Shot Cafe, Florence

Via De' Pucci, 5/A +39 05 5282093

Know about this? Rate It!

• Henrik_rrb's Profile Photo

Shot café: Dangerous happy hour-place

by Henrik_rrb Written Dec 13, 2006

This is one of the best places I've ever been to! Was a while ago now, but according to my sources the happy hour-prices are still the same.
    It starts at 5pm, when all beers, drinks and everything else costs 1 euro. No less, no more. That's the price they have for the next hour.
    After 6am the prices goes up to 2 euro for everything. After 7am it's 3 euro, and after 8am I would guess the prices stays fixed at 4 euro.

But then again, after having those prices for the whole afternoon not many persons will manage to continue at that time...

My best/worst time there was back in 2003, when me and my friends just stopped by to say "ciao" on our way to the train, that would take us back to Milan.

Had a beer just for fun with our friends. And then a drink.
    And then another drink.

Then I needed to go to the toilet, but ended up in the box-room, where all the cleaning stuff were... Not easy to see the difference on two doors, after drinking that much...

In the end, shortly before 6.30 we were just about to have to run for the train, when Ola, my dear friend, said that I really had to try a "Runis", a famous drink that had gotten it's name from a swedish footballer (now in Fulham by the way) since it was his favourite drink at that bar.

Sure, couldn't jump on that opportunity... Drank it within 15 seconds, and then tried to run to the station. Somehow we managed to get there in time, and then slept very well for the whole trip back home...

The Shot Café is a bar, no more, no less. Not very fancy, not very cool. But still with some class.
    And, most important, with both great prices, and great drinks!

If I have understand the whole thing right the bartender now is a guy called Gerrardo, who lived in Sweden (Norrköping) for a whole year.
    Not sure if it's even possible, but apparently swedes gets even lower prices on the drinks during happy hour because of this!? :)

Remember, I warned you... Don't blame me when you wake up with a bad hungover the next day...

Dress Code: Yep, sure... Every place that sells drinks for 1 euro also demands both a smoking and a tie at the entrance... ;)

The place have a very international feeling, and you'll definately meet a lot of people who aren't italian there. During happy hour there is also a very nice buffet to eat from.

• Beer Tasting