Treviso Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Treviso

L'Albera: Traditional local dishes

by croisbeauty Updated Mar 11, 2014

Ristorante L'Albera

Restaurant L'Albera is situated closest to my hotel and I was curious to find out the meaning of "Qui cucina la Piera", what is write in front of it. Didn't ask, but I suppose it is the name of the well known cook, famous in the local area of Treviso.
    The restaurant offers limited number of traditional Trevigiano dishes and fresh fishes included.

Favorite Dish: Actuatlly, I didn't catch the name of the dish I ordered but trust me, it was delicious. The meat is of what the locals call "sorana", it is not calf nor even bullock but something in between. As a first dish I had excellent seafood salate, quarter of white wine and esspresso, which cost me all together 22,00 Euros.

Magnolia: Some more pictures of the restaurant Magnolia

by croisbeauty Written Mar 10, 2014
    hotel and restaurant Magnolia

Here you can see a few more pics of restaurant Magnolia. It is one of my favorite restaurant in whole of Veneto. To be honest, I have a special treatment in this restaurant since I am a very regular guest.
    You may ask what is the catch? Well, I prefer small family hotels outside of the city area with easy access and own parking, which is of major importance if traveling by car. When in Veneto, I usually stay in the hotel "Sole", which is less than 2 kilometers far from the restaurant Magnolia. The owner of hotel "Sole" is actually the son of the owners who run hotel and restaurant Magnolia. They are very nice people and I feel as suppose I am staying and eating among good friends.
    I highly recommend both hotels, "Sole" and "Magnolia", when one once stay and eat here will always like to come back again.

Restaurant Magnolia: Nice, elegant and inexpensive

by croisbeauty Updated Mar 10, 2014

Restaurant Magnolia

I prefer to have a supper in the restaurants outside the city centres, which are usualy overcrowded and impossible to park the car. "Magnolia" is situated on the local road in between Treviso and Mestre, in a small town of Preganziol. You can't miss it, it is right behind the hotel with the same name. It has huge parking place so you wont have any problem to park your car. The elegant interriors of the restaurant (check my pictures), and superb service offers you an very pleasant evening.

Favorite Dish: Besides the traditional local Trevigiano dishes, which are very good indeed, the restaurant offers fresh fishes like orata, branzino, dentice and calamari. I ordered grilled calamari (squid), quarter of local white wine and esspresso at the end, which cost me 21,55 Euros. Everything I had was delicious and I highly recommend this restaurant.

Al Antico Portico: Trattoria Trevigiana

by croisbeauty Updated Mar 10, 2014

Trattoria Al Antico Portico

When I saw this garden in front of Trattoria, my second thought was, this is my kind of place. Here I can eat and enjoy in a GOOD smoke, which is not possible in the most of the Italian restaurants today.

Favorite Dish: To tell you the truth, it was my lucky day. I ordered speciality of the house, which is called "Ganciale di vitello all'Antico Portico con polentina morbida". It is calf's meat which requires three hours of preparing and the dish was of superior quality. Actually, I even don't remember when I had such a good food in Italy lately, and the luch cost me less then 20 Euros.
    When in Treviso you absolutely have to eat in this trattoria!

• oriettaIT's Profile Photo

Zushi: Great sushi

by oriettaIT Written Jun 13, 2012

Sushi selection served on a boat

Zushi is a japanese restaurant chain that operate in different town of north east Italy.
    It is furnished in a clean and modern style that seems like a resemble of Japanese way of do stuff. The staff is welcoming and friendly.
    The restaurant is located on the north west side of Treviso circular road that run along the walls.
    I did not used it but it seems like they have a private parking in the back, otherwise parking there is a little sparse. It is open from 12.00 to 15.00 and from 18.30 to 24.00. Tuesday all day and Sunday lunch closed

Favorite Dish: We ordered a udon soup, a selection of 35 pieces of sushi and sashimi and we finished with a mango salad.
    The rolls were very good, fish was absolutely fresh and they gave us a generous portion of Wasabi and pickled ginger.
    Every table has two kind of soy sauce, normal and less salty which I appreciated as I do not like the normal super salty one..
    I ate in two of the Zushi restaurant so far, Vicenza and Treviso, and the latter has been much better.

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Gelateria Calmaggiore: Gelato On A Hot Day!

by painterdave Written May 27, 2012
    Front of Shop

Every Italian City has multiple gelato shops, and Treviso is one of them. This shop was found on the main street called Calmaggiore, near the domed cathedral. Italians eat gelato on cold days, too, so don't be bashful to taste this flavorful, soft, ice cream made in this very shop.
    (Actually most gelato shops make their own.)

Favorite Dish: Everyone has a favorite flavor, but mine is Nocciola.
    There is a price list that I have included in the photos below

• School Holidays

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Zushi: Sushi in Treviso???

by painterdave Written May 27, 2012
    Boat Load

Just across the street from the ring road that travels around the center of Treviso is Zushi, a corporate run restaurant also found in Vicenza, Mantova, Padova, Brescia, Modena and Bologna, all cities in Italy.
    After living near San Francisco I feel I know good sushi, and therefore I can tell you that this is a good place to find sushi and if I lived more near Treviso we would go there often. (Living near Padova)
    The sushi chefs are Japanese sushi makers who have been trained in Japan, so how can you miss?
    They feature fresh fish sushi that is, indeed fresh. You can order singles or a boat load....
    As you can see from the photo we ordered a plate of many different kinds, and I recommend all of these, except.. there is one that has cream cheese, which is not my favorite. All the others are standard sushi, with ample cuts of fish.
    The website I have included here is their take out page....

Favorite Dish: Living in the Veneto it is a joy to get fresh tuna. This would be my favorite as it has not been frozen first. The salmon is also very tasty. The rice used for the sushi was exceptionally tasty, just the perfect blend of compact and sweet. Of all the sushi we have tried in the Veneto, this place makes the best. We have also tried the Zushi in Vicenza, and it is my opinion that Treviso's Zushi is just a bit better.
    Prices always for sushi anywhere are high. Therefore, I have used the category average prices, but this is for sushi only, not compared to pasta places.
    You can watch the sushi makers, behind glass windows, and if you have children, I am sure they will want to see the action.

• kcggrl's Profile Photo

Samba Grill: Variety and great value for your Euro

by kcggrl Written Feb 12, 2010

Being new to Treviso, and after eating out almost every night for 3 weeks, it was great to find an alternative to Pizza and Trattorias in the downtown Treviso area. I walked by the Samba Grill a few times and it had been closed during the day but I liked the look of it. I mentioned this place to my boyfriend and we went to check it out.

The food was great, the ambiance was also nice with music and dance lessons going on. We were welcomed by Luca who brought us two welcome drinks and proceeded to tell us it was a buffet (drinks were included) for the price of 25 Euros per person. I'm not a big meat eater but if you are, this is definitely a good value.

I hope to go back soon and sign up for the Samba lessons -- also a great value (three months for 100 Euro per person).

Favorite Dish: Buffet style with Brazillian food buffet. Grilled meat brought to your table. It's a different experience, not typical Italian.

• Music
    • Business Travel

Caffetteria Signiore & Signiori: Sip on coffee & watch life in Treviso

by STEFZAMM Updated Mar 10, 2009

Caffetteria Signiore & Signiori - Treviso

We didn't have time to stop for coffee in this caffetteria but we did pop in to see if they also serve food. The inside is nice but the best seatings are outside on Piazza dei Signiori. They mostly serve hot and cold drinks and have a very limited food menu but if I had to visit Treviso again I will definetely leave a few minutes for a quick coffee here.

Favorite Dish: I have not tried it but if not the best dish or best coffee it definetely has the best position, exactly in the square.

• Seniors

• STEFZAMM's Profile Photo

Pizzeria La Finestra - 7/10: Good plate of pasta in Treviso.

Pizzeria La Finestra - Treviso

We arrived at this Pizzeria at 2.00 in the afternoon, the restaurant was still open but I guess they were about to close because they refused making us pizza and we had to choose something else. The staff were not welcoming perhaps because they were about to close or perhaps because we walked in with all our luggages just before we headed to the airport, well me and my boyfriend had a quick plate of pasta following the news that on the last few minutes in Treviso they refused to make us pizza but to our delight the pasta was delicious!. Its closed on Thursday.

Favorite Dish: Pasta con ragu.

Caffetteria Cavour - 8/10: Coffee Break

Antoine & I at Caffetteria Cavour - Treviso

This must be the busiest coffee shop in the whole Treviso, locals where going in and leaving out with hands full of food every 1 1/2 min! .. so we thought we'll try it out. The place is very small with a few seating capacity and a side bar where the staff can prepare hot and cold drinks, sweet and savoury pastries along with freshly made mouth watering baquets and tramezzini. We had one of the best capuccino here.

Favorite Dish: 10/10 for the capuccino.

Pizzeria da Pasqualino - 10/10: King of Pizza

by STEFZAMM Updated Mar 9, 2009

More of the best pizzas in Treviso

We were lucky that in quiet Treviso on a Thursday night this pizzeria was still open and that as soon as we opened the doors we were welcome with this big smile by the staff, it was very welcoming not to mention the smell of the pizza which brought a big smile on all of our faces. We ordered drinks straight away but were long scrolling through pages on the menu to find that pizza that we wanted to taste. As a VT member I went through this 'never seen like it before menu' must have had around 50 pizza if not more, I did start counting to be honest to let you know all about it on VT but the list was never ending and if all of the pizza were as good and tasty as the 4 pizzas that we ordered then this pizzeria must be a one big gem! The Very friendly staff brought our pizza in 10 to 15min and the four of us that night loved those pizzas. Best pizzas I've ever seen and tasted and this is coming from someone who lives very close to Italy, is used to Italian restaurants and have been in Italy several times yet no one beats Pasqualino the pizza was fantastic! - I was going to forget to mention the prices !!!! Its also SO CHEAP, the prices start from 6 euro to 9 euro to 12 euro max. It is closed on Tuesdays!

Favorite Dish: I had mine with parma ham, rucola and parmesan cheese, tasted even the others' and I can tell you they were all so good so just check what ingredients you like, as pizza at da pasqualino are all good.

Brek Restaurant - 4/10: Fast Lunch

by STEFZAMM Updated Mar 9, 2009

Brek is also found in Treviso, so if in a hurry but would rather eat a plate of food rather than a baquet, Brek will be simply perfect. Brek is a number of kiosk cooking food infront of you, you collect your own plate and drink and go to that kiosk that is cooking the food that you would like to have, then move to the cash point and then off to a table. The best thing about Brek is that the service can be fast and that most of the food is freshly cooked infront of you. The prices are also very reasonable. The only reason I would downgrade Brek is for the taste, the food is good but it lacks taste, everything was plain flavoured, for example the pasta sauces were almost tasteless. So if in Treviso a quick lunch would be better off if you opt for a baquet in one of the take away or small coffee shop places.

Favorite Dish: If in a rush I would pick the choice of the day, no dish I can call favourite.

• littlebush's Profile Photo

English Pub: English Pub

by littlebush Written Dec 6, 2008

On Via Roma, this is an english pub, well, its called 'english pub' but i have no idea why when nothing about it was english!
    the menu certainly wasnt english, the beer wasnt and the atmosphere wasnt. strange.
    two of us had a salad and chips and a glass of wine and a pint of beer, and it come to 14.50 euros.

• Wondertime's Profile Photo

Da Pasqualino: Ristorante Pizzeria "Da Pasqualino"

by Wondertime Written Jul 29, 2008

It has not a neapolitan pizza. But it's pizza is really good. It has a wide choice of pizzas. It is near the train station (it close late in the night). To reach it just go straight on outside the station then at left toward the McDonald or the Kebab shop. Not too far than 1 km by the train station.

Favorite Dish: Pizza Ortolana

• School Holidays

Instant Answers: Treviso

Comments

Treviso Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Treviso restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Treviso sightseeing.