Trevi Travel Guide

Trevi Things to Do

• davidcross's Profile Photo
    Street fresco 4 more images

by davidcross Written Dec 1, 2007

Oddly, you cannot get a good close view of the cathedral - but there is much to compensate as the photos below will attest.

• Architecture

• davidcross's Profile Photo

by davidcross Written Dec 1, 2007

This is one of the world's oldest wall pump organs, well worth seeing and even more worth hearing. it has been completely renovated as far as the sound is concerned.

• Architecture
    • Music

• Trevi Hotels

9 Hotels in Trevi

48 Reviews and Opinions

Trevi Hotels

Trevi Restaurants

• pigletsmom's Profile Photo
    The shrimp are in there somewhere

by pigletsmom Updated Feb 25, 2005

One odd thing, when I ordered a shrimp cocktail, the shrimp came smothered in 1000 island dressing. I mean swimming in it. Have some shrimp with your 1000 island dressing. Anyway, I was hungry so I ate it, but it was not what I expected. The waiter explained to me that was how it was served in Trevi, and all of Umbria. I guess it's their version of a shrimp Louis salad, but it was just so wrong on so many levels.

Favorite Dish: I did order a nice chicken breaded cutlet that was delicous.

Trevi Favorites

• pigletsmom's Profile Photo
    Resembled this, but with Italian signage

by pigletsmom Updated Feb 25, 2005

Favorite thing: The mini mart just outside of town with a gas station has a deli and pastry shop. I would go in there and buy salami and cheese, and potato chips. (I make sandwiches with all 3, you should try it sometime)

Fondest memory: I became freinds with the two guys and one of the girlfriends that worked in the mini mart. I would make my potato chip sandwiches and talk to them in my broken Italian. They were really some of the sweetest people I've ever met. I mean genuinely nice. They were so curious about the states and California. They were interested in my Italian heritage. They did think the potato chip sandwiches were odd, but other than that, they were so sweet. Anyway, I was so impressed with their kindness and hospitality. They gave me a free pastry. My father once told me that the farther south you go in Italy the nicer the Italians, well being in Umbria it made me beleive it. These were the nicest Italians I had ever met. I wish I had taken photos of them.

Instant Answers: Trevi

Comments

Trevi Travel Guide
Map of Trevi