Castellina in Chianti Shopping

Fabulous wine shop
    by sue_stone
    This sign means good quality wines
    by sue_stone
    overload! color overload
    by skywalkerbeth

Most Recent Shopping in Castellina in Chianti

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Products from knotted fagots: Souvenirs from Castellina

by croisbeauty Updated Jun 27, 2012

products from knitted fagots

There is a small postcards shop on the main square of Castellina, right opposite to the castle. It is also a souvenir shops offering local craftworks. Most souvenirs are made of knitted fagots and looking attractive. There are baskets of different sizes, boxes and other things which I dodn't know what are serving for.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

dried fruits: Open air market day

by croisbeauty Updated Jun 27, 2012

dried fruit

I was lucky to visiting Castellina during open air market day. It was really a great experience learning from the locals that all the fruit can be dried.

What to buy: I bought dried prunes, figs, apricots, hazelnuts and some other fruit never asking what it is but was delicious. Can't remember the single prices but it wasn't expensive at all. Don't miss to buy it if visiting Castellina.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Chianti Classico: Buy some of the local wine

by sue_stone Written Nov 3, 2006

Fabulous wine shop

Castellina is located in the heart of the Chianti region of Tuscany and the town is surrounded by luscious vines which were covered in plump wine grapes when we visited.

Castellina is only a small town, but it is filled with shops selling the local plonk....and as we are big fans of the wines produced in region, we took some time to browse in a couple of the shops....wishing we had bought bigger suitcases with us.

What to buy: We spent quite a bit of time in one of the larger shops, which had a very impressive selection of Tuscan wines - with some very old (and expensive!) bottles for sale. The shop also sold locally produced olive oils, nuts and other tasty treats.

In the end all we bought was a little Chianti Classico magnet, a lovely souvenir from our visit to Castellina.

• Wine Tasting

• skywalkerbeth's Profile Photo

PEP Bizzarrie: I'm a sucker for ceramics (in Castellina)

by skywalkerbeth Written Jun 5, 2006

I say to thee, WOW!

I am a color junkie - cannot get enough of it. I was immediately drawn into the store by the display outside (see photo). I ended up spending nearly 400 bucks on ceramics - dinnerware and a pitcher. I had it shipped. I can't wait to see it!

What to buy: I'd go for the ceramics

What to pay: a lot.

Instant Answers: Castellina in Chianti

Comments

Castellina in Chianti Shopping

Reviews and photos of Castellina in Chianti shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Castellina in Chianti sightseeing.

View all Castellina in Chianti hotels