Urbania Restaurants

• Outside of Ristorante Pizzeria
    Outside of Ristorante Pizzeria "La...
  • Inside of Ristorante Pizzeria
    Inside of Ristorante Pizzeria "La...
    Area Speciality Pasta

Most Recent Restaurants in Urbania

• deecat's Profile Photo

Bar Centrale: Bar Cafes in Ancient Center

by deecat Updated Dec 3, 2006

Cafe Bar in Urbani

After perusing the markets and seeing the sights, it was time to go to one of the four bar/cafes located in the ancient center of Urbania. We were walking toward our parked car, and I saw the attractive bar/cafe that you see in the photograph.

We stopped to have our breakfast. You pay first and then give your order to the people behind the counter.

A young man waited on me, and I wanted freshly squeezed Orange Juice, a Cappuccino, and a roll.
    Well, I did get a delicious Cappuccino, a fresh and delicious roll, but the drink was just awful...it was some kind of alcoholic beverage! I took it back to get fresh Orange Juice. A young girl teased the boy and then fixed me a large and wonderful fresh Orange Juice.

Favorite Dish: Since I did not write down the name of the bar/cafe, I looked up on the map of Urbania and discovered Three in the general area:

Fortunately, Stefano99 read my pages and informed me that the name of the cafe is: Bar Centrale so the mystery for me is solved. Thanks!

• deecat's Profile Photo

Ristorante Pizzeria "La Loggia": Excellent Place to Eat in Urbania

by deecat Updated Nov 5, 2006

Outside of Ristorante Pizzeria

BE SURE TO SEE ALL THE HIDDEN PHOTOGRAPHS!

Allan and I really enjoy our delicious meal at Ristorante - Pizzeria "La Loggia" in Urbania. It was recommended by the girl at the Tourist Bureau, and we were glad that she told us about it!

Our total bill was 41 Euro and included the Bread and Breadsticks, Insalata Mista, Asparagi Parmigiena, Passatelli porcini, 4 formaggi Pizza, Costine d'agnello, One bottle of Acqua Natural, and Vino Rosso (1/4 lt.) and Vino Bianco (1/4 lt.).

Allan and I shared the local pasta (hand-made noodles with grated cheese, milk, egg, and the Portocino Cheese in a delicious sauce. But, we both felt that the noodles were way too thick!

Allan really enjoyed the Asparagus with cheese and butter, and I loved the Insalata Mista (mixed salad) that was so huge that Allan and I shared it.

I had the Quatro Cheese (4-cheeses: the usual cheeses plus blue cheese and what they call "soft cheese") Allan had a few pieces, and he, too, thought that it was delicious.

Favorite Dish: Allan also had Lamb Chops with Rosemary, and he raved about how good it was

At the end of the meal, they served us (for free) in iced glasses, a lemon cello sipping liquer That was the perfect ending to a perfect meal!

• stefano99's Profile Photo

Eat out in Urbania

by stefano99 Written Mar 17, 2004

El Pignatin

I ate at the main restaurants in Urbania and the food was always good.

The cafes do great panino's. The pizzas at La volpe are thin the way I prefer them. The pasta at El Pignatin is always tasty.

For more details on restaurants though, see Jeaniek13's Urbania tips page:

• Festivals

Enoteca - Vin Itali di Zeno: Wine Bar

by jeaniek13 Written May 20, 2003

You can taste wine in the comfort of your own hotel, restaurant or at this enoteca near the Duomo. It closes rather early, at 7:30 p.m., as you are to taste prior to going to dinner. Each taste is about 2 Euros. There is a lot of selection for this small town. If you take the bus to Urbino, there's even more selection! But you might not make the return bus back!

• Wine Tasting

• jeaniek13's Profile Photo

Bar Centrale: Every town has one of these!

by jeaniek13 Written May 20, 2003

Bar Centrale is where everybody hangs out. There is a pool table in the back room... and I am not sure if two brothers run the joint. Anyway, in Italy a "bar" is a different concept. It sells mostly a bit of everything: coffee, sandwiches, snacks, alcoholic drinks, chocolate, etc. People don't usually loiter. I think it is open till 1am or so. The staff is friendly.

Favorite Dish: Caffe or the mixed drinks.

• jeaniek13's Profile Photo

Caffe' Teatro: Nice outdoor patio to bask in the "sole"

by jeaniek13 Written May 19, 2003

Caffe' Teatro is a coffeeshop located next to the performing arts center/theater, which is in full-bloom during the summer opera session. There is an outdoor patio in the back and it has a gelateria. It has great desserts, sandwiches and coffee. The staff is friendly, as is in most of Urbania.

Favorite Dish: Caffe latte e un cornetto con ciocolatto (Nutella). Yummy. Or gelato, but the gelato in Urbino is actually better.

• Theater Travel

• jeaniek13's Profile Photo

Pizzeria La Volpe: You can eat 2 or 3 of these pizzas!

by jeaniek13 Written May 19, 2003

It's the thinnest pizza I have ever had--and I think it's quite good. Their menu is like a book, pages and pages long. All in Italian, of course!

Favorite Dish: Either the funghi or the primavera, because they are so fresh like everything in Italia! The price depends whether or not you have something to drink (vino or l'acqua) with it--because the pizza itself is quite cheap. And from what I recalled, they didn't charge a "coperto" (cover charge).

La Loggia: Great Pizza and Pasta

by jeaniek13 Written May 19, 2003

La Loggia is where you feel like the Italians go out to eat... there and Il Buon Gustaio. Because it's not too expensive. It has a lot of pizza selection, there is a pizzeria in town, which has really really thin crust pizza, I LOVE IT!!! Anyway, I ate here at least 3 or 4 times while in Urbania, because it's just good grub, and very inexpensive.

Favorite Dish: Pizza one day, pasta another or fish the next... it's really your call. Food is much more inexpensive in Urbania than in Milan or Rome, that's for sure. A can of soda will be more expensive than a bottle of wine. I liked the penne with vodka sauce.

Big Ben: Friendly Owner

by jeaniek13 Written May 19, 2003

Ristorante e Enoteca Big Ben serves up a variety of Italian food--primi e secondi e pizze. The owner is very accomodating and has lots of pasta, meat, and pizza on the menu. He also has a really legitimate NON-smoking section for the Americans in the back. Ha ha.

Favorite Dish: Homemade Pasta

• jeaniek13's Profile Photo

Osteria del Cucco: Go on an empty stomach and mangia!!!

by jeaniek13 Written May 19, 2003

For about 25 Euros each, we had many antipasti (including meat) and 3 pasta dishes, wine, coffee and dessert. Osteria del Cucco is a small, intimate restaurant where you may at times share the table with other patrons, if your party is not large. She has a house liqueur, licorice flavored that she offered at the end of the meal. If anyone is familiar with "slow food"--that is what she is known for. Urbania has several restaurants for its relatively small size, and they're all pretty decent. Cucco is probably one of the more expensive, along with Big Ben, which is also quite good.

Favorite Dish: Everything was great, especially the dessert--house made 'cassata'!

• Music

Instant Answers: Urbania

Comments

Urbania Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Urbania restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Urbania sightseeing.