Passignano sul Trasimeno Travel Guide

The pretty medievel town of Passignano
    Beautiful Medieval Convent
    Beautiful View of Lake Trasimeno

Passignano sul Trasimeno Things to Do

• pigletsmom's Profile Photo
    Country Scenery and the cutest dog in the world

by pigletsmom Updated Jan 30, 2004

Up at the top overlooking Passignano, is grassland area that is quite pastoral. But the main attraction is an adorable shepherd mix that greets you as you hike up for the view. He is actually supposed to be enclosed within a fenced area, but when I was there he managed to tunnel his way out, and skip around with viistors up the hill. He goes back through the hole when his master calls him in Italian. He is the dog that is kissing my ear in my VT photo. I was just with him an hour or so, but I still think about him. If you see him, give him a hug for me.

Beautiful View of Lake Trasimeno

by pigletsmom Updated Jan 29, 2004

Great workout, great views! Just keep on going up past the town, and you'll get to see some great scenery.

• Adventure Travel
    • Travel with Pets

• Passignano sul Trasimeno Hotels

14 Hotels in Passignano sul Trasimeno

33 Reviews and Opinions

Passignano sul Trasimeno Hotels

Passignano sul Trasimeno Restaurants

• pigletsmom's Profile Photo
    The havoc and destruction left behind

by pigletsmom Updated Jan 29, 2004

Sorry I don't remember the name, but when you get off the ferry onto the island, it's on your right, down the street. You can't miss it. It has white market umbrellas in front of a rennaissance stone building. I believe it's the only restaurant on the island.

Favorite Dish: Anything. I tasted all my friend' dishes, and they were all good. I had calimari, and we ordered seafood anitipastas. One friend ordered a seafood stew that was also good. They serve local seafood specialties. Really nice little outdoor cafe and the waiter was cute and helpful.

• Women's Travel

Passignano sul Trasimeno Shopping

Lots of Colorful Pottrey to choose from

by pigletsmom Updated Jan 30, 2004

There are several nice pottey shops in Passignano with surprisingly good prices and even better variety. I was too tired after my ferry ride and hike to do any shopping, but I wish I had. They sold these spattered little pottery jugs, not more than 3 inches high, lightly scented with perfume. Really cute souvenirs that made good gifts for friends back home. I think they were 1 euro each. I did buy a few of those.

Passignano sul Trasimeno Off The Beaten Path

Beautiful Medieval Convent

by pigletsmom Updated Jan 29, 2004

I visited the Isle Maggoire, which was about a 15 minute boat ride from Passignano. A quiant island that actually is not very commercialized. Very isolated with hardly any tourists. There is a very old deserted convent that is quite unusual. I believe it's been vacant for 40 years. The hike around the island offers nice scenery and fantastic views of the islands and Lake. Check out my restaurand tip for a place to eat on the island.

• Sailing and Boating
    • Beaches

Instant Answers: Passignano sul Trasimeno

Comments

Passignano sul Trasimeno Travel Guide
Map of Passignano sul Trasimeno