In front of Cacciatore hotel, from the left, standing:
1. Roberto (ARoman) from Rome, Italy
2. Carolina (piccolina) from Como, Italy
3. Firas (dr.firas) from Europe (France; Italy soon?)
4. Sara (Sarita76) from Rome, Italy;
5. Paola (paoseo) from Trieste, Italy
6. Meta (MetaMihelcic) from Ljubljana, Slovenia.
In front of Cacciatore hotel, from the left:
1. Paola (paoseo) from Trieste, Italy
2. Roberto (ARoman) from Rome, Italy
3. Carolina (piccolina) from Como, Italy
4. Firas (dr.firas) from Europe (France; Italy soon?)
5. Sara (Sarita76) from Rome, Italy.
The three specators of belly dancing, from the left:
- Lothar Lerch (Lotharlerch) from Telfs, Austria,
- Michael (globetrott) from Steyr, Austria
- Roberto (ARoman) from Rome, Italy.
Let me introduce the list of my foundiest memories that is of the participants of the first official European VT-meeting Verona 2005 (6 - May 2005):
1. alusru - Ursula from Vienna, Austria
2 + 3. ANNAD - Lilla from Rapallo, Italy + Federica
4. Ariadne555 - Maria from Madrid, Spain
5. ARoman - Roberto from Rome, Italy
6. Aurorae - Jelena from Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
7 + 8. Azhut - Azzurra from Livorno, Italy + Lorenzo
9. BarbaraForza - Barbara from Trieste, Italy
10. Beach_dog - Stace from Marbella, Spain
11. benazer - Az from London, United Kingdom
12. bradbrown - Bradley Brown from Wichita, Kansas, USA
13. B_Caro - Caroline from Mechelen, Belgium
14. cachaseiro - Claus Andersen from Denmark
15. Carmela71 - Carmen from Marbella, Spain
16. co48 - Co from the Netherlands
17. croisbeauty - Boris from Zagreb, Croatia
18. Daja123 - Darja from Slovenia
19. dr.firas - Firas from Europe
20 + 21 + 22. effeti - Francesco T. from Verona, Italy + Laura + family's friend.
To be continued in the next tip.
Valeggio is beautifully situated between the Lombardy and Veneto regions of northern Italy. It is south of Lake Garda and overlooks the Po Valley - a truly green part of Italy and such a great off the beat path place to explore inbetween the VT meals that we enjoyed. Its not a place I had heard of before but I could definitely return to this area nad explore more.
A good overview of the town can be seen from the castle viewpoint.
We left Valeggio on Monday morning, 9 May, 2005. First we picked up Anne (Xemx from Attard, Malta) to Brescia Airport (approx. 1 hour). Haha, I was a bit nervous because that airport was NOT marked on my new (?) road atlas of Italy but... the way was luckily well signed.
Anne, we both, Urszula and I, liked your company a lot and we have to meet again sooner or later. Welcome to Poland :-).
On Sunday, 8 May 2005, we (Urszula, my wife and I) picked up Maria (Mariajoy from East Sussex, United Kingdom) from Cacciatore hotel to Villafranca Airport (approx. 30 min.).
Maria, we both were very glad to meet you and... we have to meet again :-). Welcome to Poland :-)
Participants of the first official European VT-meeting by country:
Austria - 3
Belgium - 3
Bulgaria - 1
Canada - 1
Croatia - 1
Denmark - 1
France - 4 (incl. 1 not a VT-member)
FYR of Macedonia - 1
Germany - 2
Hungary - 1
Ireland - 2 (incl. 1 not a VT-member)
Italy - 26 (incl. 7 not VT-members)
Malta - 1
Netherlands - 3
Pakistan - 1
Poland - 3
Serbia and Montenegro - 1
Slovenia - 4
Spain - 4
Sweden - 3 (incl. 2 not VT-members)
United Kingdom - 7 (incl. 1 not a VT-member)
USA - 5
Carmen and Stace were leaving our Cacciatore hotel very early in the morning on Monday. So, we said them goodbuy on Sunday evening.
The next day, when I came downstairs to eat breakfast the woman at the lobby gave me... a bottle of wine with a card with greetings attached. It was from Carmen and Stace... It was very, very nice surprice, thank you very much my friends :-)
Fondest memory: This guy in a suit was an owner or a chief of staff in Alla Borsa restaurant. He was very nice and every few minutes he asked us what we wanted and wether we were satisfied... Urszula and I called him... Don Corleone :-).
From the left:
1. Gerry - the USA
2. Ursula - Austria
3. Gillian - United Kingdom
4. Carmen - Spain
5. Stace - Spain
6. Anne (almost not seen) - Malta
7. Brad - the USA
8. Walter - the Netherlands
9. Els - Belgium
10. Urszula - Poland
11. Dannie - Belgium
12. Stephanie - the USA.
Hmm... I am the 13th (Poland).
Fondest memory: Gerry (Gerry from Westlake Village, California, USA), the sun of California, surely came with sweet soul of VT - Stephanie (Stephanie) from Manhattan Beach, California, USA.
Fondest memory: Carmen presents Polish version of Kinga's (kinga_freespirit from Gdansk, Poland) book on her 5-years travel around the world: "Led by destiny". Carmen, are you going to learn Polish language? :-)
On the picture:
1. Gerry (Gerry) from Westlake Village, California, USA
2. Stephanie (Stephanie) from Manhattan Beach, California, USA.
Continued from the previous tip:
23. garibaldi - Pietro from Italy
24. Gerry - Gerry from Westlake Village, California, USA
25 + 26 + 27. giampiero6 - Giampiero from Marina del Rey, California, USA + parents
28. GillianMcLaughlin - Gillian McLaughlin from Scotland, United Kingdom
29. globetrott - Michael from Steyr, Austria
30. HORSCHECK - Holger from Germany
31. irisbe - Dannie from Antwerp, Belgium
32 + 33. IU2 - Eugenio from Tradate, Italy + his wife Enrica
34. jessica-b - Jessica from London, United Kingdom
35 + 36. JLBG - Jean-Louis from Grenoble, France + Françoise
37. kaptainkameleon - Stefano from Calgary, Canada
38. kenadams - Daniel from Florence, Italy
39. kinga_freespirit - Kinga from Gdansk, Poland
40. KristaB - Kristina from Slovenia
41. Kulprit - Declan Cassidy from Dublin, Ireland + Ken
42. Lotharlerch - Lothar Lerch from Telfs, Austria
43. Mahieu - Els from Belgium
44 + 45. mapakettle - Ma and Pa from Padova, Italy.
To be continued in the next tip.