Lucca What to Pack

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Map of Lucca

by HORSCHECK Written Oct 8, 2004

Free map of Lucca

Miscellaneous: Lucca has a few Tourist Information Offices in the Old Town. One can be found at the western end at the Piazza San Donato; another one is located in the east near the Porta Elisa. Just asks them for a free map of Lucca. It gives you a good overview of the Old Town, the main sights and lists addresses of accomodations, restaurants and other tourist stuff.

• Trains

• deecat's Profile Photo

Bring a Journal

by deecat Updated May 14, 2008

Tuscany Journal, including Lucca

Luggage and bags: Each time I traveled to Europe, I brought fewer clothes with me. I learned to co-ordinate better, to purchase wrinkle-free items, and to do more washing in the sink.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: I also learned to layer.

Because I could never be 100% sure about weather conditions, I would bring items that could be layered for warmth.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Bring all prescription medicines in their original containers (better for going through security) and better if you need a refill.

Photo Equipment: Needless to say, a digital camera is a must. I also have a charger for my batteries, which I use each night.

Miscellaneous: Remember to take your Journal with you to jot down pictures you have taken and what they are, names of restaurants and what you ate, shops and what you purchased, names of people you met, sites you visited, and anything else that you feel is important.

This is especially true for VT travelers. I do not know how I could have written my pages thoroughly without looking back into my journals.

Several VT friends have asked me how I remember such details; now the secret is out!

• Architecture

• sandravdp's Profile Photo

Packing List

by sandravdp Written Sep 7, 2002

Luggage and bags: Backpack or suitcase.

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Dress lightly in summer, but do bring some warm clothes too. In the evening it can cool off and once in a while there can fall a drop of rain.

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Suncream & sunglasses needed!

Photo Equipment: Film is available here.

Instant Answers: Lucca

Comments

Lucca What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Lucca what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lucca sightseeing.