Montepulciano Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Montepulciano

• Maladetti Leather Shop: Love that Leather!

by lapinjacque Written Dec 10, 2008

The shop had a great selection of the most delectable leather purses. We bought wallets, purses, briefcase and are thoroughly thrilled with the purchases. We first went through the town rather hurriedly, and came back to spend the entire day in town, leisurely shopping and strolling.

What to buy: Leather goods and Pecorini cheese

What to pay: We found quality leather products at a modest price, items ranged from $10 to several hundred dollars.

Creazioni d'Arte: Ceramics

by MovingMere Written Jan 10, 2008

One of the crafts the lovely Tuscany is known for is its ceramics, and this shop is full of beautiful pieces. The owner of this store was excited to hear that we were from the States, as he has clients all over the world including in our area.

What to buy: I got a cap for my olive oil and Mama got some Christmas ornaments. All of his pieces were beautiful, and I would love to eventually purchase something larger from his collection.

• Architecture

Pratesi: Italian leather boots

by MovingMere Written Jan 10, 2008

What to buy: Shoes shoes shoes!!!

OK, so there are tons of other great things here: jackets, gloves, purses... but the boots were the best part because this is where I finally found the pair I wanted. :) The girl working here was super nice and didn't mind that I tried on almost all of the shoes in my size.

The picture only shoes the top of the boots, but I'll get a better one soon.

Maledetti Toscani: The oldest shop in Montepulciano

by MovingMere Written Jan 10, 2008

I labeled this as a local craft store because making Italian leather products is indeed a craft. Maledetti Toscani sells boots, bags, shoes, gloves, journals, wallets, and other accessories. My mom bought a beautiful pair of red gloves and Kevin bought brown shoes, which they both love.

The guy working in the store was really friendly and personable and, once we told him where we were from, he told us about his honeymoon. He and his wife went to Williamsburg, Virgina, just a few hours away from our home. It made us all laugh because Williamsburg seemed like such an ordinary place - especially when compared to Tuscany!!

It was a really cool shop that I'm glad we stumbled into. Even if you can't go to Tuscany, you can order online - the website is worth checking out for more history on the shop.

What to pay: really ranges depending on the product - anywhere from 10 to a couple hundred euro

• Architecture

Instant Answers: Montepulciano

Comments

Montepulciano Shopping

Reviews and photos of Montepulciano shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Montepulciano sightseeing.

View all Montepulciano hotels