Merano Restaurants

La Bruschetta in Merano business card
    by Jfk66

Best Rated Restaurants in Merano

• balhannah's Profile Photo

EIDELWEISSHUTTE: WARM & COSY!

by balhannah Written Dec 6, 2011

Eidelweisshutte

The Eidelweisshutte is located at the top of the Jaufenpass.
    It is a smallish Log Cabin, with plenty of outdoor tables with glorious views on a warmer day than ours.
    We went inside, and ordered soup and ham rolls for lunch. Both were good, the soup was very tasty, and we were full afterwards.
    Toilet's are here, and you need to pay a coin to use them. The sell take-away food and have a small selection of souvenir's.
    The atomesphere was nice, it was warm on a cold day, the staff were pleasant, and if ever here again, we would stop here again!

• PALLINA's Profile Photo

Oberlechner: far but it worhts your visit

by PALLINA Updated Apr 17, 2009

Although it is not a restaurant "on the way" because you have to follow directions to a very small villages where some hiking paths begin, this is a real wonder in the field of Sud Tirol's dishes. I had there the best "canederli" (Knodel in German) of my life and one of my best apple Strudel. You can have lunch outside and they also offer rooms in B&B. Half board is not foreseen, but you can have the room and than eat in this marvellous restaurant à la carte.

• Hiking and Walking

Brewery Forst: what a bier

by PALLINA Updated Jun 19, 2009

They have a wonderful summer dehor, unfortunately closed on the first weekend of April, although the outside temperature had allowed it. Anyway it's a great place where to taste bier (they have plenty of types) and have some typiacal Sud Tirol menu. Better to book in advance, but not strictly necessary. There are so many car or moto drivers which just stop for a bier and will stay 10 minutes so the wait can also not be so long, altough the dining room is full. I strongly reccomand the bier which can be drank just there (there is only one type, ask to the waiter). Unmissable.

• Motorcycle
    • Beer Tasting

• La Bruschetta: Much more than bruschetta

by Jfk66 Written Sep 22, 2012
    La Bruschetta in Merano business card

We came upon this when staying at a hotel a couple of blocks away. The service was personal and the waiter, a true Italian speaker unusual in this area, made recommendations. The restaurant is known for its antipasti misto, both hot and cold with seafood a highlight. We also ordered a pizza for my husband which was also excellent. I was going to order pasta but the waiter warned me I would be full and he was right. We ended eating there at the other end of our hiking trip and had pizza and pasta with seafood (it was Friday and that's all they had in terms of pasta), which was fabulous. The pasta clams in the shell, mussels and prawns on top with homemade pasta and tomato sauce. Others were having the frito misto of seafood and not leaving a bite. My husband had been yearning for another pizza from this restaurant as he has been looking for pizza he remembers having years in ago in New York. He admitted this surpassed it. They also had a crisp white house wine by the glass. What more did I need? My husband had weisbier.

You might actually need reservations on weekends, especially at prime hours and if you want to sit in the sun porch area.

Favorite Dish: The pasta with seafood and the pizza. All homemade and the pizza has that crisp crust and just the right amount of sauce we are always looking for. I would eat what is on special and what is recommended by the waiter. See what others are eating, plus the pizza. We never did eat any bruschetta!

Brewery Forst (Downtown): what a bier

by PALLINA Written May 16, 2011

The same good bier of the other tip but a different location: downtown in front of the Kurhaus. The ambience is typical but elegant in the same time, they have tables outsinde on Via delle Libertà and a medium sized garden inside. Dishes are typical for South Tyrol but they also have some "general" Italian dishes (just to let you remember they are in Italy and not in Austria!).
    Open from 10.30 AM to 12 PM

Favorite Dish: I had a fantastic apple strudel (Apfelstrudel)

• Beer Tasting

Kallmuenz: when Japan meets Sud Tirol and Neaples

by PALLINA Updated Jun 4, 2009

Right in the centre of Meran's Old Town you will find this suberb Japanese Restaurant. Waiters are Japanese (and actually a bit funny while speaking in Italian) and the chef is from Neaples; considering that Meran is located in a German speaking Italian area, the mix is a sort of bomb. A terrific bomb of fantasy and flavours. I've choosen a menu (the cheapest) and did not regret anything. Everything was excellent, service very accurate, tables are sufficiently far one from another. An outstanding food experience.

Favorite Dish: I loved raw fish

• Luxury Travel

• PALLINA's Profile Photo

Schlosswirt: great view but not great quality

by PALLINA Updated Apr 27, 2009

This restaurant were advice by a collegue of mine, whose mother comes from Merano. She gave me excellent tips BUT NOT THIS ONE. I liked the superb and panoramic location, but the ambience is too elegant in comparison to the low quality service and the low quality food. We had both menus in Italian and in German (I speak German, very useful in Sud Tirol!!!) so we could not misunderstood the courses. Everything was really fat; my steak should have been rare but it was well done (I cannot stand it). The wine was good, but they did not cook it by themselves.

• Seniors

Instant Answers: Merano

Comments

Merano Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Merano restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Merano sightseeing.