Sant Erasmo Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Sant Erasmo

Luxury travel into Venice

by suvanki Written Oct 21, 2007
    Water Taxi

Well I never thought that I would be able to say that I'd travelled by Water taxi in Venice, as a solo traveller the prices are out of my budget, and anyway I've enjoyed travelling by the Alilaguna water bus to/from the airport or by vaporetto.

However, I was thrilled to get the chance, especially as it was so unexpected, and I didn't have to pay anything!.

To be continued

• Luxury Travel

Exploring Sant' Erasmo on 2 wheels

by suvanki Updated Oct 13, 2007
    Bike Park at Sant'Erasmo Capannone Vaporetto stop

Sant Erasmo can be explored by bike. These can be hired from Il Lato Azzurro (see my accom tips) and possibly from the wharf near the Capannone vaporetto stop.

When I'd booked my accommodation, and realised that You could hire a bike to explore the narrow roads and sand dunes of the island, I imagined myself being taken back in time to a rural 1950s England, whizzing along country lanes on my 2 wheeler, with a pack of sandwiches and 'lashings of ginger beer'! However, not having ridden a bike since my teens (and never really enjoying the experience - I've still got scars on my knees from some of my accidents!) I decided to stick to walking.

I didn't get to see as much of the island as I would have liked, so next time I will give it a try.

Apparently during May to September at Weekends and public holidays You can transport Your bike on the ACTV waterbus between San Giuliana, Lido San Nicolo, Punta Sabbioni and Sant' Erasmo. Click on link for details.

So, if You want to get away from the crowds and the heat of Venice, or if You want to burn off a few calories, jump on the No 13 Vaporetto from Fondamente Nuova or Faro on Murano!

• Hiking and Walking
    • Cycling

Vaporetto No 13

by suvanki Written Jul 22, 2007
    Motoscaffo approaching Sant Erasmo

Vaporetto No 13 from Fondamente Nuovo takes You to Sant Erasmo. It passes by, or calls at other islands en route.
    Check before boarding that this is going to the destination that you want (I think Lazzaretto Nuova is a 'request stop'). On one journey, we called at San Michelle, but not on another. Murano, Vignole, Lazzareto Nuova and 3 stops on Sant Erasmo are the route 13.

I was staying on Sant Erasmo for 2 nights, so travelled on the 13 route a few times. The usual vessel was a motoscaffo - All the water buses tend to be called vaporetti (Vaporetto means little steamer, as they were originally steam powered) but this really applies to the large wider ferries that run on the slower routes. Motoscaffi are slimmer and therefore faster. Some look quite old, but they get up quite a speed when cutting across the lagoon.

From Fondamente Nuova, the No 13 leaves the quay to the right of the bridge (looking waterwards) at 4.25 4.55 5.40 6.05 7.10 8.00 8.30 9.00 10.00 11.00 12.15 13.15 14.15 15.30 16.30 17.30 18.30 19.35 20.45 21.45 and 22.30.
    The night service (Notturno Laguna Nord) leaves the quay to the left of the bridge at 23.20 0.00 0.55 1.55 and 2.57

From Sant Erasmo Capannone to Fondamente Nova -
    05.24 06.14 07.04 07.24 08.09 09.00 09.44 10.24 11.24 12.44 13.39 14.39 15.59 16.54 17.39 18.54 20.14 20.54 22.04 23.05 0.14 then night service - 1.21 2.31 and 4.01

• Gay and Lesbian

Instant Answers: Sant Erasmo

Comments

Sant Erasmo Transportation

Reviews and photos of Sant Erasmo transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Sant Erasmo sightseeing.