Sant Erasmo Things to Do

• Boats moored at the beach Sant' Erasmo Venezia
    Boats moored at the beach Sant' Erasmo...

Most Recent Things to Do in Sant Erasmo

View The Sunsets

by suvanki Updated May 9, 2009
    Sunset Sant Erasmo Venice

Sant Erasmo is a nice place to view the sun setting over the Lagoon, Venice and its nearby islands- whether You're staying on Sant' Erasmo, or catching a late moto sciaffo back to Venice or one of the nearby lagoon islands such as Murano.

My first night on Sant' Erasmo, from the terrace of my hostel I saw that the sun was starting to set,
    so ran with my camera to the waterside nearby to catch some photos.

Another night, I just sat on the veranda and enjoyed a chilled beer, while I enjoyed the sunset through the trees, looking over the lagoon. It was so peaceful!

• Eco-Tourism

Torre Massimilano

by suvanki Updated May 9, 2009
    Torre Massimilana Sant Erasmo Venezia

This 19th Century Fort is one of Sant' Erasmos' few landmarks.

It was originally built by Napoleonic troops, then finished during Austrian occupation.
    Archduke Maximillian sought refuge here (hence it's name!)

After restoration by the Venice Water Authority, this is now a social centre for the 8,000 inhabitants of the island. Exhibitions are held here. Opening times are limited

At the time of my visit, it was the 2007 Biennale. There was an exhibition of Emilio Vedovas' work. Vedova was born in Venice in 1919 and died October 2006. He was considered to be one of Italys most important artists following WW2. Mainly self taught, his abstract works were admired worldwide. I'm afraid that I didn't get to see this exhibition.

The tower is near the beach and a bar/pizzeria.

The Beach

by suvanki Updated May 3, 2008
    Beach Sant Erasmo Venezia

The small beach on Sant' Erasmo is popular with Italians/Venetians especially at weekends or on public holidays.

I mistakenly thought that the tiny mud beach near the tower was 'The Beach' I hadn't realised that if I walked a bit further along there was another sandy beach.

I didn't get chance to sunbathe here, as when I first arrived it was early evening, then the next day I went into Venice.

If You want to escape the heat of Venice and unwind- this is a pleasant place to come to.

Near this beach is a Trattoria/bar, selling Pizzas etc, which is reasonably priced, and the Torre Maximillio, which has art exhibitions etc

Instant Answers: Sant Erasmo

Comments

Sant Erasmo Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Sant Erasmo things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sant Erasmo sightseeing.