Chioggia Restaurants

• Restaurants
    trattoria Al Bersagliere

Most Recent Restaurants in Chioggia

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Al Vecio Foghero.: A budget restaurant.

by Maurizioago Updated Aug 19, 2013
    My pizza.

I sat at a outdoor table the times I went to that restaurant. It was too hot to eat inside. The tables out of restaurant al Vecio Foghero are right on a narrow street (calle).

At this restaurant they have a good choice of first and second courses with meat, fish or sea food. They also have a good selections of pizzas. Once I asked for one of these. They brought me a large and tasty pizza.

Prices were good and cover charge was cheaper than in most restaurants in Chioggia.

Favorite Dish: Pasta (noodles) with clams and pizza with mozzarella (a kind of soft cheese) and some other things were good.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Pasticceria Flora.: It's ok for the "happy hour".

by Maurizioago Updated Aug 19, 2013

Pasticceria Flora is one of the many cafes on corso del Popolo. I went there several times to have dinner. Well, I visited that cafe for the so-called "happy hour". I used to ask for a non alcoholic fruit drink which came with a plate full of mini sandwiches, small slices of pizza and chips. Once I finished these nibbles I could go to the counter and help myself with other food as much as I liked. There were mostly slices of pizza and chips on the counter.

Favorite Dish: The slices of pizza were good and also the non alcoholic fruit drink.

• Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Blue Lantern (Lanterna Blu): Pile Of Seafood

by painterdave Written Apr 11, 2012

Mixed Fried Fish

These folks pile on the food and it is all very tasty. If you want fancy atmosphere, stay away, but if you want the real Italian...mom and pop feel, to a dining experience, this is where you should go. The owners have left their restaurant stay in the past, no New York chairs or black and white modern style "anything" They serve up good food with good service, clean restrooms and comfortable seating. Weekdays there is a set price of 12 euros for everything, but we were there on a holiday and chose the menu. Everything was great.
    We were late, as usual, and the first 7 restaurants were already full, so on the walk back to the parking garage... this turned up. We tried it, and will go back.
    We also liked the friendliness of the staff, being patient and translating the dishes.
    The parking garage is a precious commodity here, and so if you need parking you might consider both.

Favorite Dish: A Huge Pile of fried fish, mixed. Let's face it, Fried fish here is going to be pretty much the same as fried fish in a more expensive tourist restaurant. Maybe there would be less of it, too. This trattoria is located off the canals and away from the fishing docks. So they try harder to please people.
    The seafood risotto was excellent.
    See the photo of the assorted fish for the appetizer.
    Being hungry after all that walking, this was a great experience and I was pleased with the prices.

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo

Lanterna blu: Follow the locals

by oriettaIT Written Apr 9, 2012

mixed appetizer

Don't expect anything fancy here, just fresh food, perfectly cook and a very familiar and friendly athmosphere.
    This old trattoria is in the back of Chioggia, toward the port and the new multilevel parking. We found it on our way home after having tried with no luck to get a seat in the more centralized restaurant. The place have hardly any sign, there is no menu hanging outside and nobody will try to lure you in. Just go in there and let them guide you throught the day's specialties. You will not be disappointed.
    Monday to Sunday they have a "workers" menu at lunch for a fixed price of 12, water wine and coffee included.

Favorite Dish: We had a started of mixed boiled fish and saint John shells, a wonderful seafood risotto and a mixed fried fish plate with fries.
    Everything was perfect and cook right then. No short cut here. This mean you might have to wait awhile to get your food.
    With a liter of water and half a liter of prosecco the bill was 55 euro in 2012.

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Grom: Stop for an ice cream

by suvanki Updated Oct 10, 2010

Grom Ice Cream

Anyone who's read my Padua or Bergamo pages, will know I'm a fan of Grom Ice Creams. So when I came across one of their gelaterias here in Chioggia, I was straight in, to see what flavours they had.

I eventually selected a double dark chocolate (cioccolato extra noir (sorbet) with 'Teyuna' chocolate and chocolate chips, plus Zabaione (organic eggs and Marsala wine)-paid my 2.20 Euros and headed outside to devour it....This was probably my least special 'Grom Experience' probably because this was much softer in texture, so the melting capacity meant I had to work on it pretty quickly! My previous Grom Ice Creams had been quite firm, so I could take my time and enjoy the flavours!
    When I visited in the morning, I was the only customer, but around 17.30. when I passed by again, there were customers sat outside, enjoying their ice creams.

Opening Timetable:
    from April to September Mon/Thu 12pm-12am | Fri/Sat 12am-12:30am | Sun 11pm-12am
    October-March daily 12pm-11:30pm

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Val d'Ostreghe: Fabulous Seafood

by painterdave Written Sep 18, 2009

Indoor Dining Area

Step back into history and try the Val d' Ostreghe which has been serving food since 1680. Some very famous people have dined here, including Garibaldi and the famous composer Palestrina. The charming place has a nice garden setting for summer and comfortable seating for the rest of the year.
    If you desire seafood cooked correctly and presented with flair this is the place for you.
    They have a good house wine selection, and the appetizers are worth trying. Expect the food to be of Venetian variety, and just a bit cheaper than you find in Venice.
    They also have rooms upstairs for rent.

Favorite Dish: Fried mixed seafood
    Grilled mixed seafood

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo

Trattoria Locanda Val D'ostreghe: Fresh seafood

by oriettaIT Updated Sep 5, 2009

The summer patio

We was strolling without a defined target around Chioggia during a very windy day when we saw a nice patio with a pleasant pergola. We looked inside and it was a restaurant. It was lunch time so we took a look at the menu and decided it was it.
    The patio is colorful and surrounded by many pots of plants and some marine decoration, they have about 20 tables outside. I took a look also at the inside dining room and it is really nice, with a huge collection of old bottles and more marine stuff.
    Their sign say 1680 so i guess it is on the site of a very old taverna.
    They also have a few rooms for tourist.

Favorite Dish: We had a portion of fried fish, a portion of grilled fish and a salade. The fried fish was really good, perfectly cooked. Also the grilled fish was great, consisted of a sole, a couple of prawn, and 3 more small fish i cant tell what kind but only that they were tasty. The portions ware regular and we payed the all meal 34 euros (with no wine). They had a house wine for 10 euros a liter so we decided to skip it.
    The only disappointing detail was that the weitress was kind of grouchy, made us feel like we were disturbing her, but the quality of the food made up for this feeling.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Trattoria Al Marco: There is no fish like Adriatic fish

by croisbeauty Written Oct 23, 2008

trattoria Al Marco

I am not sure if "Al Marco" is the name of this trattoria situated on a bank of the Canale San Domenico, anyway, you can't miss it when in Chioggia. If already I hadn't my lunch, like half an hour before strolling along the chanel, this trattoria could have been my first choice. It is exactly what we are expecting of trattoia to be, very simple, rustical and great atmosphere. After just a five minute you could feel like knowing the staff for ages. So friendly and warm welcome you will have here.

Favorite Dish: Coming after lunch, I had drink and espresso only but the look and in particularly the smell of the food on the table next to me almost made me to order another lunch.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Al Bersagliere: There is no fish like those from the Adriatic

by croisbeauty Written Oct 23, 2008

trattoria Al Bersagliere

Chioggia is definatelly a fishing town and those who enjoy in the seafood will come on their own here. There are number of ostarias and trattorias in Chioggia offering fresh fish out of the Adriatic, for my money the top quality fish in the world. To those who might not knowing it, ostaria or trattoria is the best choice when in Veneto, skip the restaurants anytime its possible.
    Antica Trattoria "Al Bersagliere" is located .......

• aramat's Profile Photo

Ristorante El Gato: Great local seafood

by aramat Written Jun 3, 2006

Ristorante El Gato

I really loved this place. My meal was very good, but my friend's spaghetti with clams was too salty. When we mentioned this to the waitress, Felice the chef himself came out of the kitchen to explain that the clams, coming from the sea, were naturally salty, but he was happy to bring us something else if we didn't like it. All this conversation took place in Italian, and since we don't speak Italian, he explained everything twice very carefully. Sometimes when I'm abroad I get slightly annoyed when people working in the tourism industry don't speak any foreign language at all, but somehow in Italy it's different - Italians are so communicative that they are able to explain anything without speaking a word of English (or German or French, etc.) and it actually adds to the experience of being in Italy :-).

Favorite Dish: I had grilled scallops and a seafood lasagne and everything was excellent.

Instant Answers: Chioggia

Comments

Chioggia Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Chioggia restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chioggia sightseeing.