Leather, Florence

Know about this? Rate It!

by croisbeauty
    by croisbeauty
  • Leather
    by annetor_4
  • Raffaello Leather ( Samuel Etafa): Leather Coat Rip Off

by RichoIluka Written Jul 10, 2014

Ordered a womens high quality antilope reversible coat in August 2010 ( correct 2010!) and paid 1200 Euro in advance. Measurements were taken from my wife and colour selected and a coat arrived albeit late in October 2010.
    The received item was the wrong colour, wrong size( even too large for my100+ Kg frame) and very poor quality likely ex China. Despite numerous emails and phone calls nearly 4 years later we have never received the coat we ordered and paid for. We also complained to the local authorities who instructed Mr Etafa to replace the coat and he has ignored them.
    All the correspondence and details will be posted on the web soon to highlight how easy it is to get ripped off and lack of respect making us vulnerable tourists and a warning to others.
    My wife and I will never visit Florence again instead buying from reputable merchants elsewhere.

What to buy: Give Florence the miss as there a rogue merchants ( eg Samuel Etafa) and you have no consumer protection from the Italian Government Authorities. Great place for tourist activities but buy you goods elsewhere.

What to pay: We spend 1200 Euro and were ripped off

• Michelangelo leather: quality products at Michelangelo leather

by steph42691 Updated Jun 20, 2014

Michelangelo's products are great quality. Everything made is Italy, including the buckles and zippers which makes the quality better. He guarantees everything! Michelangelo will make you laugh while in the shop, not pushy at all!

While at the shop, Michelangelo informed me about someone using his name to sell more products. It made me upset, so I am posting to warn people against buying "his" products online, they are not his. Unfortunately people use his name online and try to make money off of his quality products. He only sells in Florence, not online. He is not in business with anyone online. I felt terrible when Michelangelo told me about these people using his name online.

On a positive note, stop by his shop you will not be disappointed. You can touch the leather and feel the difference!

What to buy: Jackets, purses, briefcases

What to pay: Depends on the product, really ranges. He gives discounts. I told him what my budget was and he worked with me.

• Michelangelo Florentine Leather: Best leather shop in Florence, tuscany

by jorn.sarens Written Feb 17, 2014

Behind the cash desk of this wonderful local leather shop, you can find Michelangelo, the owner of the store.
    He's one of the most lovable and charming persons I met in my life. The moment you start a conversation with him, you just can't denie his charm. He really makes your day with his eternal smile and politeness. He's one of the few people in Florence who speaks enough English to have a decent conversation with, because he lived in New York for a while. This makes your visit only better. He designs all his products himself and they are handmade by his very skilled local employees. Even if you're not looking for anything specific, it's definitly worthwhile to pay this unique shop a visit. Michelangelo will make sure you'll get the right product for the right price. It is really one of the best leather shops in Tuscany. Unfortunatly his good name is being used by a online-shop called "tuscanyleather.it". They use Michelangelo's good name and fame to sell more of their products. Michelangelo stands chanceless against these crooks as the police won't help him and he's not capable of taking these hackers down himself. So that's why he relies on his clients, whom he all sees as his friends, to help him about by spreading the word.

But I digress, the point is that Michelangelo's shop is definitly worth visiting. Even if it's just to have a conversation with the man himself. He just really makes your day.

What to buy: What not to buy?

What to pay: Michelangelo will see to it, that you get what you pay for. He's really not in to it for the money, it's his passion and he just enjoys designing and making his clients happy.

• LeslieW5's Profile Photo

Leather: Maren Erickson, great personal shopper

by LeslieW5 Written Jul 29, 2013

Mother and I went for a personal shopping experience with Maren Erickson and it was fantastic. Would definitely recommend that if you are planning on shopping for goods in Florence you asked Maren for help. She was friendly, very knowledgeable and helped us both to find the perfect leather jackets! Her dog Chia is adorable too, and such a fun addition to our excursion!

• Leather: Call all men shopping with their wives in Florence

by harry.koller Written May 31, 2013

Maren Erickson provides an excellent personal shopping service in Florence. She will look after your wife's shopping needs and make your visit to Florence a real pleasure. The time you save with Maren can then be spent seeing the sites rather than spending hours wandering from shop to shop.

• Michelangelo Florentine Leather: GREAT LEATHER SHOP

by stephanie85 Updated May 17, 2013

At michelangelo`s florentine leather store I bought a very special designed bag and soft leather jacket.
    It`s very light, newest fashion design and different from what I saw.

It was very helpful to read the great advices at virtual tourist and I`m very happy that I looked for that special store in the small street Via Giovan Battista Zannoni 9-11-Red. I walked in Via Nazionale until i found the Via Faenza then on the left hand side is Via Giovan Battista Zannoni 9-11-Red.

This is the most wonderful shopping experience i have ever had. Michelangelo has a heart of gold!
    Thank you so much Mr. Michelangelo!

What to buy: newest design women`s bags, travel bags, wallets, soft leather jackets for children, women and men

What to pay: best you talk to seller michelangelo who is the owner

• Museum Visits

• Leather: Shop for leather with Maren & Chia

by shanpeng Written Apr 29, 2013

It was our anniversary trip and we had a great time shopping for leather with Maren & Chia. Maren took us to the right shops so we saved a lot of time from looking around. I bought a pile of beautiful things for my partner that could last for a long time - mostly leather jackets & handmade shoes. He is not exactly a fervent shopper, so he was very pleased with the efficiency of the operation. And Chia the dog is undoubtedly the most delightful and patient guide ever!

What to buy: leather

• Leather: Fantastic Personal Shopper in Florence!

by lsweetnam Written Feb 10, 2013

Finally getting to writing a review for one of our best experiences in Italy!

Maren & her personal assistant Chia (a wonderful little dog) met us in Florence. We were in port for the day on a cruise and although, due to transportation problems, were were running late, Maren made sure we saw everything, and shopped for everything on our list!

If you are shopping for leather goods, beautiful silk scarves or gold, Maren will take you to the exact right spot. She saved us so much time wandering the streets of Florence, trying to figure out what was good or not. The shops she brought us to were top notch, always greeted by the owners who were familiar with them and greeted us warmly. These were authentic Italian shops, not the big box stores that you get on typical tours. Well worth the small investment!

Both my mother and I purchased beautiful leather coat and silk scarves, that are now the envy of many friends:) Thanks so much Maren, truly hope I can make it back again ~ I definitely refer you to anyone heading over to Florence!

What to buy: Leather jackets, boots and shoes are a great find in Florence.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Mercato San Lorenzo: Leather and flea market at Mercato San Lorenzo

by croisbeauty Updated Nov 18, 2012

Mercato San Lorenzo

Besides art and culture, Florence is one of the leading leather manufacturer in whole of Italy. There excist very long tradition of manufacturing leather shoes, bags, belts or garments here in Florence where skillfull craftmen preparing leather to be softer and lighter then on other Italian markets. Vero cuoio di Firenze is their trade-mark.
    Mercato is open every day, sunday including, from 9 to 19 hours.

What to buy: I'd suggest belts or leather jackets, which aren't of lower quality then those at Mercatino del Porcellino but cost less money.

What to pay: Be ready to play the game with the sellers because they know their job very well. Burgain is a must and the final price depend on how much one was persistent and skillfull in targeting the prices.

• Michelangelo Florentine Leather: Great Leather Shop

by msmelis80 Written Nov 12, 2012

Michelangelo's shop is a wonderful gem amidst a sea of mediocre quality work and blatant tourist rip-offs. Michelangelo is a wonderful and warm person and proudly shows a range of products. Be sure to leave yourself the time to just talk with him regardless of your purchase interests. His shop is not high-end boutique leather, though he has nicer coats--this is good quality, well made and thought-out everyday leather items with that nice leather class at a good price.

What to buy: Florence is obviously a leather capital, although it's very hard to find leather pressing and engraving work. Michelangelo's shop has a great range of everyday leather products.

What to pay: Michelangelo has a wide range of products, with a corresponding price range. Even someone on a tight budget could find a fair deal for a smaller well-made wallet or hand bag.

• Luxury Travel

• Peruzzi Leather: leather

by kellyjuice Updated Sep 13, 2012

They demostraight what they do to leather and what processors they use and all products are made in Italy. I did Was doing a tour and was taken here they have great leather jackets bags shoes gloves etc

What to buy: great pair of gloves " beautiful " and a medium size carry bag both products excellent quality would recommend Peruzzi Leather.

What to pay: They are not the cheapest but gloves start at as little as 30 Euros the ones I brought were latest style 80 Euros The Bag was 249 Euros but will have this for many years to come

• nakaikana's Profile Photo

LeatherFlorence - 50123 Firenze: Be Careful To By Leather In Florence

by nakaikana Updated Sep 4, 2012

I had travel in Italy on April. And I bought leather bag (300EURO) and canceled immediately at leather florence store in front by Duomo cathedral. I trusted the store because it was so large store. But the manager have cheated me. When i canceled, he gave me the reissue receipt instead of cancel receipt. I protest in a variety of ways. But He told a lie several times and he deal with thief now (He tell the card company that i take bag!!) . And I am having dispute in my country so far. I disappoint the italy travel and I have bad memories about florence shopping. I leave the information about the store. The store name is "LEATHER FLORENS". Be careful to buy something in florence!! especially foreigner tourist as me!!

What to buy: leather bag

What to pay: 300 euro

• Business Travel

• SABRINE12's Profile Photo

Michelangelo Florentine Leather: FLORENTINE LEATHER

by SABRINE12 Written Sep 2, 2012

ON THE WAY FROM THE TRAIN STATION TO Via NAZIONALE, WHICH IS BETWEEN THE TRAIN STATION AND MEDICI CHAPEL WE FOUND MICHELANGELO`S FLORENTINE LEATHER STORE! WE COULDN`T FIND THE STREET IN THE MAPP BUT IT WAS STILL EASY TO FIND THE SHOP.
    WHATEVER WE ROAD ABOUT MICHELANGELO`S LEATHER AT VIRTUAL TOURIST WE FOUND OUT IT WAS TRUE: WHEN I WENT THROUGH THE COMMENT BOOK PEOPLE LEFT POSITIVE NOTES ABOUT HIM THAT HE WAS NOT PUSHY, VERY POLIGHT AND A VERY SWEET MAN. WE CAN DEFINITELY AGREE WITH THOSE COMMENTS.

HE SPEAKS VERY GOOD ENGLISH WHAT MAKES IT EASY TO TALK TO HIM AND HE ALSO GAVE US A DISCOUNT. OUR ADVICE IS TO CHECK OUT HIS LEATHER COLLECTION BEFORE YOU GO ANYWHERE ELSE.

THANK YOU MR. MICHELANGELO!
    SABRINE AND CAROLINE

What to buy: WE ARE SO HAPPY ABOUT OUR BAGS, OUR JACKETS AND MEETING MR. MICHELANGELO IN PERSON WAS GREAT BECAUSE HE KNOWS WHAT WOMEN LIKE AND HOW TO TALK TO THEM. THE BAGS IN HIS SHOP HAVE GOOD QUALITY THAT IS NOT COMPARABLE WITH ANY OTHER BAGS. THE DESIGN OF HIS BAGS IS UNIQUE AND YOU CANNOT FIND IT ANYWHERE ELSE.

What to pay: FROM 79.00 UP

• Cruise

• gabrielle0's Profile Photo

Michelangelo Florentine Leather: shopping event

by gabrielle0 Updated Jul 18, 2012

The store is between the train station and the dome of florence near the market. Outside is written in big white letters MICHELANGELO FLORENTINE LEATHER. Little sweet jackets for kids hang infront of two open doors and inside there are the most beautiful bags of florence, very feminine, high quality leather, different colours and wonderful jackets for women and men. Michelangelo, the friendly owner, made a good price for me and all his costumers. i could read in a sign book that so many costumers from all over the world are very happy with their wonderful bags from Michelangelo`s florentine leather store. I am also very happy with my bags that i got from this shop!!!

What to buy: It worth it to visit Michelangelo`s leather sho before you shop from any other places because we saved money and time.
    We got much better quality compair to many other places for very good prices for very high quality leather bags.

What to pay: Prices start from euro 79.00 up for very high qualityleather bags. LOVELY BAGS, GREAT DEALS, HIGHLY RACOMENDED!

• School Holidays
    • Cruise

• Davide Cerasi Leather Factory - Boutique: Real! Florentine Leather Shop

by darrelbbe Written Jun 3, 2012
    Davide Cerasi

Davide Cerasi Leather boutique is a great store with an actual long line of roots and ties to the Florentine leather industry trade. Davide carries and makes products that are actually Made in Italy of good quality; this is what I believe Florence should be known for. I generally don’t take the time to write reviews, but being of Italian descent and growing up around my Italian ancestors here in the United States, I saw firsthand the pride in the skill and craftsmanship they took with their various trades and what made my Italian family members here proud of what their trade was. Before my arrival to Florence, I was under the impression that I would find many stores carrying quality “Made In Italy” products especially leather, instead I found stores that even if their products were "Made In Italy”, which the ticket displayed (but I highly doubt they were Made In Italy), were of poor quality, and on top of that even more expensive in price than I could find here in the United States. So you can imagine my delight when I came across Davide’s store, Davide Cerasi is doing is what I pictured most of the leather stores in Florence would be like. A store that has an owner’s presence, offering "Made in Italy" products of good quality. Davide took the time to explain to us that his products are somewhat more expensive because of the high standard of quality they uphold, but that he stands behind his products and customers come back to him and he relies on repeat business because of his good reputation, and that's what unfortunately has been lost in Florence as it has been flooded lately with people opening stores the last few years by owners who has absoulty no roots or know how in upholding the Florentine standard of making a quality product , which Florence is known for worldwide. I asked David if he is concerned about these stores affecting his business and he mentioned that slowly these stores eventually seem to go out of business , but that it surely doesnt help at all, and he is also mostly concerned as most of the Florentine leather industry that these stores eventually tarnish the Made In Italy name. At Davide Cerasi Leather Boutique, you will find, Davide, a kind and caring Italian designer who takes pride in his work and takes the time to keep his business small in a big sort of way by keeping the pride so many Florentines have had in their work for so many generations. So I highly recommend visiting Davide Cerasi Leather Boutique, in the sake of restoring the pride so many Florentines take in there long line of producing the world’s finest leather products.

• Luxury Travel