Assisi Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Assisi

• basstbn's Profile Photo

Unknown: Unknown Pasticceria / Bar Café

by basstbn Written Feb 8, 2012

We noticed a tasty-looking pastry in several pasticcerias and bakeries as we walked about the streets of Assisi. It quite reminded us of strudel. We later learned it is Rocciata di Assisi, a local dessert said to date back to the days of the Umbrians. Key ingredients include raisins, apples, figs, almonds, and walnuts.

When we came across this stylish-looking pastry and coffee shop, we decided to give it a try. Delicious.

I tried to keep something from this pasticerria so I could recall the name and address, but that was lost somewhere along the line. If anybody is familiar with this place, I would welcome your input.

Favorite Dish: Rocciata de Assisi - good stuff

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Ristorante da Cecco: Small, warm, friendly . . . and good food.

by Beausoleil Updated Dec 20, 2010

Ristorante da Cecco

Well, I listed this as "local" but it is local in Italy so it is also an Italian restaurant, and a very good one. We stayed at the Hotel Berti and the da Cecco is their restaurant although a few steps up the street from the hotel.

It is small and was very busy but the service was pleasant and the food excellent.

Favorite Dish: Ed got cannelloni, a stuffed rolled pasta, and I got porchetta with roasted potatoes. We split a bruschette pomodoro and all of it was excellent.

I recommend you order whatever is in season since that will be freshest.

• sylina's Profile Photo

Trattoria da Erminio: lovely ambience

by sylina Written Oct 22, 2009

Umbria through my glass

The restaurant tucks in a lovely little lane surrounded by beautiful medieval houses... Had to wait for a little while for the outer table, but that gives me time to admire the nice ambience better.. btw, the interior of Erminio looks pretty charming too..

We had some traditional Umbrian pasta & grilled mixed plate.. simply gorgeous.. :)

All in all, it was a good taste of Assisi for me..

Favorite Dish: Traditional Umbrian pasta...

• Trattoria degli Umbri: The place to eat!!

by bodeman Updated Jun 16, 2009

If you stand in the middle of the Piazza del Commune and look at the fountain, on the street left of the fountain you will find the Trattoria degli Umbri.
    Roberta and Andrea are the owners. Aks Roberta what to eat and she will take time to explain to you in Italian, English or German the menu. You will be served the best Italian food for a reasonable price.
    The trattoria has a cosy admosphere and Roberta and Andrea make you feel at home.
    In case you feel like having a dessert after lunch, ask for the Tartufo. While eating it you can almost here Angels sing, that's how heavenly it tastes, like all the other desserts.

• cinthya_in_victoria's Profile Photo

Pizza restaurant: not enough time to eat??

by cinthya_in_victoria Written Jan 2, 2009

I didn't have the time to sit down in a restaurant to eat so, a good choice was eatting pizza. Unfortunatelly I don't remember the name of the local but you'll find it when coming all the way down from the Basilica to town until you reach the intersection in the picture; the local is the one with those two guys who are next to me. Prices were ok and they had variety of flavors.

Favorite Dish: veggie pizza

• fairy_dust's Profile Photo

Gelato

by fairy_dust Updated Jul 2, 2007

Favorite Dish: Like in every Italian town, there are lots of ice cream places in Assisi. So if the weather is hot and you want a cold ice cream or slushie, chances are there's a little ice cream place or vendor stand right around the corner.

• icunme's Profile Photo

A table in a nook that felt like a grotto

by icunme Written Mar 10, 2006

The food was excellent - the wine delightful - our table was in a little stone nook that very much felt like dining in a grotto. People at neighboring tables exchanged comments with us and the atmosphere was very warm and friendly.

Favorite Dish: Zuchinni flowers are prepared to perfection - if you have never tried this in Italy it will be a wonderful discovery. The tips of the zuchini mature to flower and are sometimes stuffed with ricotta cheese.

• Religious Travel

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Cafe-bar: Just an ordinary cafe-bar

by croisbeauty Updated Nov 15, 2003

lovely kids watching toys

Around noon the heat was very intense so we decided to take a brake in a little cafe-bar on the Main Square. The idea was to have some cold drink and espresso. Entering inside the bar I saw the owner cuting fresh prosciutto, so we ordered "prosciutto crudo con melone" and it was delicious and very refreshing. Instead of unalchocolic drinks we ordered a bottle of fine local Pinot Grigio and all of it costs us less then 25 Euros.
    I just couldn't resist not to take the picture of this lovely Dutch kids, whos parents were sitting on the table next to our.

Favorite Dish: Prosciutto crudo con melone

• Sue08080's Profile Photo

restaurant at the Hotel Subasio: Meal with a view

by Sue08080 Written Jul 11, 2006

The delicious food took second place to the glorious view at the terrace restaurant of the Hotel Subasio. The food, wine and company in addition to the ambiance made for a delightful evening.

• Architecture
    • Religious Travel

Instant Answers: Assisi

Comments

Assisi Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Assisi restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Assisi sightseeing.