Malcesine Transportation

• The bus company of Verona covering all east Garda
    The bus company of Verona covering all...
    by effeti
    Brenzone Ferry jetty
    by suvanki
    Ferry docked at Malcesine
    by suvanki

Most Recent Transportation in Malcesine

• effeti's Profile Photo

FAQ How do i go from Venice to Malcesine?

by effeti Updated Aug 1, 2009

The bus company of Verona covering all east Garda

From a forum post i gave.

When are you travelling? In Summer there is a bus (runs once a day) direct from Venice to Malcesine.
    Last year (2007) it was from june 11th to sept 28th (look here: for Venice - Riva del Garda line )

If not, the best way is a train along the route Venice - Milan to Verona nearly every hour.
    Look here for trains timetable
    Type Venezia Santa lucia as departure, and Verona Porta Nuova as arrival.

The timetable goes only 2 months or so ahed, but just choose a day of the week (e.g. friday) similar to the one you need, and you will have a nice idea of what to expect.

From just outside the Porta Nuova station you will find a bus of the ATV (or with the old brand name APTV) direct to Malcesine... Once again every hour or so..
    This is the timetable (
    62/64 )

Prices..... the bus around 6 euro, the train depends on class and kind of train (try and buy) but should be around 20.

• Trains

• suvanki's Profile Photo

By ferry from Brenzone

by suvanki Updated Aug 5, 2008

Travelling Brenzone to Malcesine

I couldn't visit Lake Garda and not travel on one of its ferry boats that criss cross the lakeside. I decided that I'd travel northwards to Malcesine. The ferries are also known as steamers, although they now are diesel powered

I purchased my ticket from the shop near the jetty. A return ticket cost me 6 .60 euros (no intermediate stops allowed) There are day tickets available.

The ferry departed Brenzone at 12 mid day, returning at 17.25. (Check the time table closely as in some of the less popular resorts, ferries offer a limited service) Time tables available from ticket kiosks or Tourist Info offices - or download from the link below.

Ferry timetables etc

There is a regular bus service or taxis for an alternative, if the ferry times don't match your plans.

The 30 minute journey was very relaxing and gave me the chance to enjoy the scenery as we floated past villages clinging to the foot of the mountain range. We pulled into a few of Brenzones hamlets on the way.

Travelling by ferry is probably the best way to arrive in Malcesine, as its castle towering above the harbour is quite an attractive view.

• footpath to malcesine

by earring Written Mar 28, 2008

Dear Effeti,

I found your photos of Malcesine very interesting. I had already looked at a map on the internet, but it is different seeing the real thing.
    I would love to go there but my car has blown a gasket and I have difficulties travelling at the moment. I had not thought of public transport, but I suppose it might be an option if it is not too complicated. Buses always confuse me.
    Yours Sincerely,
    Earring

• Beer Tasting
    • Whale Watching

Instant Answers: Malcesine

Comments

Malcesine Transportation

Reviews and photos of Malcesine transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Malcesine sightseeing.