Volterra What to Pack

Most Recent What to Pack in Volterra

Some like it hot

by Bunsch Updated Jun 2, 2011

Miscellaneous: Although things tend to cool off at night, if you're an American and used to air conditioning, you may find that it is well worth your while to bring a small battery-powered fan with you, or to purchase a slightly larger fan which has the appropriate plug for Italian current. I brought two of the former and we never did get around to buying the latter -- but we certainly would have been much more comfortable had we done so, and at minimal cost.

• Women's Travel

• Bunsch's Profile Photo

Laundry facilities are hard to find

by Bunsch Written Sep 22, 2010

Miscellaneous: Given the paucity of laundromats -- I never found one -- it is probably wise to bring along a small bottle of laundry detergent (though shampoo will do in a pinch), clothes pins and laundry line. You can wash out your "smalls" each night in the sink, and periodically launder larger items when you have access to a bathtub.

• Study Abroad

• Bunsch's Profile Photo

If you're used to wash cloths, bring them

by Bunsch Written Sep 10, 2010

Miscellaneous: Our villa in Volterra included bath towels and hand towels, but not what we Americans call "wash cloths" (a small towel used to wash one's face). Luckily, my friend had brought a supply which could be left behind in each city, and I brought Olay's excellent cleansing tissues because that's what I use back in Rhode Island. But if you're younger than we are and dislike using a corner of your bath towel to wash your face, you might think about packing something you wouldn't mind discarding after your visit.

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

• Bunsch's Profile Photo

No screens means insects visit

by Bunsch Written Aug 11, 2010

Miscellaneous: A word to the wise: many Italian windows are unscreened. This can come as a very unpleasant surprise in warm weather if you failed to pack insect repellent. Having done so, I did not investigate whether it was available in Italian pharmacies. Our rooms came equipped with fly strips and citronella candles, and that was insufficient.

Instant Answers: Volterra

Comments

Volterra What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Volterra what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Volterra sightseeing.