molveno Things to Do

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Grape vines en route 4 more images

by iandsmith Written Dec 15, 2009

The day was perfect, my memory was clear. Molveno had been special when I first visited but many of its charms were hidden by haze and low level cloud. This day dawned clear and sunny. I yearned to travel from Malcesine just to see it again.
    So it was that, after a couple of deviations, we came to the southern side of the lake (pics 3&4). Rosemarie was impressed. I suggested that she should wait till we got to the northern end.
    Indeed, my suggestion was appropriate. The scene simply got more and more breathtaking the closer we got until, in near perfect conditions, we pulled up on the side of the road and soaked it up for ten minutes.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Photography

Lago di Molveno Restaurants

• iandsmith's Profile Photo

by iandsmith Written May 29, 2004

The atmosphere was excellent. I had missed out the previous night as they were closed. Nothing unusual for me there.
    Anyhow, I lucked out the second night and got a seat.
    The lady had some grasp of English and I managed to get through the meal O.K.
    I couldn't exactly describe what I ate (because I still don't know) but it was a meat dish incorporating a leg of something, I suspect bovine though it may have been ovine.
    It didn't quite live up to what I'm used to at home and the flavour was only average.

Lago di Molveno Sports & Outdoors

• Time out

It's just nice on occasions while skiing on a clear day to stop and reflect at how lucky you are just to be in that place at that time. Standing on a mountainside with much of the visible world below you is one of the other treats of skiing/

• From the top

Were you to go beyond the towers and fall over the edge, you'd land near Trento, one of my favourite Italian towns. You'd also be a bit stupid, but that's another story.This is the view from the top station La Roda, where you can also eat at the restaurant. Well, snack bar anyway. All equipment hire can be done at the base. All the places I skied...

• Getting there is half the fun

This gives you some idea of what the northern side is like. You can access this area from the village of Fai della Paganella. The base station, Santel, is at 1088 metres and you have to take three chairs to the top at La Roda (2125 metres), thus giving you 1,037 vertical metres.This shot is taken whilst on the second lift, Meriz-Dosso Larici and...

Lago di Molveno Favorites

• Water sports

In summer this place is abuzz with boating activity. Australia even had its eighteen footers (the fastest monohulled sailing boats in the world) over there for a round of the international titles. The eighteen footers have no restriction on sail capacity, it just depends how crazy you want to go!The resort, though basically closed in winter, comes...

• The entrance

I had to drive through this diabolical driveway to park adjacent to the hotel. As with most places in Italy, parking is at a premium and I fully understood why the manager of the hotel had a frown when I suggested parking in one the three spots near the front door.With half a metre either side to spare, it's the narrowest driveway I've ever...

• Sunrise

For an all too brief period the smog cleared and the splendour of the mountains made itself apparent. This shot is taken from the balcony of the hotel.

Instant Answers: Lago di Molveno

Comments

Explore Deeper into Lago di Molveno
Church
Favorites
A view for the rich and the not-so-rich
A little lago land