Astor Cafe, Florence

20 piazza duomo

Know about this? Rate It!

• Astor caffé ( bar ): Fun place to start your night off

by JessD12 Written Apr 17, 2012

Astor is a great place to go at night because it has a good mix of Americans and Italians. Also, there's almost always a really cheap drink deal till at least 12, and they make great drinks! The DJs are usually playing great music too. We go a lot because it's right next to the Duomo and really easy to get to. Their burgers and coffee during the day are good too, especially if you are craving some good American food for cheap.

Dress Code: No dress code but you're in Florence so look good!

• Singles
    • Study Abroad

• Astor caffé ( bar ): Hottest Bar in Florence!

by robynbarton Written Oct 17, 2011

Astor Cafe is the hootest bar in Florence! I saw it on Jersey Shore, so I had to check it out! Amazing DJs, great drink specials, they even have free wi-fi in their restaurant during the day. I love to go there and chill while I study during the afternoon, then head back there at night! HOTTEST BARTENDERS IN THE CITY!!!!

Dress Code: NONE

• Astor caffé ( bar ): my favorite bar in florence

by imapike1929 Written Aug 22, 2011

This place has great music and great drink deals. Tuesday two for one drinks and Thursday 3 drinks for 10 euros. Each night the promoters there had a fun club to take us to after the party @ Astor. On the weekend they had live music as well and football on sunday nights. This Bar is a must for everyone who comes to florence. It has everything you need good music, live music, sports and good drink deals. It gets packed early so its always good to show up early like 10: 30 or 11 and enjoy a drink before the bar is full.

Dress Code: no dress code.

• Astor caffé ( bar ): La Dolce Vita

by cheergirl2525 Written Aug 1, 2011

I looveeeee astor!! I studied in Florence this summer 2011 and me and my friends literally hit it up every night. There is ALWAYS the best music because they have a bunch of djs who actually know what they're doing. It has such a great atmosphere, especially for students studying, because they have the best mix of locals, americans, and fun students that are in florence for the same thing as us!... to have fun and party and of course meet fun people :) but literally if you want to have a good night and go to somewhere that's always consistent, packed, fun, and has good drink specials goooo here!

• Astor caffé ( bar ): Diskotecca

by italia12345678 Written Jun 14, 2011

i do not recommend this bar. They do not offer drink specials that are going to please both guys and girls. The bar tenders are extremely rude. They are not professional when it comes to making drinks for people. Make sure that if you go, that you're extremely clear on what you order. They try to scam you to make you pay for more expensive drinks.

Dress Code: casual

• Study Abroad

• Astor caffé ( bar ): great bar!!

by Ladolcevita547 Written Jul 28, 2010

I lived in Florence this summer 2010 and started most of my nights at Astor! Everyone is there - locals, tourists, students...The music was good and there are videos playing on the walls everywhere you look which gave the place a really fun vibe. While i was there they did a 2 for 1 drink special every week which packed the place up and was great for us college students :) It's right by the Duomo so it was nice to walk to clubs after we had some drinks. Check it out and get to know the bartenders and staff - my friends and I had so much fun with them!

Dress Code: casual

• Music
    • Study Abroad

• Astor caffé ( bar ): great bar!

by Ladolcevita547 Updated Jul 28, 2010

I lived in Florence this summer 2010 and started most of my nights at Astor! Everyone is there - locals, tourists, students...The music was good and there are videos playing on the walls everywhere you look which gave the place a really fun vibe. While i was there they did a 2 for 1 drink special every week which packed the place up and was great for us college students :) It's right by the Duomo so it was nice to walk to clubs after we had some drinks. Check it out and get to know the bartenders and staff - my friends and I loved them!

Dress Code: Casual

• Music

• Astor caffé ( bar ): Be careful in Florence!

by Dianne91118 Written Nov 27, 2007

Please be careful with your drinks in Florence. I am a young female student who was travelling in Europe in summer 2007. My friend and I went to Bar Astor near the Duomo and our drinks were spiked by two of the bar staff. There seems to be a widespread problem in Florence in particular - never leave your drinks unattended, dont accept any free drinks, and go to the bar for drinks where you can watch them being poured, rather than having them brought to your table.

Instant Answers: Florence