Riva del Garda Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by hdlions

Best Rated Restaurants in Riva del Garda

• mapakettle's Profile Photo

Ristorante Kapuziner am See (Hotel Vittoria): Wonderful Bavarian food...

by mapakettle Updated Nov 3, 2005

as seen from hotel side on Via Disciplini

This restaurant was attached to our hotel, and as a rule, Ma Kettle and I usually give hotel food a pass. However, something brought us back here, after searching the center for a decent restaurant. Perhaps it was the desk clerk's very honest approach towards the hotel upon check-in, and her good comments on the food offered.

I would suggest that mostly locals, and hotel guests dine here. Hard to say, but the dining area had a relaxed feel about it, plus a very professional way about it. The aroma was fantastic, and the general atmosphere very pleasant.

Every thing was spotless, real linen was used, and the waitstaff dressed as you might expect German serving 'wenches' to dress.

Favorite Dish: All dishes were great, not just good, but 'great'. We had an assortment of various items, sharing as usual. My main dish was Trentino pasta, with mushrooms. Excellent. Other items included a type of pancake with apple butter (yummm), potato salad (perfect), fresh pretzels, bread basket with various types of rolls, and Ma 's favourite was a type of goulash.

Fresh beer on tap, I have forgotten the brand name however, but it too was excellent, especially since I never enjoy a beer after the summer is over.

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo

Birreria Maffei: Brasserie in business sice 1649

by oriettaIT Updated Jun 23, 2010

Weizen

When I was planning this weekend I found somewhere a good review about this place. We both like good beer and austrian food so we decided to give it a try.
    It was a real good advice!!
    This restaurant was first a brewery since 1649, unfortunally i was too concentrated on my own beer and food to ask them about their history but i will do it for sure next time i visit.
    The dining area is pictoresque, it look like it was a outdoor yard before because of the stone's pavement. There are two other smaller room a lot quieter. We picked one of those.
    The main weitress (probably one of the owners) seems to know almost half of the customer by name, good sign!! It is a restaurant where locals go!!
    The menu have a good variety of pizza and a selection of austrian/german food. The beer is from a local brewery. We had two 0,5 liter Weizen, a selection of local cheese as appetizer, two portions of smoked pork chop with sauercrauts and potatoes and a home made tiramisu and the bill was 46,50 euro total.

Favorite Dish: The beer was delicious. The smoked porkchop was very tasty and so soft that it melted. Tiramisu, well that does no need any specifications!!

• dedeckerm.'s Profile Photo

Good wines !!

by dedeckerm. Written Mar 30, 2003

During our holiday we haven`t visit other restaurants because we booked full board.

One thing for sure : they gave good wines in the region of Riva
    Just try this ones :
    BIANCO DEL GARDA : good with fish and hors d`oeuvre
    LUGANA : also good with fish and hors d`oeuvre but also excellent as apéritif
    TOCAI : fish and must fresh served
    VINO SANTO : sweet wine
    BARDOLINO : served with roast meat
    CHIARETTO : good with fish and meat
    DOSSO DEL GARDA : excellent by roasted meat
    VALTENESI ROSSO : ruby red wine excellent with meat

• meteorologist1's Profile Photo

Ristorante Cinese Lago D'oro: Chinese food in Italy

by meteorologist1 Written Jul 19, 2003

Nice chinese restaurant in Riva del Garda that offers Chinese food. The food is less expensive than other Italian restaurants in the area. The food is priced decent.

Favorite Dish: chicken and pork dishes are good. Try Pork with mixed vegetables (3.62 euros)

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Birreria Maffei: Something Different for a change

by painterdave Written Jun 21, 2010

Smoked Pork

Italian Italian Italian......but once in awhile you need a change. We found this tip on this restaurant from a friend and searched for it on a rainy night. It was worth the effort as the menu was a real surprise and the food was more than excellent.
    I had smoked pork, with potatoes and a salad. I was not disappointed.
    The owner works as a waitress and she knows a lot of the guests that come in. This is a good sign as many were locals.
    And for anyone that is a pizza lover, they make what looks to be great pizzas, too.

Favorite Dish: There are too many things to make a choice in this category, but I was watching the food being brought out to people's tables. It all looked great.
    There is another German style restaurant one street up from this one. But we did not try it, as we saw the crowd going into this one, and realized it was popular as we had been told.

• Water Sports

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Ristorante-pizzeria Trieste.: Pasta, pizza and more!

by Maurizioago Updated Dec 11, 2011

On their menu you can find a good choice of pizzas and pasta. They also serve various fish dishes.

They have some menus at fixed price; including a first and second course, dessert and a drink.

Favorite Dish: Pizza with vegetables.

• Kapuzinner: Great German Food & Beer

by MrHeller Written Oct 15, 2007

I do leave in Riva del Garda for 3 years now, and would say that this is one of the restaurants that you schould visit. If not for lunch or dinner, for sure for a beer. They have original Kapuzinner, pils and Weis ( also awailable the dark one ). Give a try to this place and let me know.

Favorite Dish: The restaurant offers several german dishes, my favorite one is "Stinco di maiale" and with this one a Weis Beer.

• Beer Tasting

• Ristorante Pizzeria Mediterraneo: Don't get cheated

by hdlions Written Jun 18, 2010

Avoid this restaurant at all costs! They purposely cheated us by pretending they didn't understand what I ordered, although I very clearly stated it, more than once, in Italian. ONE pasta, ONE fish, one half-liter of house wine to be divided by two people. The bill for two people, for wine, pasta, and fish was eighty euro! When I protested, they again pretended not to understand. It ruined the first night of our trip in Italy.

• Singles
    • Gay and Lesbian
    • Seniors

Instant Answers: Riva del Garda

Comments

Riva del Garda Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Riva del Garda restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Riva del Garda sightseeing.

View all Riva del Garda hotels