Volterra Restaurants

Gelateria Cioccolateria
    by TooTallFinn24
    Impressive Chocolate Designs
    by TooTallFinn24
  • The boar's head doesn't invite you to THIS place!
    The boar's head doesn't invite you to...
    by Bunsch

Best Rated Restaurants in Volterra

• TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo

Gelateria Cioccolateria: Impressive Chocolate Designs & Ok Gelato

by TooTallFinn24 Updated Jun 21, 2013
    Gelateria Cioccolateria

The items from this store's window were so impressively well done I had to go inside. What I found in the store however was a business that was almost equally divided between selling gelato and selling chocolate. There were a little over 20 items of gelato to choose from. However the items of chocolate were far more elaborate. We chose to purchase gelato rather than chocolate. Many gingerbread type houses made out of chocolate, chocolate hearts, and even chocolate cars. Cookies were also sold in the store and adorned many of the chocolate creations.

The gelato was ok, nothing exceptional especially considering the last gelato we had was an amazing place along the Arno River in Pisa. I chose lemon and the flavor of the lemon was light and I wanted it to be stronger. The gelato appeared a little icy as if they had not kept it at the proper temperature. Overall I was satisfied for two cups that cost about 4 euros. Would I be back for the gelato? No but definitely to try the chocolate/

Favorite Dish: Nothing really special. The lemon gelato was o.k to good.

Instant Answers: Volterra

Comments

Volterra Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Volterra restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Volterra sightseeing.