Arezzo Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Arezzo

• hungariangirl896's Profile Photo

Antica Osteria L'Agania: Wonderful Tuscan Food

by hungariangirl896 Written Feb 17, 2014

Located on a small side street in Arezzo, Antica Osteria L'Agania serves traditional, delicious Tuscan food. The restaurant's exterior is very romantic and Mediterranean since it's covered in ivy, green shutters, and some old lanterns. The restaurant itself is not very big, but contains enough seats for a small crowd. The interior is dark red and white and displays lots of hanging garlic and old bottles of Chianti. Everything you eat here, whether it's wild game, beef, pasta, or cake, is fresh, local, and homemade. Their menu offers lots of choices. You can choose from a list of meats and side dishes or mix and match pasta with sauces in addition to soups, salads, and desserts. I ordered the bruschette miste as an appetizer and it was tasty and fresh. Pastas include pappardelle with mushrooms, pici (thick spaghetti) with pork ragu, gnocchi, and tagliolini. Other dishes include pork chops, grilled meats, rosemary roasted potatoes, and various mixed salads. Vin Santo (Tuscan dessert wine) with cantuccini cookies are the traditional dessert. It's popular to order coffee after the meal. The menu is only in Italian, but if you ask the waitress or use a pocket translator, you shouldn't have any problems. The service is great and you don't have to wait long for the food. The staff is very friendly and they even gave us extra dessert on the house. I'd recommend this as a wonderful, local, and authentic place to eat in Arezzo.

Favorite Dish: I ate the bruschette miste as a starter and for the main course I ate pici pomodoro (thick spaghetti with simple tomato sauce). The sauce was excellent! The Vin Santo went very well with the cantuccini cookies. If I ate here again, I would definitely go with pasta over meats and sides because it is homeade!

Antica Osteria L'Agania Pici Pomodoro Tagliolini Amatriciana Vin Santo and Birra Moretti Pasta with meat sauce
    • Wine Tasting

• white_smallstar's Profile Photo

La torre di gnicche: Traditional Tuscan food

by white_smallstar Written Jul 20, 2012

Some addresses where to eat traditional Tuscan food and to taste good wines:
    In the city centre, in the square of "Life Is Beautiful" there is La torre di gnicche (http://www.latorredignicche.it/)

and again:
    Csa Volpi (http://www.casavolpi.it/eng/ristorante_eng.asp)

I was there lots of years ago and both of them where good at that time.

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Miva Restaurant: Calzonni, you may want to miss

by Martin_S. Updated Jul 25, 2011

We found the Miva Restaurant just outside the old city gates and took a look inside. The interior looked inviting and we decided to have a late lunch (actually early dinner). WE had a variety of Italian dishes, Ziv and I went for the Calzonni. Now I must admit that we cannot for sure connect the Calzonni to what happened to us, but we did enjoy the meal and the staff was very nice. BUT, after about an hour, both Ziv and I got very violently sick and we had to stop the car so both of us could empty our stomachs.....sorry that sounds so gruesome. I have never in my life had a weak or queasy stomach, but this time, WOW.
    We did not eat anything or drink anything, except bottled water, after the restaurant, and had only coffee several hours earlier, so you reach your own conclusion.....

Favorite Dish: Calzonni for only 6 Euro.

Us outside the Miva Restaurant, Arezzo, Italy Calzonni at the Miva Restaurant, Arezzo, Italy Us at table in Miva Restaurant, Arezzo, Italy Our photographer at Miva Restaurant, Arezzo, Italy

• Martin_S.'s Profile Photo

Rhonda's: Rhonda's, don't upset her....

by Martin_S. Written Jul 21, 2011

We arrived at the park located at the highest point in Arezzo. The park is adjacent to the castle there and also has a number of statues scattered around, a nice shady hill in the middle of stone and masonary of a medieval town. Also there we found Rhonda's, a sort of coffee house cum ice-cream parlor, a type of large kiosk. You could get everything from cigarettes to coffee, to bubble gum and potato chips here, so we decided to sit down, have some cofffee and ice-cream and enjoy the breeze the height of the park afforded us....what we did NOT count on was the nasty woman running this place. WOW, when ordering we asked for coffee and she responded "And WHAT ELSE?" in a tone of voice that suggested she was too busy to serve us. Later when we got the coffee, we requested some sugar and she literally THREW the sugar packets on the counter....After the coffee, sadly to say several of us had to use the bathroom and I was chosen to go beard the lioness in her den...after I asked for the key got a two minute LECTURE on HOW TO USE THE BATHROOM. After we finished and returned the key, she asked "Did you lock it?" and I answered in the afirmitive, I sat down again with our group outside and just as I did she sent her daughter out to check to see if I had locked the bathroom door...what is this did she think ALL foreigners were liars???

Zohara,Tal,Ziv,Nissiem,Itzik at Rhonda's, Arezzo Strtue in park, Arezzo, Italy

• Miseria e Nobiltà: Miseria e Nobilta' the must cool location on town

by carrarino Written May 7, 2008

Was one of the great location on Arezzo.Situated on the historical centre near "Piazza Grande" , offer a 500 kind of different wine and a great meal with a cheapest price .The Wine bar was very good for aperitive and after dinner where you can listen live music every sunday night and moore

Favorite Dish: Tagliata di Chianina

Miseria e Nobilt��
    • Work Abroad
    • Wine Tasting

• Small_World's Profile Photo

La Lancia d'Oro: Fine Dining in Italy

by Small_World Written Jan 28, 2008

Beautiful setting, amazing service, absolutely delicious experience.

Favorite Dish: The duck was awesome, and the appetizer tray of meat selections was mouth watering. I could have eaten gallons of some kind of olive pate'.

La Lancia d'Oro

• L'Antico Borgo: Our favorite in the Arezzo area

by buttondeb Written Sep 20, 2006

Small charming restaurant in a building housing an old olive oil press, in a beautiful small hill town overlooking the chianti valley. Excellent wine list and delicious food.

Favorite Dish: Homemade pumpkin ravioli and homemade pasta with duck sauce

• EllenH's Profile Photo

Il Cantuccio di Bianchi Gabriella: Very good pasta

by EllenH Updated Nov 26, 2004

This little restaurant was down the stairs in a basement, very nicely decorated, very busy, and friendly staff. It was special for us because we had just met other vter's and were having lunch together.

Favorite Dish: There were 5 of us, we had 4 pastas and a soup and dessert and wine. I had Tagliatelle w/ Cinghiale (thank you Natalie for explaining to me it was a sauce made wild boar) It was delicious. For dessert we had pigliamasu, which was very much like tiramasu and very nice.

• Trains

• EllenH's Profile Photo

La Buca ai Portici: nice casual pizzeria

by EllenH Written Nov 20, 2004

We had had a big and awsome lunch so we just wanted to go out for some light dinner. This pizzeria was just around the corner from our hotel cecco and the three of us went to give it a try. It was very nice.

Favorite Dish: We had macheroni al ragu, pizza, and zuppa del cippola......yum Italian onion soup. plus some red wine for 35 euros

Instant Answers: Arezzo

Comments

Arezzo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Arezzo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Arezzo sightseeing.