Sant Erasmo Restaurants

• Beach and Restaurant Al Tedeschi Sant' Erasmo
    Beach and Restaurant Al Tedeschi Sant'...
    Sant' Erasmo -The Garden Island
    Sunset and reflections Sant' Erasmo

Most Recent Restaurants in Sant Erasmo

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Ristorante Al Tedeschi: Bring a picnic!!

by suvanki Updated May 3, 2008

Beach and Restaurant Al Tedeschi Sant' Erasmo

I'd arrived too late at Il Lato Azzurro to book an evening meal, although Emanuele offered me a salad.

He also mentioned that there was a pizzeria next to the beach that was about 5 minutes walk away.

I decided that I'd eat out that night - a glass of wine, a freshly baked pizza overloaded with fresh ingredients, hopefully a seafood variety, with a cosy atmosphere and views over the lagoon. WRONG!!!!! This was probably one of my most disappointing dining experiences in a long time

As this is the only place to eat on this part of the island it was doubly disappointing. There is apparently a fancier restaurant further away on the same coast, but it has erratic open hours.

Earlier in the day, I'd passed by here, and noticed a few locals? enjoying a few drinks.

At night the place looked a bit seedy - I sat outside in a 'shed like area'with plastic table cloths covering the tables, most of my fellow diners looked a bit 'tired'- midle aged and elderly men with 'off white ' vests, or shirts straining over beer guts.

I went to the bar to place my order with a surley gum chewing female, who didn't seem to want to serve me. I asked for a pizza from the menu - she then had to check with a male, who was probably the manager. He seemed quite harrassed, despite the restaurant being nearly empty - there appeared to be 2 other rooms inside. It was only 20.30hrs
    He said I could order. He seemed affable enough. I chose a seafood pizza.

The pizza I was served was decidedly lacking in anything other than cheese and tomato! I couldn't even be bothered to complain- Any spirit had been sucked out of me, along with the atmosphere in the place. Well it was edible - that's as much as I can say!

I supped my beer, while the aforementioned waitress flirted around the elderly balding pot bellied male sat nearby- his vest displaying the drink and food he'd eaten earlier!

I paid my bill - no tip, and made a hasty retreat back to the sanctuary of Lato Azzuro.

Maybe I'd just been there on a bad day- A shame that this was so disappointing - A great location, on an island famed for its produce - so why was it so poor?

Favorite Dish: I suppose the draught beer was the favourite part of my meal!

• Beaches

• Ca'Vignotto: six-course feast on Sant'Erasmo

by oxford.uk Updated Apr 15, 2008

restaurant Ca'Vignotto on Sant'Erasmo island

Rumours of good six-course meals for 40 Euros at Ca'Vignotto on the island of Sant'Erasmo sounded tempting but obviously exaggerated - you just don't get six good courses in Venice for that price. But we wanted to escape the city crowds on Easter Sunday.

In fact, six was an understatement! We lost count of the courses (due partly to the limitless supply of good local wine that's included), but it was at least eight. Easter is a special day, so maybe they do 'only' six normally. Quality and service were both excellent. And no extras on the bill. It really was just 40 Euros (2008).

Ca'Vignotto is a farmhouse turned restaurant, specialising in set price set meals consisting of local produce and seafood cooked to perfection. Service is friendly and fast - but with much-needed and well-timed intervals between the major courses. Of approximately 200 customers, all were local as far as we could tell, though this probably changes in the summer season.

To get there, take vaporetto number 13 from Venice's Fondamente Nove stop to the agricultural island of Sant'Erasmo. The boats go and return roughly every hour. Either get off at the Chiesa stop and walk to Ca'Vignotto or get off earlier at the Capannone stop and walk to Il Lato Azzuro hostel where you can hire bicycles for a trip around the island or an easy ride to the restaurant before lunch. See the location of these places and the restaurant on the map at www.venice.nu/cycling/santerasmo-map/

Instant Answers: Sant Erasmo

Comments

Sant Erasmo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Sant Erasmo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sant Erasmo sightseeing.