Borgo Antico, Florence

by rexvaughan

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Trattoria Borgio Antico: Good food, nice ambience

by rexvaughan Written Sep 12, 2014

This is a very nice little trattoria on the Piazza Santo Spirito. We had eaten a big lunch, so just stopped for a salad, dessert and coffee, all of which was very good. We were right behind the Church of Santo Spirito and I realized that that church, in Michelangelo’s time, was also the hospital. It is where he finagled his way into the mortuary and did his dissection studies. I know it is strange, but it gave me a sense of history just to be in proximity to it. It was also just around the corner from the English church where we caught an operatic concert after eating.

• borgo antico: great linguini

by manderleygirl Written Sep 17, 2007

I only ate there once, but we were a large group, we ordered different things and they all looked delicious...Even so, I have to make a special reference to the wonderful linguini with fruti del mari (quite enough for two persons). A bit pricey, but i liked it.

• alemir82's Profile Photo

Borgo Antico: Popular trattoria

by alemir82 Written Feb 18, 2006

This is a popular and lively trattoria, which has quiet tables outside on a terrace in summer. They serve a range of pizzas; a daily set-price menu; and a selection of Tuscan dishes. The servings are generous and the prices are reasonable.

Instant Answers: Florence