Solda Travel Guide

Solda Things to Do

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Grazing Yaks 4 more images

by lotharlerch Updated May 31, 2008

Reinhold Messner who was the first who climed all 14 peaks higher than 8000 meters without the help of bottled oxygen has founded a set of museums in South Tirol and the Dolomites about the mountains presenting the various aspects of nature, life, culture, religion etc. in the mountains of the world. We wanted to visit this museum in Sulden but unfortunately it was closed on Tuesdays. So we could only see the open air part of it which sometimes gave a sorts Tibetan feeling with all these prayer flags fixed everywhere around. And there are Tibetan Yaks and Llamas grazing in the area and a lot of chicken and other domestic birds from mountainous areas all over the world. One cock was extremely active in giving pleasure to a dozen hens, of course my most popular VT page came into my mind.... ;-)). I had to wait quite a time toget a pic when the cock was at rest (I am sure the pics of his activity would be censored on VT).

Solda Hotels

Solda Restaurants

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo

by lotharlerch Written May 31, 2008

This is a small restaurant attached to the museum. Like the museum it was closed (no wonder, when we visited Sulden it was definitely off-season). I read that there you may eat even yak meat (which tastes similar to beef and is even less fat).

Instant Answers: Solda

Comments

Solda Travel Guide
Map of Solda