Rosignano Solvay Travel Guide

• Sports & Outdoors
    by ludogatto

Rosignano Solvay Things to Do

• sunbathing and swimming

Rosignano is a seeside place, very crowded during week end and summer season, but is nice too during the spring....

• The biggest Square we have !!

As you maybe understood, Rosignano Solvay is a "young" town so it has not interesting historical sites to visit. With this picture I wanted to show our most important square "Piazza Risorgimento". At the centre of this square is situated a bronze statue representing a wild horse, symbolizing the love of own country from the period of italian's...

• The Monument

This is the bronze statue of the wild horse. The scene under the horse is dedicated to all people died during the wars (especially the"Great war" 1914-1918). The monument, realized by the sculptor Rolando Filidei (1914-1980), in this picture is not the original version made of wood.

Rosignano Solvay Restaurants

• PIZZA AND RESTAURANT

If you want to eat a good pizza and be not far from Rosignano or Castiglioncello, this is the right place. It stands at the beginning of the village of Rosignano Marittimo, 2 km far from Solvay. It has a large eating-hall and in front of it, a veranda where eating when is summer. This restaurant is ideal for families with children.

• Different taste!

This restaurant is very little, just a nice place where to spend a romantic evening. The service is fast and good, air conditiong of course.Closed on monday. This restaurant is not located in Rsignano Solvay but in Guardistallo, a village very close to Rosignano, easy to join. My favourite dish is Montezuma's Spaghetti but I dodn't remember...

• Fresh Fish

Located on the beach this restaurant is very nice especially in the summer months. The food is typical form the place where I live and of course the best dishes are made with fishes and seafruits. The service is good enough. The best dish is CACCIUCCO alla LIVORNESE, of course made with many different fishes, seafruits and bread. Deliciuos, don't...

Rosignano Solvay Nightlife

• A lillte nice pub

We have just one pub in Rosignano Solvay and I can say that is a nice one. We are use to go out for a walk and not for eating or drinking in a ub that is wy we only have the Irish pub. Most of the "trendy" locals are in Castiglioncello.

• Something cool

This pub-café is close to the beach and every saturday they have live music. It's not so big so it's better to arrive there before 11 p.m. Ialways have a cup of the when I go there, becuase they have the best the you can taste in this area. You can choose between 30 different king of the. But if you prefere chocolate, don't worry, they also have...

• Rosignano Solvay Hotels

0 Hotels in Rosignano Solvay

Rosignano Solvay Transportation

by Azhut Written Jul 26, 2003

To arrive in my little town you can choose the train form Livorno, Pisa and Firenze or to the opposite direction, from Roma or Grosseto.
    We have a new rail way station, in the center of the town and form there it's easy to join every touristic place.
    Below you can find the address of the tickets office:

Via

TEL +39 0586/761098

To plan every trip by train in Italy take a look of the Italian railway web site.

Rosignano Solvay Shopping

by Azhut Updated Apr 4, 2011

Little food shop where you can buy typical Tuscanian dishes and cheese from our country.

What to buy: I love its Lasagne and Spaghetti with Italian sauces, but they also cook deliciuos cakes like Tiramisù!

What to pay: Prices are a littlebit high but every product is genuine.

Rosignano Solvay Local Customs

• X-Mas Time!

A nice thing to make for X-Mas: a candy house , gnamm!!!! of course this is not a "Local costum" of my town but I thought it was a nice picture to add. We don't have any special tradition here in my hometown, but we have many "entertainment day" especially during the summer.

• Do you love dogs?

if you love dogs you have to go to the Dog's exhibition in Rosignano, every year in june.Here you can see a pic of Jack, a wonderful Malamute Husky.

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Rosignano Solvay? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Rosignano Solvay Warnings and Dangers

• A dangerous PARADISE

I wrote dangerous about this "white sands" (Spiagge bianche) becuase of the colour of the sand. it's colour is white and id you go there for the first time to get a tan, be careful, or you should leave the beach with a sunburn!!!!warning: An advice all those meaning to go to the white beaches might want to heed is that of being very careful of...

• It's very smart thing to have it!!

Maybe it's not esay to remember to take a cap with you when you go to the beach, but I can assure you that it's always good to have it, especially if you decide to spend a morning on the beach or to have lunch on it. The sun is very dangerous for your head between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.

• Time for sun!

Sometimes when I go to the beach I'm sure to be safe form the sunburn, but if you have a skin too white and tender, remember to buy a sun cream before going to the beach!

Rosignano Solvay Tourist Traps

by Azhut Updated Jul 26, 2003

You letf the town for a relaxing week end on the beach and when you arrive: SURPRISE! There is no place for parking your car! Despite they built up 2 new parking place 2 years ago, you could see many cars parked "on the road" and then surely another SURPRISE : a FINE!

Fun Alternatives: Try to arrive there in the morning or after 3 p.m. it's easier to find a place. The best solution to choose is to move around using a motorbike or a bycicle!

Rosignano Solvay What to Pack

by Azhut Written Jul 26, 2003

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Nice sea-shoes:-) made of bambu, they are a must this summer! If you want to be trendy buy them!

Rosignano Solvay Off The Beaten Path

• Don't miss to visit me!!

Especially on june, 16th my birthday:))) I always organize a party with my friends, we will have fun! ;-). In this pic you can see my bf and I during my birthday party at a good restaurant in Castiglioncello. Usually we eat a pizza but in this restaurant I always order fish fruits, you have to try..look at my Castiglioncello's page for details!

• PAREI

For this summer to buy and dress a Pareo is a must, so don't forget to choose yours between many fantastic colours. You can find your pareo in every open-market. In Rosignano we have a big open-market every monday morning.

• Stay on the beach...

Spiagge bianche when you are on holidays in a place where you can go to the beach, You can't miss to stay there during the sunset. It's a wonderful show:))

Rosignano Solvay Sports & Outdoors

• Surfing

Italy is not perfet fo rsurf but there are some spot not so bad!In Rosignano you can find good waves in certain periods, in sept or in the period when the wheater is not perfect, but the wind and the sea is good...the most of the day's in summer the sea is flat, but u can find perfect sunny day's with good waves...they aren't regular!It's the same...

• Windsurfing

After boys from here started to learn kite-surf, many of them left the wind surf but when is very windy you can see crazy youg men do spectacular stunt flying with their "toys".

• KITE SURF TO THE SPIAGGE BIANCHE

Three years ago i started to see all those strange things that kiters use to do kite-surf. Today on the Spiagge Bianche is normal to see people that choose to learn how to practise this sport. I don't like it, but if you wont to try it you have only to talk about it with a boy who is try to enter the sea and if you are lucky you should have him as...

Rosignano Solvay Favorites

• Springs time!

My home town during spring, isn't it nice to see? I took this picture during a walk in the "heart" of my quarter. As you can see, this is a residential area with lots of nice houses and villas (but unfortunately I live in a building !!!)

• Venus

The same beach with the boat "Venus". For two years this landscaped became a "must". Every tourist that visited Rosignano would take a picture of the Venus boat. The reason was that this boat was complitely runned a ground on the rocks!!! It was so strange to go out for a walking and to have at about 15 meters from you a boat like this!!

Have you been to Rosignano Solvay? Write about Rosignano Solvay to help travelers.

Instant Answers: Rosignano Solvay

Comments

Explore Deeper into Rosignano Solvay
Beaches