Rovigo Restaurants

pizza "Rovigo"

Most Recent Restaurants in Rovigo

Osteria "Ai Trani": The best place for local food

by Mikebond Written Jul 4, 2013

Osteria "Ai Trani" is my favourite local restaurant in Rovigo so far.
    All the recipes on the menu are typical for Rovigo and Veneto region. Prices are a little higher than at "La Taverna" restaurant, but everything else is better: from furnishing to the kindness of the owner (a blond woman who enjoys talking with clients), to the way dishes are presented.

Favorite Dish: I first had dinner at this restaurant in June 2013, with two Couchsurfing guests.
    I had tagliolini with sausage and mushrooms (see photo), while they had tagliatelle rustiche (with tomatoes, zucchini and bacon, if I remember well).
    We all enjoyed it very much and I look forward to having dinner there again soon.

• Mikebond's Profile Photo

bice. osteria trattoria: Best for traditional food

by Mikebond Written May 31, 2013

"La Bice" is a historical restaurant in Rovigo, since it was already there when my grand-father was young.
    At that time, it offered local food at cheap price, while now it has become a trendy place for those who like traditional dishes without minding the price. As a matter of facts, "bice." is more expensive than other restaurants in the town centre, although not the most expensive one.

Favorite Dish: I had lunch at "bice." only once, with two Couchsurfing guests who invited me there. I had "bigoli al ragù d'anatra" (thicker spaghetti with duck meat sauce). It was good, but the portion was rather small considering it cost 8 euros. At my usual restaurant "La Taverna", I usually get bigger portions for 5.50 euros.

Ristopizzeria Girasole: A fresh, coloured pizzeria

by Mikebond Updated May 12, 2013
    pizza

Ristopizzeria "Girasole" works mostly as a take-away pizzeria, but it also has a few tables where you can sit and eat your pizza.
    You choose your meal from a long and coloured list of dishes with attracting names, including pizzas, piadinas, fried fish and more.
    The only downside is the plastic cutlery that easily breaks into pieces.

Favorite Dish: I had a pizza "Rovigo" with typical ingredients from my province, including soppressa (a kind of salami) and mushrooms. I liked it very much.

La Taverna: Typical food at a cheap price

by Mikebond Written Jul 22, 2012

La Taverna is a typical restaurant located right in the centre of Rovigo, in the former area of the ghetto and near a picturesque fountain.
    They offer a good range of dishes of the regional and national tradition.
    The prices are among the lowest I could see in the centre of Rovigo or any other Italian town or city.
    The only downside may be the owners, who are not very friendly.

Favorite Dish: The menu changes every day, with some dishes being always offered.
    Some of the typical recipes you can taste here include "pasta e fagioli" (rich bean soup with pasta, sometimes with barley as well), bigoli (thick spaghetti from the Vicenza area), "baccalà alla vicentina" and other kinds of fish.

Canaletto: A new good restaurant in Rovigo's outskirts

by Mikebond Written Mar 22, 2009

My father and I first had lunch at Canaletto on a Sunday of March 2009. It's a new restaurant built in the industrial area of Rovigo.
    They offer a wide range of both fish and meat dishes, but they state that the fish menu is their specialty.
    Opening times: everyday for lunch and dinner; closed at dinnertime on Tuesdays and on lunchtime on Saturdays.

Favorite Dish: We both had pasta as first dish: my father with bacon and I with ragù (meat sauce). Then, we both had a tagliata al rosmarino (beefsteak cut into small bits). We also ordered a dish of chips and a bowl of mixed salad.
    We liked all we had and were happy to see that the portions were so big that we couldn't eat everything. My father gave me some bits of beefsteak and I gave him some chips.

Instant Answers: Rovigo

Comments

Rovigo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Rovigo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Rovigo sightseeing.