Trivio Travel Guide

The youth of Trivio.

Trivio Things to Do

The view of Gaeta Bay

by unravelau Written Apr 17, 2004

The view is spectacular from half way up Mt Redentore. From the top is even better but I haven't reached there yet. At this point (where this photo was taken), you have to get landholders permission to walk past. That wasn't my reason though......I just couldn't get any further with exercise induced asthma.......very hard to breath up there.

I am going to drive up (through Maranola) next time that I visit.

• Hiking and Walking

Trivio Local Customs

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Festival of           in 1998.

by unravelau Written Mar 29, 2003

Italy, as you know, is a country of festivals and celebrations, apart from the momuments and history that is. Every week in Italy (just about), there will be a festival happening somewhere and Trivio participates fully in this tradition.

• Festivals

Trivio Off The Beaten Path

by unravelau Written Apr 26, 2006

Going to the cemetery is not a normal occupation of mine however a number of people, friends or relatives of my companion here, passed away while I was there. When attending a funeral - I imagine it to be the same all over Italy, and after the service, all of the attendees walk behind the funeral vehicle to the cemetery.........it's an unusual feeling.......it is a bit like holding the hand of the deceased while travelling to the final resting place. It is a lovely custom.

As I said, I did this walk a few times while I was in the area and looked up on another occasion, when I had my camera with me. Mt. Redentore, for me, is a magical place and this photo was taken from near the cemetery. I call it Layers of Italy.

• Seniors

Trivio Sports & Outdoors

The Trivio Running Race.

by unravelau Written Apr 17, 2004

could be called an extreme sport. This is a yearly event for Trivio.........people come from all over to do this run in July.....the height of summer..........boy do they look hot. Not the easiest of routes either, I wouldn't think. I have enough trouble walking myself around here let alone running in July. LOL.

Wonderful thing about Italy though is that every small community has a festival or event of some kind that puts them on the map.

Trivio also has a bike ride too, but I forget just now what month they hold that. I personally love the watermelon festival.........LOL.

Equipment: Your language skills or an interpreter would be helpful. To participate that is. For observers........well we all do that with our variety of languages don't we?

• Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: Trivio

Comments

Trivio Travel Guide
Map of Trivio