Know about this?
Water, water everywhere...
I don't have to tell you about the toilet situation in Floville.
First of all, in Italy ALL toilets are considered public, in the since that you really cannot enforce the bathroom for paying customers only. It is polite to buy at least a glass of water or something if your bathroom going is too obvious.
THere are good toilets in the COIN and RINASCENTE departments stores, not to mention the EDISON and MARTELLI booksotres - but please no more VIVA MEXICO and ANTI USA graffitti!
Be alert, almost all the toilets in all the big train stations are pay toilets and the fare for the one way ride is now 70 cents!!
There is also a public toilet inside the Mercato Centrale as well as in one of the side streets off of the Mercato San Lorenzo (follow the signs).
If You Need to Go, God Be With You
About the only public restrooms in the entirety of Florence are at the train station, and those are almost worse than no facilities at all. If you're staying in town, you're in luck. If you're out and about and suddenly develop the need, hope that public "johns" have been refitted, reinstalled or reopened. Many that I saw were closed due to their contracts not being renewed. My only hope was the train station.
Update: I've since been told (after this posting) that pubs are required by law to offer public restrooms. Thank you, utttz.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Florence Travel Guide
Explore the World
- San José Costa Rica
- Keqiao Hotels
- Olympic Hot Springs Hotels
- Canouan Hotels
- Kampung Sungai Pinang Kecil Hotels
- Bordeaux Warnings and Dangers
- San Bernardino Warnings and Dangers
- Pompeii Warnings and Dangers
- Tajikistan Warnings and Dangers
- Night Safety.
- Runaway Bay Warnings and Dangers
- Virgin Gorda Warnings and Dangers
- Bamberg Warnings and Dangers
- Sanibel Island Warnings and Dangers
- Fort Bragg Warnings and Dangers
- Gaborone Warnings and Dangers
- Punta de Mita Warnings and Dangers