Greve Restaurants

• The cat who would like to eat the canary!
    The cat who would like to eat the...
    by Beausoleil
    by croisbeauty
    by croisbeauty

Most Recent Restaurants in Greve

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Taverna del Guerrino: In Montefioralle but worth the walk

by Beausoleil Updated Aug 16, 2012

Montefioralle

For the first time in Italy, there were no other Americans in the restaurant with us. We had to walk through the town looking for the restaurant. It's a small town, very quaint and built entirely of stone. There were plenty of kitties on the streets but not many people. We finally found the restaurant by following local people who appeared to be congregating at one particular house. That was the restaurant! (When you get to it, it's well marked.)

We entered and were cheerfully seated. It was a cold, windy day and the cozy warm restaurant was lovely. No one spoke English but we all managed to communicate. I truly admire anyone who understands any of my Italian . . . 8^)

Favorite Dish: We ordered a shared mixed antipasto and a spaghetti with cinghiale (wild boar) sauce. It was fine but not outstanding. The dessert cake filled with chocolate ganache was dry and not particularly tasty. If it hadn't been so chilly, gelato would have been much better!

This wasn't the best restaurant we visited but it was so warm and welcoming and it was so Italian that we would easily return. I think if we had known better what to order, we would have had a better meal. My advice is to ask. We didn't and that was silly of us.

The walk through the town was worth anything. It is like stepping back in time. There may be tourists there some time, but there sure weren't any that day.

It you sat outside on the terrace, you would be looking over the entire Chianti Classico wine district. The view was to die for. If you're looking for a romantic dinner, this is the place!

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Bottega del Moro Ristorante: By the park on the river

by Beausoleil Updated Apr 3, 2012

Church on the Greve market square

Bottega del Moro restaurant or workshop of the Moor is a small family restaurant set at the end of a small park surrounded by apartments and with the Greve River running by it.

You won't see many tourists here as it's off the beaten tourist track. Our agriturismo manager told us about it. She is French and loved the place. The prices were very reasonable; the service was very friendly and the food was quite good.

It is beside the river, so if it's mosquito season, you have to deal with them. We were late in the year and avoided them. The alternative would be to eat inside. My VT photo was taken on the front terrace with the restaurant kitty.

Walk through the square to the church. Facing the church, turn left down a small street. You will come to a small park backed by apartments (quaint old apartments). The restaurant is on your left past a red phone booth. There is outdoor seating if you like.

Favorite Dish: The homemade pappardelle with hare sauce was spectacular as was the peccorino cheese and pears.

There is a restaurant kitty that I thoroughly enjoyed!

• Wine Tasting

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

La Castellana: Piccolino ma grande

by croisbeauty Updated Nov 20, 2011

La Castellana

There is small but beautiful restaurant in Montefioralle called "La Castellana", situated on the road which leads into the centre of the village. From perfectly positioned terrace of the restaurant, you can enjoy in the magnificent scenery of Montefioralle and its close surroundings.

Favorite Dish: 5Since I wasn't hungry yet, I only took juice and coffee here. The menu of the restaurants offers local food and Chianti wines for a reasonable prices. As I could seen it, the guests next to me, who ordered food, have enjoyed it alot.

• juzz's Profile Photo

Osteria mangiando mangiando: typical dish

by juzz Written Apr 30, 2007

It's a nice restaurant in the main square. Our guide book said it was the less expensive restaurant in the area.
    We had cold cut and cheese to begin and different kinds of pasta as main dishes. We drank a very good bottle of chianti wine. We also ended with cakes and coffee. We spent about 25 euro per person.
    Although I liked very much what I ate the serving wasn't very abundant. I still have the feeling that you should avoid restaurant in the main squares ;)

Favorite Dish: cold cut and wine

• ammonet's Profile Photo

La Cantina: Truly great pizza!

by ammonet Updated May 3, 2004

Piazza Matteotti, Greve

La Cantina, located about 50 m from Piazza Matteotti, has a great ambience and serves phenomenal pizza plus many other local dishes at very reasonable prices.

Favorite Dish: Any of the pizzas - they're loaded with fresh and delicious ingredients.

• Architecture

Instant Answers: Greve

Comments

Greve Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Greve restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Greve sightseeing.