Valmadrera Travel Guide

• View of Lecco from the hotel room balcony
    View of Lecco from the hotel room...
  • Valmadrera
  • What the??? Italians and their need for speed! LOL
    What the??? Italians and their need for...

Valmadrera Things to Do

• glo39's Profile Photo

by glo39 Updated Oct 4, 2007

06/21/07
    I was awakened this morning by a noise I could not decifer and I got up to investigate.
    From my balcony I could see several men who were sliding poles through their sails to prepare for windsurfing.
    What I heard were the plastic sails flapping wildly in the wind.
    It was really windy in the early mornings and a thick haze lay over the mountains.
    Several windsurfers took advantage of these perfect conditions to get out on the lake.

• Windsurfing
    • Water Sports

Valmadrera Hotels

Valmadrera Restaurants

• glo39's Profile Photo
    La Perla

by glo39 Updated Jun 20, 2010

Do not worry that you can not speak the best Italian, somehow you make do and that's the best part of traveling.
    We attracted instant attention because foreigners don't usually find their way there. WooHoo!
    One of the guests approached us and spoke to us to the point of being annoying because my penne Gorgonzola was getting cold. LOL He was anxious to speak English to an American and I must say he spoke beautifully.
    He remarked that I was certainly unusual for thumbing my nose at the usual tourist spots. I do tend to do that I must say.
    We ordered way too much food and had to pack a bag for a box lunch the next day, but it was worth it.
    Two sisters wait the tables. They are total sweethearts.
    They have an Egyptian cook who emigrated to Italy. He was warm and friendly as well.
    You could not want for more attention even if communication was a bit difficult-who cares-have fun and you will enjoy whatever you order and certainly the atmosphere.
    Tell them Gail sent you!

Favorite Dish: penne gorgonzola
    gnocchi
    swordfish
    tagliatelle
    veal scallopini

Instant Answers: Valmadrera

Comments

Valmadrera Travel Guide
Map of Valmadrera