Panicale Travel Guide

Via dei Mandorli 25, Località Casalini, Panicale, Italy

Panicale Restaurants

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

by Beausoleil Updated Aug 1, 2011

I don't remember how we heard about Panicale but it was near our agriturismo so we decided to make a day of it. We were walking about the town visiting the churches and attempting to visit a couple other sites that were closed when we decided it was time for lunch. We walked back toward the center of town and discovered a sign for Ristorante Masolino; it was open and we were hungry so we went in. Excellent choice!

We entered Albergo Ristorante Masolino and were seated by a window looking over the valley. Gorgeous! There were views forever from the balcony. It was chilly enough we didn't sit outside, but the view from the terrace is spectacular; you can see Lago Trasimeno from there. It is a family-owned restaurant and run seemingly entirely by the family. It is warm, friendly and the food excellent.

Favorite Dish: My husband got roast pork with porcini mushrooms and I got the roast guinea fowl. This was served with a flatbread seasoned with rosemary, and when I told the waiter it was delicious, he brought some more. The man was a mind reader.

Not only was the setting and the food excellent, it was very reasonable and they had the cleanest restrooms we’ve seen in Italy. Great place!

Ristorante Masolino in Panicale Lago Trasimeno in the distance
    • Photography

Instant Answers: Panicale

Comments

Panicale Travel Guide
Map of Panicale