Rignano Travel Guide

Rignano Hotels

Rignano Restaurants

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

by sue_stone Updated Apr 4, 2011

La Cantinetta di Rignana is a fabulous Tuscan restaurant nestled on a hill-side in the middle of no where. Having read about it before our trip, I was keen to try and find it and enjoy our last meal in Tuscany there.

By the time we arrived at La Cantinetta di Rignana we had really worked up an appetite and were very relieved that they had a table free (I recommend you book, especially if you are going for Sunday lunch as we did). Service was very friendly and efficient, and we felt very welcome even without our reservation.

The restaurant tables look out over the valley, with some tables in a kind of glassed-in conservatory, and some tables open-air (plus a few inside). When we dined the restaurant was filled with big family groups enjoying a relaxing Sunday meal together.

Favorite Dish: The food zipping by our table looked delicious and we couldn't wait to try it. To start, Alex had the Taglierini with truffles. I tried a bit and it was pretty special.

For main course we both had the Grilled Pork with potatoes. Also very tasty, though a little salty for me. We had a half bottle of the house wine which was very good.

It seemed a shame not to try their desserts - I had the Panna Cotta with chocolate sauce and Alex had the Tiramisu. Both were delicious and finished off the meal perfectly accompanied by an espresso. The bill came to 67 euro.

We really enjoyed our meal at La Cantinetta di Rignana. The food was great, but I think the setting is what made the experience so special.

Closed on Tuesday

Grilled Pork bits Taglierini with truffles dessert waiting for our meal La Cantinetta di Rignana
    • Wine Tasting

Rignano Transportation

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

by sue_stone Updated Nov 3, 2006

Italy has a reputation for crazy drivers, particularly in places like Rome and Naples. As we were not visiting any big cities we decided to brave driving in Italy, and I am pleased to say it all went without a hitch. Though, I must admit that driving in the teaming rain on the truck-infested autostrada wasn't my idea of fun....however being able to really get off the beaten track in Tuscany was so worth it, especially to places like Rignana!

As outlined in my introduction, getting to Rignana is a little difficult and you really need to have a car (or be with a tour group) to get there - it really is off the beaten path!

I guess you could walk or cycle there from Montefioralle, or even from Greve or Panzano if you were feeling energetic. You would certainly have worked up an appetite by the time you arrived….and then maybe you could hitch a ride back to town with one of the other diners after your meal.

Chianti scenes from the car

Instant Answers: Rignano

Comments

Rignano Travel Guide
Map of Rignano