Frary's, Venice

Mint tea
  • oriettaIT's Profile Photo

Frary's: Oriental food

by oriettaIT Written Jun 1, 2012

We tried this restaurant because we are always curious about different food and sometimes we get tired to eat pasta and the other Italian things.
    The restaurant is small and a little shabby with red and black furniture that make you think it was a Chinese restaurant before. The location is very nice, right in front of the Frari church in the center of Venice.
    The owner was helpful and willing to explain their menu to help the customer choose.
    They have a good menu with Greek, Libyan an Lebanese food, some different wines and beers to try. Their portions are good and most of the plates include vegetables. There are some vegetarian choices.

Favorite Dish: We had a mixed appetizers plate with falafel, veggie skewer with feta cheese, tzatziky sauce and tahine.
    We tried some of their main courses, the spicy pork one was very good, also the shrimps plate.
    We skip desert but they had a nice selection. My friends had Turkish coffee that was good and I tried the mint tea witch was excellent!
    I will go back next time I visit Venice as I am willing to try other of their specialties, they are moderately priced compared to most of the restaurant in Venice and a pleasant experience.

Appetizer Spicy pork Shrimp chicken cous cous Mint tea
    • Wine Tasting

• AgentJX's Profile Photo

Frary's: Great Greek food

by AgentJX Updated Jul 10, 2003

The business card for Frary's says "Cucina Mediorientale: Specialita Arabe e Greche". It should also include that the service is excellent and the feeling of the resturant is very comfortable. In addition the food here was great! Between two people not one item we had was below excellent. The staff were very friendly and seemed to truly appricate our business. They even offered to buy us a glass of dessert wine. When I return to Venice I will make it a point to go back.

Favorite Dish: I could not pick a favorite, but everything was very flavorful, cooked well, and represented authentic food from Greece and the Mediterranean world. The dishes truly hit the spot after a long day of walking around Venice.

Instant Answers: Venice

Comments

Hotels Near Frary's
5.0 out of 5 stars