Malcesine Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Malcesine

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo

Speck Stube: Malcesine's Beer Garden

by mikelisaanna Updated Feb 17, 2012

The Speck Stube is a large outdoor beer garden in the hills above Malcesine. It is very family friendly, with outdoor picnic tables and benches. The menu is very simple: speck (dried prosciutto), chicken and pork for entrees, and fries, sauerkraut, and cucumbers for sides. There is also strudel and ice cream for dessert. You can wash your meal down with plenty of beer, as well as water and soda for the kids and non-drinkers.

There is no table service. You wait in line to get food from one window and your drinks from another. On the night that we were there, the food line was about 15 minutes and the drinks line was about 5 minutes.

• Beer Tasting

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Osteria Santo Cielo: Traditional Osteria

by suvanki Updated Feb 6, 2009

Osteria Santo Cielo

I was hungry after wandering around Malcesine, and I wanted a salad (I'd had my fill of pizzas and pasta etc!), but I could only find Pizzerias or fast food. There was a strong smell of frying and burgers lingering in the air :-(

I was about to give up - I had just over an hour until the ferry left for Brenzone- when I came across a small square with tables outside an Osteria.

I perused a menu - there was a selection of salads - and an absence of cooking fumes!!

I had to wait quite a while to be served - there was only one person serving and preparing the food, and he'd disappeared for a while, so I ventured inside, ready to place my order. I was completely bowled over- a dark cellar like room with a very well stocked bar of wine and beers, and a food area with salads, anti pasto, cheeses etc - I couldn't resist taking a couple of pics.

I ordered a salad and a beer, and sat in the sun under a parasol, eagerly anticipating the arrival of my food.
    It was well worth waiting for - an attractively arranged salad, fresh brown bread, balsamic vinegar and olive oil -

I don't know if the waiter/chef was the owner - (Since my return home I've found there is a web page, which says Hella Nods is the owner of this place - it doesn't sound like an Italian name, and he didn't look typically Italian) He was a bit of a dour character, but I'd much rather come to a place with great food and atmosphere, where the staff aren't falsely cheerful - I think he let the food speak for itself!

This was the hi-light of my visit to Malcesine! If I return to Lake Garda, I'd return to Malcesine just to visit this traditional authentic Osteria - A Great find!!!!

Favorite Dish: My salad was just what I wanted- Good Quality, a variety of fresh ingredients, and attractively served.

The accompanying fresh brown bread, balsamic vinegar and olive oil was a bonus - I love bread dipped in these 2 condiments!

My salad was Lettuce, tomato, olives, radish, sweetcorn, grated carrots, onion all served in a bowl.

My draught beer was good too - cold and crisp - a German pilsner.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• Mignon: lovely romantic dinner

by candy90 Updated Aug 25, 2008

My boyfriend and me have been staying in Malcesine for a week in may2008. We often passed by this small restaurant in the very heart of Malcesine, with it s wunderful quiet terrasses and
    cute romantic balcony-tables. Reading the large menu with it s resonable prices we decided not to have dinner at our hotel the last evening of our stay, but to visit Mignon. It has been the very best experience of our holiday: luckely we got one of the tables on the balcony, with a wonderful view over the garden terraces. The waiter even spoke fluent German and English, and we had a wunderful dinner with candle light. The wine the waiter suggested with our meal reminded me on the wines I had tasted in Toscana, the antipasto was a simply divine selection of fresh grilled vegetables, Parma Ham and ewe s milk cheeses, the Spaghetti ai frutti di mare the best I d ever had, my boyfriend s fillet steak on wild mushrooms delicious and my grilled gilthead very good as well.
    The very best however were the desserts: homemade Tiramisu and Cappucino-Mousse.
    I hope to be back to Malcesine soon: but on our next stay we ll have dinner surely every evening at Mignon.

Favorite Dish: The homemade cappuccino-mousse on a white cioccolate cream, refreshing and very tasty.

• sunskii's Profile Photo

La Pace: Excellent Spaghetti Vongole veraci

by sunskii Written Jun 25, 2008

Great atmosphere, especialy in the evening. The staff are wonderful especialy Muhammed the head waiter and Sergio the owner. The restaurant is situated on the lakeside with a wonderful view of Tremosine.

Favorite Dish: Spaghetti Vongole(fresh clams), Spaghetti allo Scoglio(with seafood) and Fritto Misto.

• monkeydennis's Profile Photo

Al Marinaio: Fantastic family restaurant for everyone

by monkeydennis Written Jun 7, 2008

What a view

This is in a fantastic location which along with the service makes it a fab restaurant. Its run by one family, mother, father, daughter and son. Eleonor and her brother speak English & German and probably other languages aswell - talented bunch, and are so friendly. I think they have a lot of recommendations from the British coach companies who visit but there was always a great mix of nationalities and ages eating there. You can sit in the secluded courtyard with views onto the lake. There seems to be a lot of wedding couples who go to the lakeside here for photos but it gives you extra "people watching" to do!!

Favorite Dish: Supreme Chicken and Lamb was great along with their pizzas.

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

Various around the port: Italian Ice Cream

by vichatherly Written Jun 16, 2013
    Italian Ice Cream Sundae

A daily intake of Italian ice cream was an important part of absorbing the local culture.

Favorite Dish: I think that we went through most of the large sundae menu.

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

Locanda - Monte Baldo: Halfway up the Cable Car

by vichatherly Updated Jun 10, 2013
    Locanda - Monte Baldo

We stopped off here for a well earned lunch, halfway down our descent of Monte Baldo back down to Malcesine.

The restaurant has spectacular views

• Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Malcesine

Comments

Malcesine Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Malcesine restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Malcesine sightseeing.