Burano Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Burano

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Riva Rosa Ristorante Enoteca: Over The Top Food, A Real Splurge!

by painterdave Updated Jun 16, 2012

Front of Riva Rosa

I live near Venice, and have visited this restaurant on Burano several times. The ratings for this ristorante is near perfect, and that is how I found it to be. It is on a curve of the canal with views in both directions. During the summer you will want to spend several hours taking it all in, so call ahead and make a reservation for a table outside.
    For me, my usual budget for trattorias is limited, and this place is a big splurge. So expect the prices to be a bit higher than most other restaurants in Venice.
    You will see what I mean by looking at their website.
    I have included a photo of the view, and one of a plate, fritto misto.

Open from 12.00 to 16.00 and dinner (Italian Time)
    Dinner is usually with reservation
    Closed Wednesday

Favorite Dish: You will not find a bad bottle of wine here, they have a good selection. They are specialists in food Venetian style. I chose liver, Venetian style, hoping it would not be like my mother's liver and onions back home.... It was awesome.
    Go hungry and enjoy.

• Luxury Travel

• Jerelis's Profile Photo

Trattoria "Da Primo": Traditional dishes based on time-honoured cooking.

by Jerelis Written Apr 27, 2012

Having lunch at Tratorria

We had a really great lunch at Trattoria "Da Primo" at Piazza Caluppi, located at the main square of Burano. It offered us traditional dishes based on a time-honoured cooking tradition that makes ample use of the local fish produce, the typical ingredients of the humble fishermen and farmers of the island, the harvest of the lagoon. The food was simple but very tasty, and splendid in the simplicity of its preparation.

Favorite Dish: At midday everybody came here to enjoy a glass of wine with an appetizer of rissa tripe or a bacalà Mantecato canapé, delicious stockfish boiled prepared with olive oil and black pepper. They told us that they only use the stockfish called "Ragno" (said to be the best quality) and clean it hand made taking off all the fish-bones - at least they hope, but if you'll find one you would take it as a quality certificate. :)

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo

Any bakery around the island: Try the local cookies

by oriettaIT Written Jan 6, 2011

sooo good!!

It does not matter where you stop to taste a cookies, anywhere in the island will be good, but you absolutely have to try the local pastry. My favourites are "Zaeti" a cookie made with mais flour and raisins and coconut cookies.

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo

Da Forner: Cheaper than others

by oriettaIT Updated Jan 6, 2011

The restaurant is the farthest from the boat attrach, we figured it would have been less tourist and more reasonabled priced. It is a family run place.
    We picked our food from the "Menu del giorno" Menu of the day. It is a smaller selection of their list and it is cheaper.
    We had shrimps and spaghetti with prawns, two portions of fried fish with salad, some home wine and water for 50 euros.
    It wasnt great, but well cooked and worth the money.

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Ai Tre Ponti (Ai 3 Ponti): Reasonable price, off the main drag..

by suvanki Updated Oct 8, 2010
    Ai Tre Ponti

Disembarking from the motosciaffo in Mazzorbo, we walked across the bridge to Burano, giving the crowd (who had boarded at Fondamente Nuova, then mainly Murano) the chance to land on Burano and disperse.

On the main street, there were many restaurants, where the majority of the people from the vaporetto appeared to have landed at.

We carried on walking.

It had been my intention to eat alone at the famous family run Al Gatto Nero, and to eat their special white Risotto, However, my 2 companions (from the hostel that I was staying at) )were on a tight budget, so after checking out the menu of Al Gatto Nero, and noticing that it was quite full, we headed off to find somewhere more suitable (I'll return to Al Gatto Nero, next time I visit Venice).

We soon came across this place, in a sunny Campo. The prices were reasonable, the menu looked good, there were unoccupied tables, and no crowds!!

So, I spotted a seafood risotto on the menu (as a starter) as I'd planned to eat a rissotto on Burano I chose this, followed by a tuna salad. My companions chose a Pizza. They didn't want anything to drink, as they had water with them. I ordered an Aperol Spritz, and a bottle of sparkling mineral water. We were presented with our cutlery and paper napkin in strong brown paper packets (pic 2).

My risotto marie (pic 4)was fine, with plenty of pieces of calamari, cockles, shrimps and mussels.
    I quite enjoyed my salad too, it was very colourful with lettuce, grated carrot, sweetcorn, olives and tuna. Seeing the pizzas, I did wish that I'd chosen one. However there probably wouldn't have been room on the table for 3!(pic5)

Clean toilet inside, but I had a bit of an embarrassing moment!!
    As there is only one toilet I had to wait, and was in a bit of a rush to get in. Having done what I had to do, I unlocked the door and pushed....nothing happened, so I tried again, and again, turning the lock both ways. I could hear someone on the other side, trying to open the door. A few seconds later, the door opened....by sliding sidewards..doh! The gentleman who came to my rescue found this very amusing, and when he returned to his table (next to ours) he described it all to his wife-we all had a laugh together about it.

A pleasant location, and decent food.

Favorite Dish: Our bill was :

Coperto (for 3) 4.50 Euros
    Aperol Spritz (me) 3.00 Euros
    1 x Aqua with Gas 1 Litre (me) 4.00 Euros
    2x Capricciosa Pizza (Joy and Tracy) 18 Euros (9 Euros each) Joy took the piece she couldn't eat as a 'doggy bag' (wrapped up in a foil tray)
    1 x Risotto Marie (me) 9.00 Euros as starter
    1 x Insalata Buranio (me) as main 9.50 Euros
    1 x Varie @ 0.50 Euros - not sure what this was!!!!
    Total Bill
    for the 3 of us + 48.50 Euros

• Herkbert's Profile Photo

Trattoria "da Primo e Paolo": Don't miss the seafood.

by Herkbert Written Jun 19, 2010

Trattoria

Da Primo is a cute little trattoria located near the Piazza Galuppi. I guess you could call it one of the main streets as there were other shops and restaurants located nearby. The friendly waitress that greeted us as we were looking at the menu helped us to choose the restaurant and after eating there, we're glad she enticed us to come in.

The restaurant specializes in fresh fish and has many dishes to choose from. We started with a liter of the local wine, a Verducci or as we called it - prosecco lite. Light, fresh and a bit fizzy - perfect for our upcoming fish. A nice prosciutto crudo started us off and then for our meals we chose the grilled sole and the grilled monkfish. Both were fresh and delicious. For dessert we had fresh strawberries with vanilla gelato and a tiramisu.

We had fun and were very satisfied with the service. We were the last ones to leave the restaurant at lunch time and they never tried to rush us at all, letting us chat and finish our wine at our own pace.

The prices were reasonable, the service was very good and the food was excellent - now that's a good combination. Would definitely recommend it to others.

Favorite Dish: I have a friend who now makes the second best tiramisu I have ever had. The tiramisu here was absolutely delicious. Rich, creamy, flavorful with tastes the seemed to blend into one with each bite. Save a little room at lunch or dinner and see if you agree with me.

• Architecture

• calcaf38's Profile Photo

Trattoria Da Primo: A fine lunch in Burano

by calcaf38 Written Nov 23, 2009

This place was recommended in one of our guidebooks. Most of us ordered the local specialty, Seafood Risotto, and I expected something colorful (especially in Burano), and full of goodies, like a kind of paella. Ironically, the dish was uniformly pale beige, with no visible seafood at all, but the flavor was deep and good.

• victorwkf's Profile Photo

Restaurants at Burano

by victorwkf Updated Feb 18, 2008

Restaurant Galuppi at Burano, Italy

Most of the restaurants at Burano are located at the town square area of the island. The restaurants serve mainly local Italian food (e.g. pasta) and the fresh seafood such as fishes, prawns etc.

My wife and I had a seafood lunch at Restaurant Galuppi, one of the several restaurants located at the town square. The seafood and ambience are good, but we found the food portions to be very little and the price is very expensive (about 16 Euros per plate). But this is to be expected because Venice is general is expensive especially having your meals at restaurants (Burano is no exception in this aspect).

• Beer Tasting

• Trekki's Profile Photo

Bar Primavera: Quick coffee, before you take the boat

by Trekki Updated May 18, 2007

Bar is behind the statue :-)

The boats back to Venezia (well, the ones to Fondamenta Nuove) leave every 30 minutes, but it is still not easy to be punctual, as photo motifs are everywhere and will distract from thinking about the departure.
    If you have to wait for the boat, take a cafè or Spritz while waiting. I found that the little Cafè Bar close to the Vaporetto station has quite reasonable prices. For cafè and Spritz I paid 4 Euro, much less than in Venezia and maybe less than in the popular restaurants in Via Baldassare Galuppi. Service is quick, they also serve beer and all kinds of coffee and of course ice cream. From here, you can watch the station and see when the boat is approaching.

Favorite Dish: On the second photo you can see how a Spritz looks like. I borrowed that one from my Venice photos. Don't let you get pushed off by the colour - it just looks that way. Done with Aperol, Campari or Cynar (what gives the colour) and water (in Venice and surroundings). Plus a slice of lemon and an olive.

Read, if you like, how Wikipedia describes it:
    Spritz in Wikipedia

• fdrich29's Profile Photo

Garbo Giorgio: Specialita' Bussolai ed Essi Burranelli

by fdrich29 Updated Aug 18, 2006

This bakery was a few doors down from Al Vecio Pipa, where we had lunch. We had stopped in before lunch and really liked the selection and went back after we finished for some typical cookies of Burano. A great little bakery on the island, most definitely worth a visit if you find yourself there.

Favorite Dish: The Burranelli cookies, which were S shaped with a citrus flavor, were really good. I wish they would ship to America!

• fdrich29's Profile Photo

Al Vecio Pipa: Unbelievably fresh seafood!

by fdrich29 Updated Aug 18, 2006

Immediately greeted by the friendly host while we were here for a late lunch at "The Old Pipe". Tables line both sides of the restaurant, which is one long room, followed by the bar area before coming to a small patio area and ending with another room, which I assumed was for the dinner crowd or functions.
    The menu offered several "packaged" meals, all your courses and dessert for one price. It being my birthday, while on our honeymoon decided to splurge and went all out on seafood. We had a mix of marinated and fried seafood, pasta, a salad and some ice cream for dessert. Everything was absolutely amazing, we were in seafood heaven. This was truly a local treasure. Great food, good service and an amazing location.

Favorite Dish: We each ordered the Pasta/Mixed Fried Seafood/Ice Cream meal package. In addition we started with marinated baby octopus, which was something I'd never tried before. I've had marinated octopus many times, which is cut up tentacle, but this was whole baby octopus, head and all served with celery. Simply wonderful. Pasta was cooked to perfection and the fried seafood was nothing short of addicting. Ice cream was the perfect way to end the meal on a very hot summer day. The whole meal came to about 60 euro and was worth every penny.

• alisonr's Profile Photo

I don't know!: I don't know!

by alisonr Written Mar 26, 2006

This restaurant was really great. They came around and served our group strait out of the pans they were cooked in! So you could have as much as you wanted!
    Lots of sea food, chicken and veggies.

Just watch out for the amoreto shots they give you at the end of the meal, they are delicous! But you will pay for it the next day, especially if you drink 4 other people's drinks, like I did!

Favorite Dish: I can't really remember now, sorry

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

various: Best in Venice

by Sjalen Updated Feb 9, 2006

Strolling around late lunchtime made us hungry and despite the tourists, we found a place in the main square which could accommodate us. We got a table with a nice view of the square (see pic - I have forgotten the name) but thought we would have to wait forever when a Canadian tour group settled next to us. Not so. The Canadians had already booked in advance so everything was ready for them and now the chefs could make OUR food. Service was swift and cheerful and the food was really nice - we had a pasta with asparagus from the surrounding islands. In fact, this was one of the best restaurants we encountered in Venice (most places here being overpriced and touristy compared to the rest of Italy) and judging by information on internet, most Burano restaurants seem of high quality compared to Venice itself.

Favorite Dish: The asparagus ravioli...

• Architecture
    • Religious Travel

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

xyz: seafood is good

by croisbeauty Updated Apr 4, 2005

Restaurants in the main street

There are couple of traditional restaurants in the town, my kind of trattorias where one can enjoy in non conventional atmosphere eating fresh and good food for a resonable price.

Favorite Dish: It is worth tasting the typical local dishes, all made with fish. Do not miss to order risotto with nero di seppia or shrimps with polenta. My suggestion is, however, small grilled calamari.

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

L'Osteria ai Pescatori: Best Fish Restaurant

by sandysmith Updated Feb 5, 2005

fish Osteria

Having had fish the night before I wanted meat and so we went to the restaurant next door to this one (see previous tip) However this looked a great place if you wanted fish - not a lot of other choice ofn the menu and not surprising when you see ts name!
    Anyway it looked quite a lively place - a party was booked in here and the jovilaity was going on long after our choice of eaterie had closed up - we'll probably try it out next visit.

Instant Answers: Burano

Comments

Burano Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Burano restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Burano sightseeing.