Torcello Transportation

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Vaporetto to Torcello

by suvanki Updated Feb 1, 2009

Vaporetto ready to depart Torcello

You can visit Torcello by Vaporetto, either on its own, or as a 'Island Hop' taking in a combination of San Michelle, Murano, Burano and Mazzorbo from Fondamente Nuova - located in Cannaregio sestieri. From San Zaccaria Vaporetto No 41, 42, 51 and 52 run to Fondamente Nuova.

I had intended travelling to Burano, then Torcello, but I'd just missed the Burano boat, So decided to go to Murano (Faro- lighthouse stop), then continue to Burano from there. I'd got my 72 hour tourist travel ticket - tickets can be purchased from ticket booths at Fondamente Nuova.

When the Burano boat pulled into Faro, I was amazed to see how full it was, and how many people, prams, and dogs were in front of me, hoping to get a place on board. Somehow, we all fitted on. (I've never been so cramped while travelling in Venice) By the time we stopped at Torcello, I decided enough was enough, and jumped ship!

As it was Christmas Day, the departure times didn't seem to fit with the timetables, and after reading my guide books etc, I thought that all Vaporettos called at Burano first, then Torcello.

Leaving Torcello, I decided to get on whichever Vaporetto came first, If I went to Burano or back to Venice, I didn't mind.

I'd heard a couple enquire if the Vaporetto stopped at Burano, which the 'conductor' said it did - I thought it had come from Burano, so when we docked at Mazzorbo, I wasn't sure whether to get off here, or wait to see if we stopped elsewhere. Too late, we were heading straight back from here to Murano, then Fondamente Nuova!

I Hope that I'll get the chance to visit Burano one day, it sounds quite interesting.

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo

Escaping

by freya_heaven Updated Nov 21, 2004

Torcello Pier

The photo is the Vapoetto pier on Torcello, We just missed a vaporetto, so it meant a 20 minute wait until the next one.

Freya had actually fallen asleep in her pushchair (unheard of!) so we had a gloriously peaceful 20 minutes sitting in the warm sun on the end of the pier, looking over to Venice and the other Islands,on our own...............Heaven! To get to Torcello get the Vaporetto number 12 from Fondamente Nouve (Venice) and the Number 14 from San Zaccaria (Venice)

• Architecture

• Mahieu's Profile Photo

vaporetto

by Mahieu Written Jul 9, 2004

To get to Torcello, take the 'T' vaporetto from Burano. It takes you there twice an hour in less than ten minutes. From the boat stop, it takes a small walk to get to the centre. Just wait a bit before you leave the boat stop. Otherwise, with all the other tourists, it looks like you're going to some summer festival, instead of to an almost deserted island. :-)

• calcaf38's Profile Photo

To get to Torcello

by calcaf38 Written Nov 21, 2009

Torcello can be reached via a short boat ride from Burano. The boat departs every half hour. An hour in Torcello is likely to be sufficient for most visitors.

Instant Answers: Torcello

Comments

Torcello Transportation

Reviews and photos of Torcello transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Torcello sightseeing.