Todi Shopping

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

L'Idea Pasta di Canneori: Take out pasta - Umbrian style

by karenincalifornia Updated Feb 26, 2005

View of Umbrian Valley

The owners of the house we rented highly recommended L'Idea Pasta di Cannerori, a take out pasta shop just outside the city walls in Todi. We did, and were instantly in love. The pasta is fresh, and the shop carries many varieties. We would pick up the pasta in the afternoon and take it back to our house for an evening dinner at the table on the terrazzo overlooking this beautiful Umbrian valley.

What to buy: We had tartufo (pasta with black truffle sauce), pasta with marinara sauce, but my favorite was the cheese and truffle lasagne.

What to pay: Just a few Eurodollars. The pasta is not expensive.

• Hiking and Walking

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo

Shopping in Todi

by karenincalifornia Updated Feb 23, 2005

Shopping in Todi, Italy

Shopping is not my numero uno activity on any vacation, but I have to say the shopping in Todi was fun. Along the main streets in town are numerous fun little boutiques selling clothes, jewelry, kitchen items, beautiful linens, teas, pastries, olive oil, wines and shoes.

Todi thankfully is not inundated with those tacky souvenir shops and stands that are prevalent in larger cities such as Florence. The shops in Todi have some class.

What to buy: As far as fashion colors went, bright orange seemed to be the hot fashion color of summer of 2004 in Todi. I could have bought a pair of bright orange pants if I wanted. Of course, as soon as I would have gotten back to the US, I would have been mistaken for one of those chain gang guys picking up trash on the side of the freeways.

The item that was tough to find? Coffee beans for our coffee maker. Todi doesn't have a Starbucks, or anything like that. In fact the only place we could find coffee beans was at a supermarket, and even there, there was not much to choose from - one brand, and there were only a few bags.

Items that were fun to buy - Italian cookies - so many to choose from, and all so delicious! The yogurt, too, was incredibly delicious, and I had some of that rich Italian yogurt every morning for breakfast.

Instant Answers: Todi

Comments

Todi Shopping

Reviews and photos of Todi shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Todi sightseeing.