Piano Grande Travel Guide

• Things to Do
    by poortrekkers

Piano Grande Things to Do

• Castelluccio

The town of Casttelluccio is located right on the edged of the Piano Grande. It is actually more stunning from a distance than close up. They were doing a lot of construction when we were there, and the town was a bit worse for the wear.

• A beautiful hike

I found a great book at the library... "Walking and Eating though Umbria and Tuscany" (or something like that). This book recommended the Piano Grande region, and they were right on the money! Once we got up to the mountains, we just pulled over near a path and explored the countryside on foot (with a picnic of cheese, salami, bread and boxed...

• In the Monti Sibillini, east...

Driving to the Piano Grande you can see this magnificent landscape...This page is under construction. Until now I've only uploaded the pictures, but I hope to add more info to this tip as soon as possible.

• The Piano Grande

I took a side road to explore a bit more of this plateau. Don't forget to get out of the car and go for a hike, this place is really special.In the summer you can watch the hanggliders, there are lots of them. They take of somewhere in the mountains and all land in the middle of the plateau, it is a fun to look at.

• The Piano Grande

Driving to the Piano Grande you can see this magnificent landscape... This page is under construction. Until now I've only uploaded the pictures, but I hope to add more info to this tip as soon as possible.

• The Piano Grande

This is a photo of the beautiful Piano Grande.....This page is under construction. Until now I've only uploaded the pictures, but I hope to add more info to this tip as soon as possible.

• The Piano Grande

The Piano Grande is located on the border of Umbria and Marche close to the town of Norcia. The way to the Piano Grande from Norcia is also spectaculair. The road climbs from 500 to a height of 1500 meters still being able to see Norcia and the surrounding landscape. It is beautiful sight seeing everything getting smaller, with every mile you...

• Piano Grande

Whatever you do, don't forget to go to the Piano Grande! It is maybe not so well known, but it so breathtaking beautiful. The Piano Grande is a plateau, shaped like an amphitheater, whith the Sibillini mountains as a magnificent decor. The highest point is that of the Monte Vettore (2475m).

• Shephard and his sheep

Just looking at this photo makes me feel relaxed, it's so far away from the normal hustle and bustle of the every day life. I saw this shephard with his sheep on the Piano Grande.

Piano Grande Warnings and Dangers

• sim1's Profile Photo

by sim1 Updated Jun 11, 2003

Eeeks.... impossible to put up a tent!....

Piano Grande Off The Beaten Path

• The Piano Grande

The beautiful Piano Grande... This page is under construction. Until now I've only uploaded the pictures, but I hope to add more info to this tip as soon as possible.

• The Piano Grande

Another picture of an flower and an insect. The bee is quite heavy for the flower though, hahaha, and makes the flower bend so much it almost hit the ground :-)

Instant Answers: Piano Grande

Comments

Explore Deeper into Piano Grande
The Piano Grande