Ristorante Da Nino, Venice

• starship's Profile Photo

Ristorante da Nino: On the Grand Canal

by starship Updated Jun 21, 2011

Ristoranti da Nino as our waiter emerges

There were several small restaurants near our hotel, including "Ristorante da Nino", which has a few tables along the Grand Canal and which we chose for one of our evening meals. It was a satisfactory choice as the food was fine, the service good, and the outdoor setting interesting if not quiet.

My husband and son's choices of speghetti with garlic sauce, and my ham & cheese panini were tasty, but portions could have been larger to be more filling. There were breadsticks on the table, but no other accompaniments came with the meals (as it would at home) if I remember correctly. As is fairly typical of Italian restaurants, other items such as a salad or garlic bread would be priced a la carte. We order a large bottle of water to share and finished the meal with cappucinos. I can't remember the exact bill total, but it was probably 40 - 45 Euros (still an expensive meal for only 3 when the exchange rate is as unfavorable as ours and the meal was so light).

Unfortunately, I really have no idea if this restaurant even had inside seating or not, and admittedly it really was the white & burgandy-colored tableclothes that attracted us, but the food certainly tasted homemade and the price was right. Don't choose this restaurant if you want a special experience though.

Favorite Dish: The speghetti with garlic sauce was very tasty, as was my ham & cheese panini; however, at Ristorante da Nino, the panini is really more like a toasted, regular bread sandwich. This restaurant is a good choice if you want a light meal, at a decent price!

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Ristoranti Da Nino: Outdoors or Indoors

by grandmaR Updated May 23, 2009

Looking across from the restaurant

For dinner we crossed the bridge next to the hotel and walked down along the Grand Canal until we found a likely place. It looked like a local place and was across the canal from the railroad station. You could eat at tables outside on the canal, which would have been nice had it been warmer.

Favorite Dish: My grandson had a steak and fries, and I had lasagna and a salad. The lasagna was the special, and the whole meal was less than lunch was.

• DEBBBEDB's Profile Photo

Ristoranti Da Nino: Near the Hotel

by DEBBBEDB Updated May 7, 2009

My beef

For dinner, we walked down the canal aways to a little restaurant. I had beef which was a very thin piece of meat, and also fries. I did get ketchsup for my fries (photo 3 and 5). My grandmother had lasgna. The total cost was 51 euros

• Architecture