Montagnana Restaurants

Allan and Dee at Aldo Moro Restaurant
    by deecat

Most Recent Restaurants in Montagnana

• Mikebond's Profile Photo

I Stona: Great local food in the centre - and cheap!

by Mikebond Updated Jul 14, 2012

After visiting the town in the morning, my parents and I had lunch at this restaurant we had seen earlier and noticed for its low prices.
    The main room is very nice, with old black-and-white photos of Venice and other locations, prints depicting the food specialties of Padova and the neighbouring provinces (I noticed that there wasn't one with the Rovigo province!). Photos may come later.
    The only negative side was the heat, as the restaurant isn't provided with an air conditioning system.

Favorite Dish: My dad and I started with pasta: he took fettuccine al musso (ribbon-shaped pasta with donkey sauce), while I had bigoli all'anitra (a typical pasta of Veneto, similar to spaghetti but much thicker, with duck sauce).
    My mum didn't feel like eating pasta, so she had the typical Montagnana ham as starter. Even if Montagnana is less than 50 kms away from our town Rovigo, we had never heard of this specialty before reading about it in the guidebook.
    Afterwards, my dad had pork salami with polenta; my mum and I, chicken with polenta.
    All this plus drinks (wine for dad, a coca-cola for me and water for everyone) and two coffees only cost us 44.50 euro, including the cover fee of 1.50 each. We think this is a low price, considering what we ate and the location of the restaurant.

• deecat's Profile Photo

Aldo Moro Restaurant: People Come From Afar to Dine Here

by deecat Updated Apr 4, 2011

Allan and Dee at Aldo Moro Restaurant

We came to stay for one night in this out-of-the-way place (Montagnana) because we had read about the restaurant and wanted to discover for ourselves if all that we had heard was true. We found out that it was true; it is a wonderful place to eat.

The dining room at Aldo Moro Restaurant is a sight to behold. It is an intimate atmosphere with fresh flowers, candlelight, lovely music, and quiet elegance. They are known for their excellent regional and international cuisine.

We shared a bottle of white, sparkling wine.
    We also shared what they called the Greek Insalata which consisted of lettuce, tuna, red pepper, artichoke, onion and tomato.

Allan tried the baked Bass and vegetables while I had tornadoes of Beef and Shallots.

For dessert we had an Ice Cream with Grand Marina and Toffee and Caramel AND ALSO Tiramisu. It was a mighty fine meal, indeed.

Favorite Dish: The service was outstanding, the food was delicious, and the atmosphere was quite romantic.

The restaurant is quite well known for its remarkable wine list. They are not "pushy" about anything. When we asked about Sparkling White, the waiter suggested a delicious one, and we noticed that it was the LEAST EXPENSIVE wine on the menu.

That's refreshing, isn't it?

• Architecture
    • Wine Tasting

• effeti's Profile Photo

Enoteca Tomanin: Taste the local ham Prosciutto dolce di Montagnana

by effeti Updated May 16, 2008

The dining room: the basement

First of all, do not let the entrance of this wine bar /restaurant fool you.
    From the outside, you see nothing more than a little town bar. No signs of a real reastaurant.
    But, believe me, there is more.

If you find place (during the weekend may be very wise to book in advance) you will have to follow the waiter/owner toward the back of the bar, go DOWN a little and winding staircase and...... Surprise!

An incredible dining room waits for you! It's the medieval basement of the building, with all it's masonry restored and cleaned, and with the ancient bricks underlined by a soft artificial light.

By the way, i went here with VT member Lacristina the first time, and while outside it was an hot (39° C.) july, here it was a mild spring.. Without any air conditioning!

Then, try to understand the menu (only in italian) or - better - follow the advice of the owner Francesco, who's love for food is evident at first glance.

It's wise anyway to sample their antipasto, made by a few slices of the famous and delicious local sweet raw ham, served with a few incredible grilled vegetables.

After that... well, the menu is rich, full of fantasy. You may ask for a few Primos... and ask to sample a few of them. The dish will arrive separated, and you can share them with your table companios, lowering the risk of losing something really worth a try.

The wine list is impressive (after all the restaurant is also an "enoteca", or wine bar).

And do not miss the desserts, too. Ask for a mix of those.

Closed on mondays.

Instant Answers: Montagnana

Comments

Montagnana Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Montagnana restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Montagnana sightseeing.