Valeggio sul Mincio Transportation

AT VILLAFRANCA AIRPORT
    by matcrazy1
    NOTICE THE ABBREVATIONS DEL. G. & D.G.
    by matcrazy1
  • INVASION OF  MOTORBIKES TO SIGURTA GARDENS :-)
    INVASION OF MOTORBIKES TO SIGURTA...

Most Recent Transportation in Valeggio sul Mincio

On foot without any map

by matcrazy1 Written May 20, 2005

The best, more, even the only way to visit Valeggio sul Mincio is walking around it's tiny old center/downtown. Well, I didn't find any map of town. The only map I found was the schematic map of Scaligero Castle in Italian language, on my picture.

Well, I can't complain. The downtown/center is small, not so easy to get lost. Just in case... look up to find out two characteristic orientation points: high edifice of St. Peter's church and the Scaligieri castle on the top of a hill.

MAP  OF  SCALIGERO  CASTLE
    • Hiking and Walking

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Watch colour of direction signs

by matcrazy1 Updated May 20, 2005

There are numerous direction signs put on (and rarely in front of) crossroads of Italian roads, especially in cities and towns. Usually there is not enough time to read them all while you are driving, especially in cities.

My first recommendation is to remember basic colour pattern of the signs:
    - those with white letters on blue show directions and kilometers (Pozzolo 6) to other towns/cities; they are usually put on the top;
    - those with black letters on orange or white show directions to various accommodations and/or restaurants;
    - those with white letters on brown - to tourist attractions.

DIRECTION  SIGNS  IN  VALEGGIO  SUL  MINCIO
    • Motorcycle
    • Cycling

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Sidewalks for pedastrians and bicycles

by matcrazy1 Updated May 20, 2005

This traffic sign, on my picture, was put together with ban on stopping sign along quite many streets of Vallegio center. It seems that sidewalks are shared by pedestrians and fans of bicycles even when they are of European size (= narrow).

I've heard that traffic signs in all countries of European Union (25 now) are identical but... it is (still?) not at all truth :-). I have never seen such sign in Poland for example.

EXCLUSIVELY FOR  PEDESTRIANS AND BICYCLES

HOUSE CAR-MOTOR HOME

by Toyin Updated May 16, 2005

Here they are? EUGENIO and his wife!!! It was a relieve to see this pair..We were late for the dinner 'I thought aloud'...'Don't worry, we'll catch up'. After exchanging pleasantries, " will you like to take something?" ..Ok, Water would be fine..I said. And so the journey by road to Valeggio sul Mincio began. They were great couples!

EUGENIO, agreed that, if I can get him to Nigeria..he will design my future house in Nigeria free of charge..he is an achitect.

I will get him to Nigeria for sure!

EUGENIO and wife

RYANAIR BUSES

by Toyin Updated May 16, 2005

The Rynair buses were numerous and swamming all over the arrival point, but, they couldn't assist me. I was waiting for EUGENIO to pick me up! This is because this bus only ply within the town, and I was heading to Valeggio sul Mincio which is still about 100 kilometers from this airport!

I didn't wait for too long as I could communicate with Ali, and Barbra who are already at the dinner reception at the hotel in Valeggio. It was about 1930hrs!

RYANAIR BUS

RYNAIR

by Toyin Updated May 16, 2005

Initially, it was difficult to get a plane that would take me directly to Verona, untill Ali suggested this airline which usually take off from Beauvais, a quiet town of about 100 kilometers from my office in Paris 16th.

This would only take me as far as Bergamo airport, as I still have to drive another 100 kilometers to Valeggio Sul Mincio..Thanks to the arrangements by Barbra! and my dear friend (EUGENIO) who you will see under road transport.

RYNAIR

Private Cars

by Toyin Written May 16, 2005

Hey! Are we lost?..we are we??Call the police???
    Some Vtiers with very low threshold for getting missing, seems to be anxious here. Some Romeos and Juliet have taken us completely off course..

However, It was great fun to be lost in Verona!!!

Getting Lost for a minute!

Private Cars

by Toyin Written May 16, 2005

You may not understand what is happening here!...This is Irisbe showing some form of frustration here! The summary is that..because of the type of Romeojulieisms I describe above.. the entire VT group got lost! The lead vechicle took us completely off course!
    But, it wasn't our car! So, we continued for a while and the few times our car try to lead..it was a disaster!!!

Somehow, we got to the lunch venue by share luck.

Got lost?

• Toyin's Profile Photo

CAROLINA AND Dr. Firras CAR!!!

by Toyin Written May 16, 2005

To move around the networks, we have to form groups. So, I found myself in the company of the Romeos and Julietas!!!

Onboad this vessel wereCarolina (Pilot), Dr Firas..(Co Pilot).. Ali, and Co..Another Romeo, and Jullietares...Donc, I just suffered throught these trip for nothing..I have to pretend not to see what went on most of the times while driving to the place for the lunch and subsequently to Verona for the night party!!!

How I survived is still a miracle...I simply fasten my sit-belt as tightly as posible..because most times Dr Firas wont allow Carolina to concentrate on her driving..Multiple kisses et all..hmmmm!

Next VT meet,..I will surely retaliate.

Romeo and Juliet Transport!!!

MOTOR HOME

by Toyin Written May 16, 2005

Yes, thats the motor home belonging to EUGENIO, and my mode of transport to Valeggio Sul Mincio from Bergamo!
    Great Isn't it..my first time of riding in such a house!

He showed me round the 'complex' At least about 4-5 people could conviniently sleep inside this house on the road!!!

It was a great ride, and I thank this couple and Barbra that made it possible.

EUGENIO's Motor Home

Flights from 46 € !

by matcrazy1 Updated May 13, 2005

Example cheap air fares (total prices with all taxes included; R/T per person around the time of the VT-meeting = 6-8 May 2005):

Brussels (CRL) --> Treviso (TSF) by Ryanair: 78.68 €

Paris (BVA) --> Treviso (TSF) by Ryanair: 50.32 €

Frankfurt Hahn (HHN) to Treviso (TSF) by Ryanair: 68.38 €

Budapest (BUD) to Bergamo (BGY) by SkyEurope: 13,058.65 HUF (52.85 €)

Amsterdam (AMS) to Verona (VRN) by Transavia: 122.88 €

Krakow (KRK) to Bergamo (BGY) by SkyEurope: 195 PLN (46.17 €)

Bratislava (BTS) to Bergamo (BGY) by SkyEurope: 1855,39 SKK (46.94 €)

Girona - Barcelona (GRO) to Treviso (TSF) by Ryanair: 68.47 €

London Gatwick (LGW) to Venice (VCE) by EasyJet: 30.98 GBP (45.88 €)

Coventry (CVT) to Venice (VCE) by Thomsonfly: 53.23 GBP

New York City (JFK) ---> Verona (VRN) US$610.05 by Alitalia.

Buon Viaggio :-).

P.S. From Sara (Sarita76) from Rome:
    Add my Ryanair Rome - Brescia flight for only 26,00 Euro, 3 hours delay included :-). Haha, thank you, Sara!

BUON VIAGGIO :-)

Location and my itinerary

by matcrazy1 Updated May 13, 2005

Valeggio sul Mincio is located 25 km southwest of Verona - map here. Look at Ristorante Al Cacciatore where main VT-meeting hotel (l'albergo) Al Cacciatore is located.

Being from crazy (barbarian, Eastern, great, wild, secret, fantastic - choose what you want) Eastern Europe (Poland) I didn't go to the meeting by cheap airlines. They went from my part of Poland exclusively to Germany and London, UK which made them unusuful for me (not that cheap and not that fast). Well, there were to Bergamo, Italy as well but...

I drove from Tychy, Poland to Valeggio sul Mincio (1121 km one way) this small, dark green Toyota Yaris of matcrazy0. I, as usual drove zig-zag. so I did over 3,000 km :-). It's for sure more tiring but much more interesting as well, right?

ITINERARY

I drove to Italy through Czech Republic (Cesky Tesin - Olomouc - Brno - Mikulov) and Austria (Drasenhofen - Wien - Graz - Klagenfurt - Villach - Tarvisio).

On the way, in northern Italy, I visited Venzone (again!), Gemona di Friuli, Pordenone, Castelfranco Veneto, Cittadella (sleeping there), Montecchio, Lonigo, Cologna Veneta, Montagnana and Soave.

During my stay in Vallegio sul Mincio I took day trips around the Garda Lake and visited Salo, Gardone Riviera, Peschiera del Garda, Toscolano-Maderno, Riva, Nago-Torbole and Malcesine. On the first day of VT-meeting I took loop drive around mountains west and north of Garda Lake and visited Valvestiono Lake, mountain village of Magasa, Valvestino, Idro, Ampola and Ledro Lake. Well, I was almost late to the VT-meeting... Haha, the mountain drive was amazing!

On the last day, after the meeting I visited (again) Verona and drove back Poland through Slovenia visiting Celje (sleeping there), Austria (visiting Poysdorf) and Czech Republic.

11 May at 7.30 am I was back at work :-((( and... :-).

MY  SMALL  DARK  GREEN  TRANSPORTATION :-)

Caro and the Car

by sandysmith Updated May 12, 2005

We arrived in Valeggio by car which Caro had kindly hired from Bergamo airport. It took just over an hour if driving direct - but we did a detour to Lake Garda first in the morning :-)
    Thank you Caro for driving us and your company and of course Dannie (irisbe) too :-))

let the journey begin....

Golf Buggy

by sandysmith Updated May 11, 2005

Dave had always wanted to drive one of these golf buggies so in Sigurta Park when we had just an hour or so before leaving Valegggio for the VT lunch, this was our best (and as it turned out the cheapest) option for us. Hire was 12 euros per hour and could accommodate up to 4 peopl, whereas for walking it would be 8.5 euros each!. Pssport was kept as security for its return! There are paths marked out which you have to follow but you can stop and explore wherever you want. It virtually follows the tourist train route for the 7 km.

Dave in the driving seat!

Sigurta Park Tourist Train

by sandysmith Updated May 11, 2005

A tourist train is availbale in the Park - cost 2.50 euros for adults, children under 6 and disabledd there is no charge. Good if less mobile but no stops are made on the 7km "Enchanted Path" route that it takes in.

tourist train
    • Trains

Instant Answers: Valeggio sul Mincio

Comments

Valeggio sul Mincio Transportation

Reviews and photos of Valeggio sul Mincio transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Valeggio sul Mincio sightseeing.

View all Valeggio sul Mincio hotels