Volterra Favorites

rooftops of Volterra
  • Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Volterra

• katiadin's Profile Photo

Where park for free in Volterra

by katiadin Written Aug 29, 2012
    Volterra's landscape

Favorite thing: Hi,
    I live in Volterra and in Viale Vittorio Veneto there're few space for park the car (about 4/5 sides). The rest is all no parking area. At the end of the street there's a big car park with road of stone but is propriety of the chatolic seminary's build wich is in front of it. The unic big free car park in Volterra is in the area called "Fonti di Docciola".

• Museum Visits

Coming back to Volterra

by croisbeauty Written Oct 18, 2011

most charming tabaccheria of Voltera

Favorite thing: There are places we hardly can wait to leave, soonest possible, some other we do remember for a very long time knowing in our hearts that we will come back again. I do remember Volterra as a small and beautiful medieval town but most of all I do remember it for the tranquillity I felt there.

Fondest memory: I will come back to Volterra because of "salumi di cacciagione", "formaggi di pecorina", "tartufi di zona" and glass of "Brunello".
    I will come back to Volterra in order to snap sunrising and sunset pics of the town and its surroundings.

Streets of Volterra

by croisbeauty Updated Oct 18, 2011

the most beautiful sity street

Favorite thing: The main city street, Via Matteotti, is a very busy place and the same goes for several back-side streets if large enough to keep shops or cafe-bars. Volterra is, however, typical medieval structure and most of the side streets are narrow and pretty deserted. I almost got impression that many houses in some of narrow side streets arent inhabitated at all.

Volterra

by croisbeauty Written Oct 18, 2011

Volterra

Favorite thing: My general idea was to make a day trip to San Gimignano only, because Volterra seemed to be kind of off the road place. The local guy whom I met at the cafe-bar suggested me to visit Volterra too, I had other plans for the afternoon but then made decision to follow the suggestion.
    Volterra is in a short distance from San Gimignano but it took me hours to get there, I stopped several times while driving there enoying in beautiful Tyscanian landscapes.

Fondest memory: The town is situated on a top of an small hill surrounded with the beautiful but very unusual landscapes which locals call "le balze". Volterra is a typical Tyscanian town-monument place with well preserved medieval structure.

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Web & Wine

by sue_stone Written Oct 26, 2006

walking up the hill to Web & Wine

Favorite thing: The only internet place we could find in Volterra was also conveniently a wine bar!! Web & Wine is a welcoming bar/café located towards the top of the steep Via Porta all'Arco, which winds it's way up from the city gate of the same name.

You can relax on the little terrace with a glass of wine and some tasty snacks, or enjoy a coffee whilst checking your emails. The internet terminals are located at the back of the bar, on a little raised platform.

Fondest memory: We stopped in to catch up on news from home (ok, to check on VT!) and may have sampled a glass of wine while we were at it. Just like being at home!!

Via Porta all'Arco 11, Volterra
    0588 81531
    www.webandwine.com

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Volterra

Comments

Volterra Favorites

Reviews and photos of Volterra favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Volterra sightseeing.