Lido Restaurants

Bar Maleti-
  • Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Lido

• Jerelis's Profile Photo

Grand Viale Santa Maria Elisabetta: Great pizza!

by Jerelis Written May 2, 2012
    Enjoying a pizza at Gran Viale S.M. Elisabeth.

We left the beach via the Excelsior Hotel, a great example of a hotel built in art-deco style. It really overlooks the beach and sea. Finally we walked all the way back to the south part of the island.

We passed by "Forte di San Nicolo" and "Forte die Sant", two 16th century fortresses. Besides that we had a look at the Jewish Cementery, with its 16th and 17th century tomb-stones. Finally we once again ended up at Grand Viale Santa Maria Elisabetta and enjoyed a great pizza!

We enjoyed our visit to the Lido and do remember that there's much more than just the beach!

• Luxury Travel
    • Beaches

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Bar Maleti-: A lively place for locals to meet

by suvanki Updated Aug 6, 2010
    My sandwich and Aperol Spritz

I walked past this place late morning on 26th December-Boxing Day to me, Santo Stefano for most of those gathered in and outside. I enjoyed my glimpse of their 'celebrations', but wandered past-returning later, when the groups of families and friends had dissipated..

It took me a while to get myself sorted here-there was a cafe area inside, where I sat for quite a while and didn't get served, outside, there was an open window, again I had no luck here-eventually, I ventured back inside, to the end of the bar, where there was a selection of sandwiches etc.-I pointed to one that I liked the look of, then ordered an Aperol Spritz. This was brought out to my table outside.

• lina112's Profile Photo

Take Away: Good food

by lina112 Written Aug 6, 2008

On Via Santa Maria Elisabetta you´ll find many restaurants and locals where you can have a nice meal for a good price. If you want to take the food to the hotel there are too, we found this one in Santa Maria Elisabetta and the food was very good.**

En Via Santa Maria Elisabetta encontrarás bastantes restaurantes y locales en los que puedes comer bien y a buén precio. Si lo que quieres es llevarte la comida al hotel también los hay, nosotras encontramos este a mediados de la calle y está muy bién.**

• victorwkf's Profile Photo

Ice Cream

by victorwkf Written Aug 3, 2007

People buying ice cream at Lido, Venice

When you are at Lido especially during the hot summer season, eating ice cream will be a heavenly delight. There are many shops selling ice cream along Gran Viale Santa Maria Elisabella, the main street of Lido from the vaporetto (water bus) station to the public beach area. There are lots of flavours to choose, and the cheapest ice cream is $1 euros per single scoop cone. During my honeymoon in Venice and Lido, I ate a lot of ice cream because the water was very hot during summer. You will notice that a lot of other people are eating ice cream while walking along the streets.

• Beaches

• victorwkf's Profile Photo

Restaurant, pubs and entertainment

by victorwkf Written Aug 3, 2007

A pub at Gran Viale Santa Maria Elisabella, Lido

If you are looking for restaurants, pubs and entertainment while at Lido, then the best place would be along Gran Viale Santa Maria Elisabella, the main and most popular street in Lido. It is very easy to locate this street because it is just next to the vaporetto (water bus) station at Lido, you just need to see where the crowds are going and just follow. When you are here, you will feel that you are at a different place (perhaps a beach town in Europe or USA)and not in Venice, which is good for a change :)

• Beer Tasting

• BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Ristorante Parco delle Rose: Garden dining & good food

by BorneoGrrl Updated Jun 10, 2007

Lovely outdoor dining

Walking along Lido town, I came across Ristorante Parco delle Rose and it caught my attention because it had a beautiful garden and you can dine under a canopy or under the trees. The service was quick and selection of dishes on the menu was what you'd expect from a local restaurant. A small stone walkway in between flower bushes leads you to the mens/ladies room which was clean.

The food was served there was delicious and the house wine was good. Prices were about average (inexpensive compared to Venice). I enjoyed it so much there that I stayed there for a three hour lunch.

• Singles

• avanutria's Profile Photo

Le Mille Voglie: Friendly Staff and Fresh Food

by avanutria Updated Oct 7, 2005

We stopped at this "Snack Bar and Gelateria" for breakfast one morning, and had some very nice freshly grilled breakfast sandwiches. I also got some freshly squeezed orange juice, which was unexpectedly red but quite good.

Later on in the day, I went back to this shop to ask for some ice to put on an injury. They were quite nice and gave me some in a plastic bag, so I was determined to mention them here on VT!

(Do you like this tip? Please rate it, thanks!)

• School Holidays

• kettlesingbob's Profile Photo

Parc Delle Rose: Good meals in nice surroundings

by kettlesingbob Updated Jul 5, 2005

Popular restaurant on the Gran Viale,
    Good food at reasonable prices (for Venice).
    Dine on a well tended flower filled terrace. good service and nice house wine.

Favorite Dish: The pepper steak was very good, some of the best, most tender steak I have ever had.
    Pizza's good value and quality for a less formal meal.

• Architecture

Instant Answers: Lido

Comments

Lido Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Lido restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lido sightseeing.