Panicale Travel Guide

Panicale Restaurants

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo
    Ristorante Masolino in Panicale 1 more image

by Beausoleil Updated Aug 1, 2011

I don't remember how we heard about Panicale but it was near our agriturismo so we decided to make a day of it. We were walking about the town visiting the churches and attempting to visit a couple other sites that were closed when we decided it was time for lunch. We walked back toward the center of town and discovered a sign for Ristorante Masolino; it was open and we were hungry so we went in. Excellent choice!

We entered Albergo Ristorante Masolino and were seated by a window looking over the valley. Gorgeous! There were views forever from the balcony. It was chilly enough we didn't sit outside, but the view from the terrace is spectacular; you can see Lago Trasimeno from there. It is a family-owned restaurant and run seemingly entirely by the family. It is warm, friendly and the food excellent.

Favorite Dish: My husband got roast pork with porcini mushrooms and I got the roast guinea fowl. This was served with a flatbread seasoned with rosemary, and when I told the waiter it was delicious, he brought some more. The man was a mind reader.

Not only was the setting and the food excellent, it was very reasonable and they had the cleanest restrooms we’ve seen in Italy. Great place!

• Photography

Instant Answers: Panicale

Comments

Panicale Travel Guide
Map of Panicale