La Buca, Pisa

by vincenzo_gaziano
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

LA BUCA di Valenza Giovanna: PIZZA IN PISA

by travelgourmet Updated Feb 26, 2012

Vuole mangiare, mentre a Pisa? Hungry while walking around Pisa? Most people get this desire for food after walking the walk at the Leaning Tower of Pisa. 294 steps up and then down, burns off more calories than you care to, and with all the wonderful aromas of Italian kitchens in full fury of food preparation, a stop at a Trattoria, that is also a Pizzeria, is the place to regain that sudden loss of caloric intake. The restaurant "LA BUCA" has not let me down. With a view of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, I sit indulging in pizza. How appropriate. Pizza in Pisa.

Favorite Dish: The pizza was special. Ten years ago , my wife and I ate pizza at LA BUCA, sitting in the outdoor patio while gazing up in amazement at the Campanile, the Leaning Tower of Pisa. It was a sight to behold and a feeling to remember. The beautiful architecture of the white marble arches rising above the patio umbrellas while ingesting a delicious pizza was a memory not to be forgotten. Many well prepared dishes are available with the gnocchi (potato drop dumplings) melting in your mouth. The waitstaff were extremely friendly and helpful.

Well, we returned to LA BUCA, in September, 05, to relive that special moment my wife and I had ten years ago. The restaurant was closing for the afternoon to prepare for the dinner hours, which was going to be too late for us to enjoy due to travel times. We explained to the staff our reason for being upset at not being able to enjoy the memory of ten years ago. With that, the manager, chef, and server all smiled at us and led us to the table area we sat in all those years ago. A delicious pizza was brought to our table to relive that simple but most memorable moment, having pizza in Pisa.

To all the staff at La Buca, "Molto Grazie". If you choose to visit and enjoy the savory dishes of this wonderful Italian restaurant "La Buca", please give a big Ciao from "travelgourmet" of Virtual Tourist. Trust we can return again one day as the wind continues to whisper, "Ritorno a me".

PIZZA PERFECT THE VIEW TO DINE FOR
    • Architecture

• Flamegirl's Profile Photo

Pizzeria 'La Buca': very tasty pizza with a view...

by Flamegirl Written Feb 23, 2007

This restaurant is 100 metres from the leaning tower, so if you sit outside you can admire the view! The service was good, the food was tasty and reasonably priced. It isn't gourmet but this place delivers quite good value for money, I believe.

Favorite Dish: Pizza with mozarella di bufala

• Sarita76's Profile Photo

La Buca: A touristy spot

by Sarita76 Updated Apr 7, 2003

Even if I'm Italian and have been to Pisa several times, it may happen that I have lunch at touristy places like this one... I have to say it's not that bad!

Favorite Dish: I had a good starter with ham, salami etc and bruschetta and then a good RISOTTO ALLA PESCATORA.
    Prices are not too high and a view on the leaning tower is included!!!
    CLOSED ON FRIDAYS.

Pisa- La Buca

• CliffClaven's Profile Photo

Ristorante La Buca

by CliffClaven Written Aug 24, 2002

Despite its name, La Buca (hole or pit) is not an underground restaurant but has a rather pleasant terrace where you can sit and wonder whether the debris would reach you if the Tower collapsed. It adds a bit a spice to fairly average Italian fare. But the service is friendly and the food is cheap. If you fancy wine with your meal, it's perhaps better to avoid the house wine and go for some real wine in a bottle.

• vincenzo_gaziano's Profile Photo

LA BUCA: THE TOWER "EATING" WITH YOU !!

by vincenzo_gaziano Updated Jul 21, 2005

THIS RESTAURANT IS WELL LOCATED, YOU JUST HAVE THE TOWER IN FRONT OF YOU WHEN YOU ARE EATING !!!

Favorite Dish: EACH TIME I COME HERE I TAKE "GNOCCHI AL PESTO"

• Trains