Valeggio sul Mincio Transportation

AT VILLAFRANCA AIRPORT
    by matcrazy1
    NOTICE THE ABBREVATIONS DEL. G. & D.G.
    by matcrazy1
  • INVASION OF  MOTORBIKES TO SIGURTA GARDENS :-)
    INVASION OF MOTORBIKES TO SIGURTA...

Best Rated Transportation in Valeggio sul Mincio

• mapakettle's Profile Photo

Train from Padova to Peschiera...crowded

by mapakettle Updated May 22, 2005

cute sardine huh?

Train fares from Padova to Peschiera was slightly more than 9 euro second class on IC, and trains run frequently along this heavily travelled route.

As you can see from the picture, Ma Kettle has to sit on the little auxilliary seats that fold into the wall along the train corridor. A real nuisance because everyone walking past bumps you with their baggage, and the TrenItalia fellow wheels his beverage cart along this route, forcing everybody to pick up their bags and evacuate temporarily. Paola, Baby Kettle and myself were forced to occupy space outside the coach compartment standing guard beside the washroom. What a choice spot that was...

It was the same way returning after the weekend. Not a big deal, as the trip is slightly more than one hour. Some fellow leaned out of his compartment and started chatting with Ma Kettle. It appears he saw the Canadian flags on our bags, heard her speak in her Calabrese dialect, knew I was a lost cause, and proceeded to tell her his life story. Ma collects them everywhere she goes. I swear she must have 'speak to me' printed on her forehead.

• Seniors

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo

Down to Borghetto

by croisbeauty Written Apr 17, 2005

mama, che macchina

In occasion of the 1st European VT meeting, Il Sindaco (the Mail) have established the new line from Valeggio sul Mincio to nearby Borghetto and vice versa. Departure in front of hotel "Al Cacciatore", arrival in front of restaurant "San Marco".
    The ride is free, for VT members, in both directions, except for the VT stuff (still negotiating the price).

• JLBG's Profile Photo

Organic train ?

by JLBG Written May 9, 2005

Valeggio sul Mincio is easily reached by road but if you prefer to come by train, I am not sure that this one, though pretty, will be the fastest way to reach the VT meeting. If I was you, I will consider finding another way of transportation, otherwise, you should miss the meeting.

RYANAIR BUSES

RYANAIR BUS

The Rynair buses were numerous and swamming all over the arrival point, but, they couldn't assist me. I was waiting for EUGENIO to pick me up! This is because this bus only ply within the town, and I was heading to Valeggio sul Mincio which is still about 100 kilometers from this airport!

I didn't wait for too long as I could communicate with Ali, and Barbra who are already at the dinner reception at the hotel in Valeggio. It was about 1930hrs!

RYNAIR

RYNAIR

Initially, it was difficult to get a plane that would take me directly to Verona, untill Ali suggested this airline which usually take off from Beauvais, a quiet town of about 100 kilometers from my office in Paris 16th.

This would only take me as far as Bergamo airport, as I still have to drive another 100 kilometers to Valeggio Sul Mincio..Thanks to the arrangements by Barbra! and my dear friend (EUGENIO) who you will see under road transport.

HOUSE CAR-MOTOR HOME

EUGENIO and wife

Here they are? EUGENIO and his wife!!! It was a relieve to see this pair..We were late for the dinner 'I thought aloud'...'Don't worry, we'll catch up'. After exchanging pleasantries, " will you like to take something?" ..Ok, Water would be fine..I said. And so the journey by road to Valeggio sul Mincio began. They were great couples!

EUGENIO, agreed that, if I can get him to Nigeria..he will design my future house in Nigeria free of charge..he is an achitect.

I will get him to Nigeria for sure!

• Toyin's Profile Photo

CAROLINA AND Dr. Firras CAR!!!

by Toyin Written May 16, 2005

Romeo and Juliet Transport!!!

To move around the networks, we have to form groups. So, I found myself in the company of the Romeos and Julietas!!!

Onboad this vessel wereCarolina (Pilot), Dr Firas..(Co Pilot).. Ali, and Co..Another Romeo, and Jullietares...Donc, I just suffered throught these trip for nothing..I have to pretend not to see what went on most of the times while driving to the place for the lunch and subsequently to Verona for the night party!!!

How I survived is still a miracle...I simply fasten my sit-belt as tightly as posible..because most times Dr Firas wont allow Carolina to concentrate on her driving..Multiple kisses et all..hmmmm!

Next VT meet,..I will surely retaliate.

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Golf Buggy

by sandysmith Updated May 11, 2005

Dave in the driving seat!

Dave had always wanted to drive one of these golf buggies so in Sigurta Park when we had just an hour or so before leaving Valegggio for the VT lunch, this was our best (and as it turned out the cheapest) option for us. Hire was 12 euros per hour and could accommodate up to 4 peopl, whereas for walking it would be 8.5 euros each!. Pssport was kept as security for its return! There are paths marked out which you have to follow but you can stop and explore wherever you want. It virtually follows the tourist train route for the 7 km.

Private Cars

by Toyin Written May 16, 2005

Getting Lost for a minute!

Hey! Are we lost?..we are we??Call the police???
    Some Vtiers with very low threshold for getting missing, seems to be anxious here. Some Romeos and Juliet have taken us completely off course..

However, It was great fun to be lost in Verona!!!

MOTOR HOME

EUGENIO's Motor Home

Yes, thats the motor home belonging to EUGENIO, and my mode of transport to Valeggio Sul Mincio from Bergamo!
    Great Isn't it..my first time of riding in such a house!

He showed me round the 'complex' At least about 4-5 people could conviniently sleep inside this house on the road!!!

It was a great ride, and I thank this couple and Barbra that made it possible.

Private Cars

Got lost?

You may not understand what is happening here!...This is Irisbe showing some form of frustration here! The summary is that..because of the type of Romeojulieisms I describe above.. the entire VT group got lost! The lead vechicle took us completely off course!
    But, it wasn't our car! So, we continued for a while and the few times our car try to lead..it was a disaster!!!

Somehow, we got to the lunch venue by share luck.

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Caro and the Car

by sandysmith Updated May 12, 2005

let the journey begin....

We arrived in Valeggio by car which Caro had kindly hired from Bergamo airport. It took just over an hour if driving direct - but we did a detour to Lake Garda first in the morning :-)
    Thank you Caro for driving us and your company and of course Dannie (irisbe) too :-))

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

By low cost airlines to northern Italy (1/2)

by matcrazy1 Updated Apr 15, 2005

BRITISH  AIRWAYS  AIRPLANE  IN  WARSAW (WAW)

LOW COST AIRLINES:

Dusseldorf (DUS) and Berlin Tegel (TXL) to Bergamo (BGY) by Airberlin
    Cologne/Bonn (CGN) to Verona (VRN) by Germanwings
    Frankfurt Hahn (HHN) to Treviso (TSF) by Ryanair
    Berlin Schonefeld (SXF) to Pisa (PSA) or Milan Linate (LIN) by Easyjet
    Berlin Tegel (TXL), Hamburg (HAM), Hanover (HAJ), Cologne/Bonn (CGN) and Stuttgart (STR) to Venice (VCE) or to Pisa (PSA, except from Hamburg) by Hapag Lloyd Express

HUNGARY
    Budapest (BUD) to Venice (VCE) or Bergamo (BGY) by SkyEurope

NETHERLANDS
    Amsterdam Schiphol (AMS) to Milan Linate (LIN) by Virgin Express
    Amsterdam Schiphol (AMS) to Pisa (PSA), Treviso (TSF), Bergamo (BGY), Genoa (GOA) or Verona (VRN) by Transavia.

To be continued in the next tip.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Airports covered by low cost airlines

by matcrazy1 Updated Mar 19, 2005

IN  A  PLANE

There are the following airports covered by low cost airlines in northern Italy (in order of distance to Verona):

1. 12 km - Verona - Valerio Catullo Airport (VRN)

2. 52 km - Brescia - Aeroporto Gabriele D'Annunzio (VBS)

3. 100 km - Bergamo - Orio Al Serio Airport (BGY)

4. 110 km - Venice - Aeroporto Marco Polo (VCE)

5. 110 km - Treviso - San Angelo Airport (TSF)

6. 130 km - Bologna - G Marconi Airport (BLQ)

7. 170 km - Milan - Linate Airport (LIN)

8. 240 km - Trieste - Aeroporto Friuli Venezia Giulia (TRS)

9. 280 km - Pisa International Airport (PSA)

10. 280 km - Genoa C. Colombo Airport (GOA)

11. 300 km - Turin International Airport (TRN)

If you are going to join VT meeting in Valeggio sul Mincio try to arrive to the first three (eventually 5) airports.

Tips on cheap airlines

by matcrazy1 Updated Mar 21, 2005

BRAVE  MATCRAZY0  ONBOARD :-)

Before you start to look for cheap air fares keep in mind that:

1. low cost airlines sometimes go bancrupt; well, next airlines are founded each year; the oldest and best known low-cost airlines in Europe are EasyJet and Rynair; I suggest to check first up-to-date low-cost airlines in European Budget Airlines (Europe only) and in LowCostAirlines.org (worldwide).

2. the cheapest tickets are for mid week flights. They are almost non-existent at Holiday periods such as Easter.

3. the cheapest tickets are mainly sold on a first come, first served basis. You will need to look for tickets as soon as they are released. Get on the mailing lists for the airlines.

4. tickets are always electronic, there are no meals onboard, no frequent fliers programs and the airports are often far from city

5. your final air fare (with airport taxes) is higher than that one seen in advertisements

6. check exactly which airport you fly to, the low cost airlines advertise flights to Bratislava, Slovakia as to Wien, Austria or they say Milan instead of Bergamo.

7. Some non low cost airlines (more and more) offer good discounts as well, in Europe for sure British Airways, KLM and Air France.

SEARCHING FOR GOOD DEAL
    Looking for good air-fare I used to check first four multi-search engines:
    1. WhichBudget.com - great portal and Europe's largest directory of budget airlines in 16 languages :-)
    2. Openjet.com - virtual airline when I can compare, combine and book low-cost tickets with the low-cost airlines (in Europe only)
    3. SearchLowestFares.com - multi search engine which gives quite good results
    4. Virtual Tourist sponsored links and search for flight tool (click on "Flight" above on this page, please).

Good luck :-)

Instant Answers: Valeggio sul Mincio

Comments

Valeggio sul Mincio Transportation

Reviews and photos of Valeggio sul Mincio transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Valeggio sul Mincio sightseeing.

View all Valeggio sul Mincio hotels